Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 15:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti launches the loud & garish Swift Glory (limited edition)

Does MSIL come under RTI? I want to know the qualifications and experience criteria required to be a designer in this company. Could not find this information aon company website, hence posting here.

The person who made the Swift ugly must have some caliber as it is bit difficult to spoil those looks.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 16:01   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Inside, the Glory edition is equipped with a dual-tone red-and-black seat upholstery, a steering wheel and gear cover, a Bluetooth-enabled music system and new floor mats. Reverse parking assist along with a rear-view camera is also provided.

The Swift Glory edition is available on the VXi and VDi variants of the hatchback. These variants offer ABS and EBD, but are devoid of airbags, alloy wheels, automatic climate control, smart entry with engine starter button, steering mounted controls and a rear wiper/washer.
At least there is some regard to safety here rather than giving these features in LXi/LDi variant that has no ABS+EBD.

I do find this a decent offer except for the decals/stickers. If Maruti can give the same features in the regular variants then things should do good.

Just for a share, 2 of my colleagues have booked this variant as an upgrade from a 10 year old Hero Honda Splendor. The 'ZDi' variant was too much of a stretch hence they settled for it.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 16:03   #18
BHPian

I would have bought this car only if Maruti painted the wheel caps RED as well... and may be the front windshield and the headlights and the tyres.

I am disappointed with Maruti. They have shattered my hopes of owning a sports car.

On a serious note, do you the magic racing stripes on this car have actually raised the BHP by 10 per sticker... DAMN!
captain.torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 16:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Finally, an apt name as well to go with one of these limited edition sticker cars.
'Glory'?? How can a car be named Glory?
Thank God it's a limited edition.
Old 4th October 2015, 17:16   #20
BHPian

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder guys. Quite a few people will love these things which many feel hideous (including me). I have certain people ,who sees such sticker jobs as the main usp of a product.
Another method by MSIL to milk from such customers with zero expenditure from their side.
Thank god,I haven't got that taste.
Old 4th October 2015, 18:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Had MSIL stopped at the red roof, (without the spoiler), and the red mirror scalps, it could've looked a bit better. Similarly on the inside, if maruti was determined to fiddle with it, they could have stuck to a single pinstripe seat cover. The thick dual stripes look a tad loud in my opinion.

What really ruins it are the extra, (and useless weight adding), appendages of the body kit. It neither looks sporty nor very well integrated. Are these dealer fitments by an chance?

And what's with the name. "Glory" eh? Sounds more like a packet of detergent or some new variety of tea!
arjab is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 18:59   #22
BHPian

Abarth Swift Glory.
This is Maruti's answer to the upcoming Abarth Punto Evo

Seriously, the color scheme, side decals etc. reminded me of Abarth Punto Evo Esseesse (albeit in a crude way).

Last edited by theredliner : 4th October 2015 at 19:01.
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 19:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Apart from stickering, when we can expect an all new swift? Next gen Swift I mean. The current one has been on the roads for quite some time now.
Old 4th October 2015, 19:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Maruti were "inspired" by the Mini Cooper Coupe. Take the base design of the Mini, add a few tasteless decals and sell it as a limited edition. Wow Maruti

Maruti launches the loud & garish Swift Glory (limited edition)-mini.jpg
Old 4th October 2015, 20:12   #25
BHPian

Personally I like this car. Though I wouldn't bother buying one, I like seeing such cars on our roads. This looks way better than some crap modifications some do on good looking car!
Maruti's way to sell cars that look like modded car!

Whenever sales of some cars go down either discounts or limited editions crop up! Now with arrival of newer B2 segment hatchbacks, Swift is probably not meeting internal targets nowadays, though the actual numbers are way ahead of competition.
Swift still has a lot of potential and in my view it should sell easily another 2 lakh cars before slowing down.
Old 4th October 2015, 21:01   #26
BHPian

It looks ok . But in my opinion they must sell a variant with the 1.6 petrol , and make it look like the swift glory .
Old 4th October 2015, 21:12   #27
BHPian

Oh dear MSIL, please stop being so stingy and give us performance oriented vehicles that actually bring better performance to the table, like the actual Swift Sport maybe? We're tired of these stickers you put on your regular ol' cars and then pass them off to us Indian consumers as sport, limited, editions. Same applies to all other manufacturers as well

Stop milking us Indian Consumers?
Old 4th October 2015, 22:43   #28
BHPian

Ideally this pic should have gone to weird and wacky mod jobs thread.No comments....
Old 4th October 2015, 22:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

At first I thought this is the Swift 'Gory' LE. Actually, that's a better name for this piece of crap!
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 00:01   #30
BHPian

The swift should be discontinued now and the Baleno should be the replacement. They have milked the design enough. They should let it rest now.

Maybe the designers of this edition wants to send the hire ups at Maruti the same message and that is why. this half hearted and absolutely comic attempt at a limited edition.

I guess the accessories provided are pretty useful , but Maruti should seriously resist plastering every limited edition with stickers, as in minus the stickers it provides decent level of kit over the normal variants.

Most Viewed