Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 08:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti launches the loud & garish Swift Glory (limited edition)

More on link: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/10/m...aunched-197193

Maruti launches the loud & garish Swift Glory (limited edition)-marutiswiftgloryeditionfront900x629.jpg

Maruti launches the loud & garish Swift Glory (limited edition)-marutiswiftgloryeditionrear900x672.jpg

Maruti launches the loud & garish Swift Glory (limited edition)-marutiswiftgloryeditionside900x474.jpg

Maruti launches the loud & garish Swift Glory (limited edition)-marutiswiftgloryeditioninterior900x429.jpg

Quote:
Maruti has launched the limited edition Maruti Swift Glory, with a host of cosmetic and feature changes.

On the outside, the Swift Glory edition gets side skirts, a rear spoiler, blackened C-Pillars, a contrast red roof and wing mirrors, side decals and racing stripes.
Inside, the Glory edition is equipped with a dual-tone red-and-black seat upholstery, a steering wheel and gear cover, a Bluetooth-enabled music system and new floor mats. Reverse parking assist along with a rear-view camera is also provided.
sidindica is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 08:51   #2
BANNED

re: Maruti launches the loud & garish Swift Glory (limited edition)

What the heck is this ??

Figo has more BHP and Nm to the ton than the legendary Getz, has Airbags, Steering mounted controls, auto lock, what more do we need and at 7L OTR??

Till we graduate beyond Maruti and Hyundai, they'll milk us.

We need to move and buy cars for the their souls rather than legacy that M and H are carrying for ages.

Cheers.

Last edited by GTO : 5th October 2015 at 16:22. Reason: No inappropriate language please, not even indirectly
Torquedo is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 09:03   #3
BHPian

The designer must have been drunk while designing this. I wonder how the management approved this hideous thing. I dont think this will stop people from going to Ford dealership. I would be happy if there is a special edition that just comes with ABS and Airbag.

So this thing will exist along with the Windsong and as well as the new SP edition ?
amvj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 09:13   #4
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The Swift Glory looks nice, but actually more like how one would spruce it up at the local accessory stores, typical work that people would get done on a used car - repaint, new graphics, seat covers, etc

Really wondering why all the Limited Editions from Maruti suddenly ? We had the Alto 800 Onam edition, then the Wagon R Avance and now the Swift Glory ?
Is Maruti already feeling the pinch in terms of sales ? I don't think this is evident in the numbers yet but probably they just want to stay ahead of the game ?
I also noticed that the S-Cross print ads in the newspapers mentioned only the DDiS 320 version. This is probably due to lower sales of this variant again.

Last edited by NPV : 4th October 2015 at 09:18.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 09:26   #5
BHPian

Giving car a jazzy look is not going to change what is under the hood, SWIFT has always tried to bank on its sporty character which over the period of time is fading for the product because other car manufacturers have started realizing that MS would at some point start playing the catch up game.

IMO SWIFT has undergone so many cosmetic upgrades over the period of its existence and probably it does not matter in a MS crazy country like ours, it is still going to sell.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 09:31   #6
BHPian

I feel like vomiting after seeing this car. What have they done in this ? Such poor taste. I don't see it selling the way they want it to be. From the image red and black seats look very cheap.
Metallicar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 09:38   #7
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the info with us sidindica.

What the heck is this? This is how you ruin a very good product. What were the designers of this so called "limited edition" thinking? My kid cousin will do a better job. This looks just ugly and hideous. These kind of cars are a total disgrace to the term "limited edition."

With the launch of hot hatches like the Punto Evo Abarth around the corner, shouldn't they be focussing on a sports version of sorts with the Swift? With these limited editions, the Swift is surely going to lose its charm and image it had gathered over the years.
"New floor mats", seriously!?! That's all you got? The previous gen Figo had Bluetooth enabled in the audio system.

Grow up MSIL. There's seriously something wrong with you. Indian customers are now much more mature.

Didn't the Swift score a 0-Star NCAP rating? What about that? Instead on launching these limited editions, focus on the improvement of the product itself.

This one doesn't deserve its own thread IMO. It should go to the Swift official review thread. Team-BHP cannot be crowded with threads of these crappy cars. :banghead:

Sorry Maruti, this one doesn't symbolize glory by any means.

Cheers,
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 4th October 2015 at 09:50.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 09:58   #8
BHPian

Another cheap paint and sticker job from Maruti.Guess when the taps of imagination run dry at Maruti they go shopping in the local stationary shop for some paste on stickers. How long will this nonsense continue? The swift is anyways nearing its end of product life cycle and needs a serious revamp in terms of design and features.
thehighwayman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 10:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

What the hell is this? What were they smoking to approve of this stupid contraption.

Sadly many of the customers still prefer these stupid Limited editions over normal variants, this is evident in Maruti Suzuki consistently bringing out such idiotic limited editions.

Two emoji's are not sufficient to vent my frustration.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 10:30   #10
BHPian

Racing inspired graphics on a vehicle that doesn't have the requisite safety equipment to protect the occupants in case a need arises? Wow, just wow!

On an unrelated note,
1) Are the wheel caps of a new design? 'cause it seems like the higher ups in the Maruti Suzuki chain have taken a liking for the guy who designed the horrible alloys of the S-Cross. They look very closely identical if, not the same.
2) The stickers on the doors look dang similar to the ones on the Punto. Just me?

If MSIL had it their way, they would label a car with the core installs like an engine, a chassis, a gearbox and seats as an "Un"-limited edition! C'mon Maruti!!!!

P.S. Found more stickers than paint on this one !

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 4th October 2015 at 10:59.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 10:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

A bit pointless, really, but that said, the sticker work has been tastefully done. If I was looking to buy the Swift, this would be it. The best sticker job from MSIL in my opinion.
Old 4th October 2015, 11:15   #12
BHPian

Swift Glory? Seriously? Looks more 'GORY' to me than glory! Especially with all that unwanted red. There's no use in hating MSIL for doing this. As long as we keep buying this kind of crap they will keep on coming with similar stuff. They give us what we Indians deserve(speaking of the entire Indian auto market). We don't give a damn to safety and such stuff and instead go bla bla over anything that some manufacturers come up with. You get what you deserve. We as consumers need to grow up first. Then manufacturers too will change.
SUPERSPORT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 12:04   #13
BANNED

This is SWIFT GORY! Life imprisonement will be too less a punishment for the ones behind this. I feel sorry for Swft, it doesn't deserve these kind of treatment. Wish MSIL show some respect to their best seller. If not don't insult, please.
Old 4th October 2015, 12:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

I think its getting cliche.

MSIL launching nth limited edition and us BHPians having our share of fun despite knowing it won't change the attitude of #1 manufacturer in India who seem to have a remarkable knowledge of our market.

Come on guys, let the comments pour in.

Last edited by carwatcher : 4th October 2015 at 12:32.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 14:17   #15
BHPian

It may look gory or aggressive but I can already sense a lot of potential buyers looking at the design in awe. One thing is for sure, it will stand out in a crowd with its loud styling. That may eventually get buyers to lap it up.
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks