Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 08:21   #16
BHPian

re: Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India

The s 500 maybach is a class act by MB. Stunned to learn that the initial lot meant for our market has already been sold out. The s500 maybach makes many of its competition look like a joke. Especially the maserati ghibli. Well I guess taking the maybach brand downmarket paid off for merc after all. They sure will be busy offsetting the losses they incurred with the old one by milking this baby all the way.
nakul0888 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 12:05   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
I mean it somehow makes the S350 seem expensive suddenly, and let alone the Launch Edition buyers, I pity those who bought the Personal Edition in the last few months (With few cars still with MB India in stock)
My thought exactly, I feel a bit cheated having bought the S350 less than 6 months ago! At least I got upgraded to the Maybach S500 rims in my car so I feel a bit better
The stretch of 50% more for the S500 Maybach compared to the S350 is a lot for most buyers getting the diesel however for a S500 CKD buyer it seems like an option to maybe consider.
MBIL should consider a CKD S350d Maybach version and if priced at 1.3 or so (spot on with the S500 CKD pricing) it would be a real winner! There are a lot of customers who even at that price prefer to have a fuel efficient car so it is more usable for their highway runs.

A few things that I expect MBIL to give in the S350d in 2016 around the 730ld launch are: 19inch rims multi spoke rims from the CKD S500 or better design 18inch rims as current ones are horrid, memory seats in the front, criss cross stitched nappa leather. The S500 should get the following to compete with the 750iL: Criss cross nappa leather, newer design 19inch rims (perhaps the 5 spoke one that are currently optional), 3d burmester, magic sky control (they would need to make this standard on the maybach 500 too then), cooled seats in the front with massage and perhaps even consider the calf support.
This is just my speculation based on the kit that BMW would perhaps offer. That being said, BMW has a though job on their hands since they do not have a model to compete with the Maybach. Perhaps they should get the BMW Msport pack standard on the 750iL and price it at 1.35 and the 730Ld at 1.1 to just about undercut the Merc. Audi should just give up and discontinue the A8 here at this point

Last edited by Sahil : 26th September 2015 at 12:16.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 16:36   #18
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Audi should just give up and discontinue the A8 here at this point
A8 is a really competent product amongst the trio,it's a balance of comfort and power.
I have a new gen A8 at home and it's equally good as the 7 and ages ahead of the 7.
Old 26th September 2015, 17:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
My thought exactly, I feel a bit cheated having bought the S350 less than 6 months ago! At least I got upgraded to the Maybach S500 rims in my car so I feel a bit better
The stretch of 50% more for the S500 Maybach compared to the S350 is a lot for most buyers getting the diesel however for a S500 CKD buyer it seems like an option to maybe consider.
MBIL should consider a CKD S350d Maybach version and if priced at 1.3 or so (spot on with the S500 CKD pricing) it would be a real winner! There are a lot of customers who even at that price prefer to have a fuel efficient car so it is more usable for their highway runs.

A few things that I expect MBIL to give in the S350d in 2016 around the 730ld launch are: 19inch rims multi spoke rims from the CKD S500 or better design 18inch rims as current ones are horrid, memory seats in the front, criss cross stitched nappa leather. The S500 should get the following to compete with the 750iL: Criss cross nappa leather, newer design 19inch rims (perhaps the 5 spoke one that are currently optional), 3d burmester, magic sky control (they would need to make this standard on the maybach 500 too then), cooled seats in the front with massage and perhaps even consider the calf support.
This is just my speculation based on the kit that BMW would perhaps offer. That being said, BMW has a though job on their hands since they do not have a model to compete with the Maybach. Perhaps they should get the BMW Msport pack standard on the 750iL and price it at 1.35 and the 730Ld at 1.1 to just about undercut the Merc. Audi should just give up and discontinue the A8 here at this point
I really feel proud to own a BMW 7 series now , I have no hard feelings now, since everyone had suggested buying a Mercedes S -class, the price difference between S-class and maybach really justifies my decision of going for the 7 -series at the current prices.
Old 26th September 2015, 19:15   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
A8 is a really competent product amongst the trio,it's a balance of comfort and power.
I have a new gen A8 at home and it's equally good as the 7 and ages ahead of the 7.
The A8 is a great car but not for the price it commands. I am not sure of the current pricing but when I last checked the dealers were giving minimal discount on the A8 and it was significantly more expensive than the S350
I agree it is better than the currently aged 7 which is due to be axed anytime now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal9999 View Post
, the price difference between S-class and maybach really justifies my decision of going for the 7 -series at the current prices.
??? I really don't see your point with that statement. But I'm glad you are happy with your choice
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 08:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The A8 is a great car but not for the price it commands. I am not sure of the current pricing but when I last checked the dealers were giving minimal discount on the A8 and it was significantly more expensive than the S350
Haha I picked up a A8 with all the options ticked and they threw in a sweet discount with which I could have bought a Jetta DSG
It was with the dealer for around 3 months.
The things I miss over the S would be the hot stone massage.
Between the new 7 and the A8, difficult to tell which one is better until a proper review is made.
Old 27th September 2015, 12:06   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
The things I miss over the S would be the hot stone massage.
You aren't missing much. It's not that impressive really. More a gimmick, even though it works decently well there aren't many times you would use that feature in our weather.

What was your approx ex-showroom after discount? Picking up a dealers aging stock is the best deal
Old 27th September 2015, 20:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
You aren't missing much. It's not that impressive really. More a gimmick, even though it works decently well there aren't many times you would use that feature in our weather.

What was your approx ex-showroom after discount? Picking up a dealers aging stock is the best deal
Check PM.
Well I never got to check it out in person, my opinions on the massager are based on the reviews.
But you actually forget that the massagers Are even on after a while when driving.
Old 28th September 2015, 11:36   #24

The under-Rs 2 crore price tag for the S500 Maybach makes it extremely well priced for the money!
Kudos to Mercedes for bringing it to India so quickly!
Old 29th September 2015, 17:01   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Just look at the way CARDEKHO has put up the add for the Maybach S600

Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India-s-joke.jpg

S600 makes 523 bhp alright BUT, mentioning Fuel Economy in the ad for the S600
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 17:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Just look at the way CARDEKHO has put up the add for the Maybach S600

Attachment 1420941

S600 makes 523 bhp alright BUT, mentioning Fuel Economy in the ad for the S600
I guess big engines have better FE than small ones. I remember a friend commenting that his Opel Astra drank more than his S Class on highway runs
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 01:10   #27
BHPian

I have to say the Maybach is Luxury personified.
But when you actually place it beside a standard S-class, the space in the back seat although different dosen't look that evident. Maybe because the second row back seat also eats up into it.
Reference comparison picture below

However it is still a no brainer cause the space available is more than enough for anyone.
Just look at that length

On a serious note, considering the fact that cost of service of the car is 1% of the actual cost of the car,
Each service cost of the Maybach will be
S500 = 1.6 Lakhs
S600 = 2.6 Lakhs
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India-img20150930wa0000.jpg  

Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India-images25.jpg  

Old 30th September 2015, 03:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
I have to say the Maybach is Luxury personified.

But when you actually place it beside a standard S-class, the space in the back seat although different dosen't look that evident. Maybe because the second row back seat also eats up into it.

Reference comparison picture below

However it is still a no brainer cause the space available is more than enough for anyone.

Just look at that length

On a serious note, considering the fact that cost of service of the car is 1% of the actual cost of the car,

Each service cost of the Maybach will be

S500 = 1.6 Lakhs

S600 = 2.6 Lakhs

Those are the pictures of the s600 maybach pullman. I don't think it is the same variant as the one coming to india. The indian one has a single row of back seats, not the stretch pullman type.
Old 30th September 2015, 13:16   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How did you arrived at these figures if you can share please.
Old 30th September 2015, 14:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
How did you arrived at these figures if you can share please.
It's a general trend as to how people can approximate the cost of Servicing of their car. One should always keep aside this cost at a minimum for servicing when owning a car.

For Example:

The cost of My Fluidic Verna is around 12 Lakhs.
My Service costs around 12k. The cost may vary depending on the boxes ticked in the service sheet, life of the car and if any replacement or damage repairs come into play but it does give you an approximate figure.

Similarly the cost of servicing a Audi A6 will be approximately 50k and that of S-class around 1 lakh.
Although I'm not sure if this rule applies for CBU imports as the reason for their high cost is Taxation. But yes it can be held for Indian Productions and CKD imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Those are the pictures of the s600 maybach pullman. I don't think it is the same variant as the one coming to india. The indian one has a single row of back seats, not the stretch pullman type.
Yes my friend I do know that, I was just trying to compare the leg rooms as I found this picture pretty facinating to the fact that the middle row seat does eat up quite alot of space making the leg room similar to that of a S-Class with all passenger aboard. But thanks for the heads up.

Most Viewed