Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 13:28   #1
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India

Maybach S600 launched at Rs. 2.6 crores (ex-showroom, Pune).

Locally assembled Maybach S500 also launched at Rs 1.67 crores (ex-showroom, Pune). This perhaps would be the most expensive car to be locally assembled in India!
PPS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 15:00   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S600 comes to India - Launch soon?

I somehow feel the S500 @ 1.67 Crores is a good price to own the MAYBACH moniker

Also do note guys it is not just a badge which has been pasted, it is a properly engineered S, specifically the length i.e. 206 mm longer than the regular S with extended rear doors, new wheels & better features etc.

karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 15:17   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

Locally assembled Maybach S500 also launched at Rs 1.67 crores

Never thought we would see a CKD Maybach. Well done MBIL

Pricing is really good however my hunch is that it won't last too long.
What are the main differences in the S600 Maybach and CKD S500 Maybach to justify the 1cr price difference besides the engine?
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 15:26   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What are the main differences in the S600 Maybach and CKD S500 Maybach to justify the 1cr price difference besides the engine?
Import duty amount essentially.
Rudra Sen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 16:35   #5
Team-BHP Support

re: Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India

Mercedes-Benz has launched the Mercedes-Maybach sedan in India. The car is available in two variants - S 500 and S 600, priced at Rs. 1.67 crore and Rs. 2.60 crore (ex-showroom, Pune) , respectively. While the S 500 will be assembled in India, the S 600 will be imported as a CBU.

Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India-maybach_1.jpg

The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 is powered by a 5,890cc, V12, bi-turbo engine that puts out 523 BHP and 830 Nm of torque. The S 500 uses a 4,663cc, V8, bi-turbo unit that makes 455 BHP and 700 Nm of torque.

Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India-maybach_2.jpg

The Maybach sedan has a restyled grille and different 19-inch alloy wheels compared to the standard S-Class. There are Maybach logos on the C-pillars and Maybach lettering on the boot lid. The car is 207 mm longer than the regular long wheelbase S-Class. 200 mm of this is the result of the extension between the B and C-pillars. This has resulted in additional interior space for the rear passengers.

Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India-maybach_3.jpg

On the inside, Maybach logos can be found embossed at multiple places on the upholstery. Rear passengers get adjustable seats with massage function. Mercedes-Benz claims that for the rear passengers, the Maybach is the quietest car in the world. The car comes features such as air balance package, magic sky control, airmatic suspension, nappa leather upholstery, a 1,540 Burmester 3D surround sound system with 24 speakers and seven-colour ambient lighting among others.

Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India-maybach_4.jpg

Mercedes-Benz has equipped the Maybach with rear seat beltbags and cushion bags. The beltbag is an inflatable seat belt strap that the company claims, reduces the load on the ribcage in a frontal impact, thus reducing the risk of injury to passengers in the rear. Other safety features include airbags, night view assist Plus, 360 degree camera, active parking assist, LED lighting, crosswind assist, pre-safe impulse and tyre pressure monitoring system among others.

Mercedes-Benz claims that the Maybach S 600 was sold out within two weeks of the announcement of the launch date.
Aditya is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 16:48   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I somehow feel the S500 @ 1.67 Crores is a good price to own the MAYBACH moniker
+ 1 - agree completely , this looks to be a good pricing considering S350 or whatever they call sells at 1,20 and with so many additional features and that Extra Rear space is simply worth for extra .
Quote:
Pricing is really good however my hunch is that it won't last too long.
I am sure you must have paid extra 40 Lac or so to get this had they shared on this before They are here for long run specially for cars they launch as CKD. Looking at all the standard equipment lists including magic bode control - wow ..

BMW was planning to launch new 7 CBU in price range of 1,25 - looks they will now have to adjust this

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th September 2015 at 17:08.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 16:50   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Import duty amount essentially.
Yes that's true but there has got to be some more goodies for them justify the price difference to customer in order to offset the import duty.

Can someone confirm if atleast the Maybach's come with Magic Body Control since it now does not use radar tech.

I would love to see the look on the launch edition S500 buyers faces after seeing that the Maybach S500 CKD costs nearly as much as what they paid for the S500 CBU Launch Edition

Note to Audi: If MBIL can assemble the Maybach here you guys should be ashamed for not even assembling the A8 here #MakeInIndia
This is a step in the right direction, a proud and bold moment for MBIL to bring in an ultra niche car as CKD.
What's next? AMG assembling in India with signatures of Indian men on the engine cover. AMG Handcrafted by: Pawan Kumar

Last edited by Sahil : 25th September 2015 at 16:59.
Sahil is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 17:36   #8
BHPian

I would totally go in for the S500 Maybach if and when I plan to replace my 500 or add another one. I guess any 500 owner would do that from now, because there's not much cost difference.

Even I'm pretty confused as to why the S600 is a CBU? If there's not much extra to offer, then I'm sure MB India can throw in the V12 instead of the V8. Will have to wait and see to get more clarity on this.

I'm hoping they bring distronic plus to India now, since the government has delicensed the use of low frequency radars. I haven't read on it, just saw the article title, so not too sure on this.

Now coming to the AMG's, there is a possibility of MB India assembling them in India, but the engines will definitely come from Affalterbach. That's what they do with the G63 assembly in Austria and the ML63, GL63 in USA. Would love to see the AMG's get assembled here, as they'll get cheaper. 😁
Shivjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 17:39   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
an someone confirm if atleast the Maybach's come with Magic Body Control since it now does not use radar tech
Yes - here are complete details

http://www.tandtmotors.co.in/car-det...=Maybach-S-500
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India-screen-shot-20150925-5.42.12-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th September 2015 at 17:42.
Turbanator is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 17:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Its a sweet shot by Mercedes to launch Maybach at this price. I checked with two dealers --no one is aware about the S500 Maybach. Can anyone confirm whether the bookings have started.

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2015 at 14:59. Reason: Language
vishal9999 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th September 2015, 19:05   #11
BHPian

Bookings have started today itself. They announced this at the launch. I went for the launch of the Maybach S600 and the Maybach S500 part was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2015 at 15:00. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 21:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sahil,

Believe me this price is going to stay at this for a while, this was a part of MB India's plan since 2014 itself, and unless there are drastic duty hikes / fluctuations in the currency you won't see much of a spike in the S500 (CKD)

But truly speaking this pretty much becomes the best and the most VFM luxury car in this country, I mean it somehow makes the S350 seem expensive suddenly, and let alone the Launch Edition buyers, I pity those who bought the Personal Edition in the last few months (With few cars still with MB India in stock) besides those who also self drive a lot.

Here's a few differences I know of,

Gains,

9G Tronic (First car in India to officially get it I suppose?)

Loses,

No HUD, No SplitView, No MBC, Standard front seats without Massage, Can't equip the car with Magic Sky Control and it also skips on a lot of customizations, but keeping all this aside, it's truly special do check the car out, I just hope they have more interior colors compared to just the Beige and Black they currently offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
BMW was planning to launch new 7 CBU in price range of 1,25 - looks they will now have to adjust this
Turbanator,

Believe me This is going to make life a misery for BMW India, at least in terms of pricing the 750Li unless they take the CKD Route which I don't think they will besides for 730d at least not until 2017.

Quote:
Can someone confirm if atleast the Maybach's come with Magic Body Control since it now does not use radar tech.

What's next? AMG assembling in India with signatures of Indian men on the engine cover. AMG Handcrafted by: Pawan Kumar
Sahil,

MBC is only on the 600, MB India can launch cars with it but for now it's only going to be kept for the CBU's but in 2016 the feature is going to trickle down a lot. 2016 moves to another exciting year for MB India with the A200d, New E, GLS, GLC, Variants of existing cars, Updates to S350 to counter the 7, and enough to keep them at #1 all the way into 2017.

Next E has massive plans already for Mercedes India, that is going to be a launch to look forward to in 2016.

On a side note, 2 guys at AMG do put their Indian names on that engine Cover

Good Night
S350L-E240 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 22:38   #13
BHPian

Okay... Maybe I am off the mark here... but didn't the launch edition have most of the features, that the Maybach S500 has?

The missing ones that come to mind are MBC, HUD and Splitview (not sure if the last two were there in the launch edition). The rear split seats, massage seats, led lights etc were all there in the launch edition.

Of course the extra length and the Maybach moniker wasn't there
Old 25th September 2015, 23:25   #14
Team-BHP Support

Here's complete brochure from MB India web ,looks details at dealerships website are not correct .

Quote:
The missing ones that come to mind are MBC, HUD and Splitview (not sure if the last two were there in the launch edition). The rear split seats, massage seats, led lights etc were all there in the launch edition
One Thing which definitely has been missing on all models of S Class launched in India is extended thigh support which alone is a great feature in my opinion .
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-Maybach S500 and S600 launched in India-screen-shot-20150925-11.28.21-pm.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf MaybachS-Class.pdf (3.13 MB, 1884 views)

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th September 2015 at 23:33.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 07:08   #15
BHPian

Great Pricing for the S500 and it sure will eat a lot of CBU imports. Talk about timing this news, yesterday I was spending close to half an hour gawking at the Brabus 900 BHP version of the S600 on youtube !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks