Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 17:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haren View Post
That display looks like it's larger than the current bolero's! Has anyone actually seen the car physically?

I cant help but wonder if there is some way to replace my system with the new one and get the reverse camera+smartlink

Even abroad, new my15 Bolero units with smart link are of the same screen size of 5.8". Amundsen is also same screen size with added maps. And the biggest of all is the 8" Columbus player.
Old 10th September 2015, 21:08   #17
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
From today's Bangalore Times.
There is no mention of 1.4 TSI in this news paper advertisement. I am not sure why Skoda is not interested in advertising 1.4 TSI, since this is the most affordable model.

Regards.
Old 10th September 2015, 21:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Just wondered how much extra do these 'added' features cost in UK on the options list, it came to a whopping GBP 1500/- which is roughly INR 150000. We are getting features worth 1.5 Lacs at half the cost. I guess its a good deal after all. Still I would not encourage anyone to go for a TSI at least until they have the decision and solution for my vehicle.
Old 10th September 2015, 21:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
There is no mention of 1.4 TSI in this news paper advertisement. I am not sure why Skoda is not interested in advertising 1.4 TSI, since this is the most affordable model.

Regards.

Why would they advertise something which they don't sell
Jetta is the only car which sports the 1.4 TSI

1.2 and 1.4 TSIs are not yet launched in Skoda cars. They are still sticking to the 1.8TSI
Old 10th September 2015, 22:42   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Why would they advertise something which they don't sell
1.2 and 1.4 TSIs are not yet launched in Skoda cars. They are still sticking to the 1.8TSI
Well you just need to be updated. The new Octavia has a 1.4 TSI Manual version.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 22:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Hi v_2rahjo,

Skoda has 1.4 TSI with slightly more power than Jetta.

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-vw1.4tsi.jpg

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-skodaoctavia.jpg

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 00:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haren View Post
That display looks like it's larger than the current bolero's! Has anyone actually seen the car physically?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Even abroad, new my15 Bolero units with smart link are of the same screen size of 5.8".
MY16 cars have the upgraded Bolero unit with 6.5" screen here in Finland.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 12:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
MY16 cars have the upgraded Bolero unit with 6.5" screen here in Finland.
This edition is MY15. Dealer told me that its the same Bolero 5.8" unit.
My car is in transit and should be in the yard by tomorrow. Since I am going out of town for a week I can see the car and proceed for registration next week only.
Old 11th September 2015, 18:14   #24
sud
BHPian

I am also bitten by the dilema bug of deciding between Skoda TSI 1.8 anniversary edition vs Jetta 2.0 TDI HL.

I tried visiting Vinayak skoda whitefield bangalore to get a test drive. But they seem not to have any car in for display / testdrive. Their attitude was like 'we don't care for your business'. But on the other hand when I called up Tafe hosur road, they seem to be pretty responsive. Any suggestion on tafe vs vinayak skoda in bangalore? Also if any of you have any contacts in tafe please let me know.
Old 11th September 2015, 19:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
But on the other hand when I called up Tafe hosur road, they seem to be pretty responsive. Any suggestion on tafe vs vinayak skoda in bangalore? Also if any of you have any contacts in tafe please let me know.
Did Tafe tell you anything about the expected delivery date for the anniversary edition of 1.8tsi.
Old 11th September 2015, 21:09   #26
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Did Tafe tell you anything about the expected delivery date for the anniversary edition of 1.8tsi.
The person over the phone said first come first serve basis and if I book it in next couple of days he can try to get in first batch probably month end / beginning of next month. But I am not sure to rely on this information until I go there and talk to them personally.
Old 11th September 2015, 21:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
I am also bitten by the dilema bug of deciding between Skoda TSI 1.8 anniversary edition vs Jetta 2.0 TDI HL.

I tried visiting Vinayak skoda whitefield bangalore to get a test drive. But they seem not to have any car in for display / testdrive. Their attitude was like 'we don't care for your business'. But on the other hand when I called up Tafe hosur road, they seem to be pretty responsive. Any suggestion on tafe vs vinayak skoda in bangalore? Also if any of you have any contacts in tafe please let me know.
Please contact Ramesh at tafe. His number is 9663398777. You can use my reference (Bharani is my name). He was my sales rep. I had an excellent experience.
phreakv6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 21:45   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Generally 6 weeks is the standard waiting time for any variant any edition. No discounts as far as I know.
Old 12th September 2015, 01:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee_bat View Post
Hi Kapil, tried ordering on this website but just cant figure out the payment system, does one need to have a VAT number to register on GoPay? Also, I have family in france that I can ship this to and they can bring it here next month, would you recommend shipping it to france or getting it directly here? my order is a measly 69$ compared to your >400 but dont want to pay duty!

thanks
Nope. Just a credit card will do. 69 bucks won't attract any duty. Go for whatever it is you are ordering.
Old 12th September 2015, 22:40   #30
sud
BHPian

Took the test drive of 1.8 TSI at Tafe showroom in Hosur road. Just blown away by the engine and the smooth power delivery. I didn't quite like the steering feel especially when pushing the throttle hard otherwise it was all great. As per SA there are no discounts being offered. Any idea if discounts are being offered on this in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks