Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 14:21   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
You mean there is no Cd player in the glove box?? Sun glass holder was never present.
Sunglasse holder was there in laura. So i thought it will be there in octy. Not that i miss it. In the glove box, only sd card can be put. No cd slot.
Old 4th October 2015, 14:35   #107
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Sunglasse holder was there in laura. So i thought it will be there in octy. Not that i miss it. In the glove box, only sd card can be put. No cd slot.
What the bloody fish. Why the hell would they remove the CD player. That's ridiculous and even if they did there should have been a mention about it somewhere. Its like them cutting costs by removing one feature and adding another. Even to use the USB you need to buy the cable which is also really stupid in a car that costs 25L. Not fair Skoda.
Old 4th October 2015, 14:51   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
What the bloody fish. Why the hell would they remove the CD player.
In a way, they seem to be encouraging piracy. I have not heard of original soundtracks released on SD cards or USB. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 4th October 2015, 17:23   #109
BHPian

Quote:
What the bloody fish. Why the hell would they remove the CD player. That's ridiculous and even if they did there should have been a mention about it somewhere. Its like them cutting costs by removing one feature and adding another. Even to use the USB you need to buy the cable which is also really stupid in a car that costs 25L. Not fair Skoda.
No need for any cable for Usb stick. You can directly put in the port.I had kept all my cds because my vrs had 6 cd changer and thought so it will be there in octavia also. But with sd card, usb in, aux and Bluetooth streaming, i don't think i will miss the cd changer
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 19:38   #110
BHPian

Quote:
No need for any cable for Usb stick. You can directly put in the port.
I thought there was some proprietary cable that needed to be bought in order to use USB, has this changed in this new version or have I always been wrong?
Old 4th October 2015, 20:58   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I thought there was some proprietary cable that needed to be bought in order to use USB, has this changed in this new version or have I always been wrong?
Maybe it was the case earlier. I could connect a usb stick with out any issues, no additional cables.
Old 4th October 2015, 21:34   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

That sounds good. So no more ugly space taking 6 CD changer in the glove box? Mixed feelings as I do use a bunch of CDs now and then.
Old 4th October 2015, 21:56   #113
Senior - BHPian

This is the port you must have got in the Anniversary edition. This is because it comes with smart link which needs USB input. If they take away my cd player and give me this port I am a happy customer! Actually the system sounds much better using USB or aux input, rather than cds. Getting high quality cd tracks is difficult as such.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-1443975898487.jpg  

adi_petrolhead is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 23:00   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
In a way, they seem to be encouraging piracy. I have not heard of original soundtracks released on SD cards or USB. Correct me if I am wrong.
Not necessarily. Streaming is catching fast. Native on the Apple Music, or Play Music (Gaana etc, if you also consider them). If you listen to music of your choice (unlike radio), then streaming is really a big thing. World wide sales of CDs is dropping very fast. Now a days you have artists doing streaming only tracks. This actually kills piracy rather than promoting it. I see dropping the CD (and put that cost for a different feature) more welcoming.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 23:07   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

The 'old' Elegance had a different media input attachment plus a rather intrusive 6 CD changer in the glove box. Also the bezel size was larger. The new screen size is definitely 6.5".
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-skodaoctavia02.jpg  

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-skodaoctaviamt06.jpg  

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-skodaoctavia07.jpg  

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-skodaoctavia70.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 5th October 2015 at 23:16. Reason: Pix
Old 5th October 2015, 23:43   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The 'old' Elegance had a different media input attachment plus a rather intrusive 6 CD changer in the glove box. Also the bezel size was larger. The new screen size is definitely 6.5".

It is a single cd player in the Elegance not a 6-cd changer. Also notice the 'tp' button from the old Bolero is replaced by 'voice'. Now voice commands works or not, is to be seen.
Old 6th October 2015, 00:24   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
This is the port you must have got in the Anniversary edition. This is because it comes with smart link which needs USB input. If they take away my cd player and give me this port I am a happy customer! Actually the system sounds much better using USB or aux input, rather than cds. Getting high quality cd tracks is difficult as such.
Adi where have you go this pic from? It shows additional buttons for ventilated seats. I am guessing this is from some other country?
Old 6th October 2015, 10:34   #118
BHPian

Ventilated seats buttons are not present. SETUP now reads as MENU.
DUAL now changed to SYNC. If sync is on both sides temp change together. In SmartLink, only MirrorLink and AndroidAuto is coming up. Not Apple Carplay. The Skoda link says cars after May2015 cars comes with SmartLink. I dont have an iPhone, so no issue for me. Apple fans please check this in you PDI.

@itwasntme, The whole unit is still there in the glovebox with out the CD slot.

Last edited by motor_breathing : 6th October 2015 at 10:35. Reason: addition.
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 10:35   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Adi where have you go this pic from? It shows additional buttons for ventilated seats. I am guessing this is from some other country?
It was taken from Google. I know about the extra button but assumed everyone will concentrate on the USB input rather than the AC controls 😊 Skoda India never updated the website with real photos. Most of the time they post 'inverted' photos from Europe.
Old 6th October 2015, 11:27   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In SmartLink, only MirrorLink and AndroidAuto is coming up. Not Apple Carplay. The Skoda link says cars after May2015 cars comes with SmartLink. I dont have an iPhone, so no issue for me. Apple fans please check this in you PDI.

@itwasntme, The whole unit is still there in the glovebox with out the CD slot.
I think the Indian Octavia will have the Carplay too as per their own official press release unless they have copy-pasted without checking: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/sko...ersary-edition

"The Octavia will offer SmartLink with an integrated connectivity package which includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink systems. "

If there is no CD player why keep that largish box? Is it empty or are there components inside?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks