Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 22:24   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched

Now Launched. Website has been updated with both new models

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...est-drive.html

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...est-drive.html

Specially interested in those customized detachable window binds. Have never been able to get one that fits well.

Launch Report:

Quote:
Volkswagen announces the launch of limited edition Polo in India. Endowed with stylish new exterior features, the limited edition Polo is aptly termed ‘Polo Exquisite’. This Polo Exquisite offering is available at all Volkswagen showrooms across India from 9th October 2015 onwards.

On this occasion, Mr. Michael Mayer, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, said, “We are very excited to present India’s favorite hatch back in its new avatar, the Polo Exquisite. This new limited edition Polo which effortlessly boasts of stunning features like black roof foil, detachable made-to-size window blinds and carbon fibre finish on ORVMs further cement its place as the sporty, dynamic and a powerful hatch in the hearts of its owners.”
Source: Motoroctane
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 10:11   #17
BHPian

Re: VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched

Does VW, India marketing team know that Polos' deliveries are on hold?

After the horrific diesel-gate scandal, VW India seems to have decided to move the inventory quickly by refreshing the vehicle looks with an objective of minimizing the overall loss that they are going to incur in the current fiscal.

+

The launch of Abarth!

This is again a case of taking the Indian customers for grated. Stop advertising the product until you can give the delivery commitment.

Stop fooling the Indian customers!

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 10th October 2015 at 10:13.
Old 11th October 2015, 13:14   #18

Good thing is that the for the Vento, 835 AVN system along with the cosmetic stuff is available at an additional cost of 29K. Since the 835 itself costs ~40K in the market and upwards of 50K when purchased from the dealer, it looks like a good deal.

I am planning to buy the highline plus but i was quoted Rs.40,100 for the additional kit. This was at VW Secunderabad (PPS Motors Pvt Ltd.) Is there anything i can do about it? Can you tell me which showroom quoted 29k for the additional kit of Highline Plus?
Old 11th October 2015, 13:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lihkinm View Post

I am planning to buy the highline plus but i was quoted Rs.40,100 for the additional kit. This was at VW Secunderabad (PPS Motors Pvt Ltd.) Is there anything i can do about it? Can you tell me which showroom quoted 29k for the additional kit of Highline Plus?
The 29k was from the press release/articles about the launch and not from a dealer. It could be exclusive of all the taxes and stuff.

Why don't you call/email VW customer care and check. If they say it is net 29k you can approach the dealer with that info.
Old 11th October 2015, 16:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
This was at VW Secunderabad (PPS Motors Pvt Ltd.)
If you have the price list, can you please tell me the present OTR price of the GT TSI at the PPS ?
Old 11th October 2015, 17:48   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Why don't you call/email VW customer care and check. If they say it is net 29k you can approach the dealer with that info.
Yes Rajeevraj, I've just emailed VW customer care about the same. Lets see if they'd provide the details themselves or if they'd ask the dealer near me to contact me, which would bring things to the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
If you have the price list, can you please tell me the present OTR price of the GT TSI at the PPS ?
I don't have the price list of Polo GT TSi with me right now...but the price on carwale.com is exact to the units digit. (Rs.10,18,458)
lihkinm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 17:53   #22

Quote:
Specially interested in those customized detachable window binds. Have never been able to get one that fits well.
I have personally checked the VW vento highline plus in VW secunderabad showroom. And I must admit those window blinds fit very precisely to the panel. They are quite thick and sturdy, felt like good quality stuff to me. I didn't try to detach them though. Perhaps I should do try it next time i visit the showroom.

Quote:

Yes Rajeevraj, I've just emailed the VW customer care. I hope they wouldn't ask the nearby showroom to contact me because that wouldn't serve the purpose of finding the actual price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
I don't have the price list for Polo GT TSi with me right now, but it is Rs.10,18,458. The GT TDi costs you Rs.22/- more.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th October 2015 at 17:16. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 11th October 2015, 20:09   #23
BHPian

BTW, These models are already on display at some dealers. Interested folks can go down to check it in person
Old 11th October 2015, 23:05   #24
BHPian

Had to visit Vw Showroom today. Saw the new exquisite polo in red. It looks absolutely stunning.

VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-1.jpg

VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-2.jpg

VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-3.jpg

VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-img_0613.jpg

VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-img_0614.jpg

VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-5.jpg

VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-6.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2015 at 07:50. Reason: Correcting image orientation
krsna777 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 11:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post

Saw the new exquisite polo in red. It looks absolutely stunning.
Hey krsna777 really appreciate your efforts & time in posting these pics that must help a lot of prospective buyers

Just one request though:

Please take time to post pictures vertically/upright to help others view them easily. I almost strained my neck swiveling my laptop !!
Old 12th October 2015, 16:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have the price list for Polo GT TSi with me right now, but it is Rs.10,18,458. The GT TDi costs you Rs.22/- more.
As far as the advertisement goes, I believe GT TSI is not available in the Exquisite Edition. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 12th October 2015, 17:09   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
As far as the advertisement goes, I believe GT TSI is not available in the Exquisite Edition. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
DevendraG, the price i mentioned above is for the regular GT TSi in Hyderabad. I'm not aware if it is available in the Exquisite Edition.

However, the list of variants available on websites for Polo should give us some idea. ( Can be seen in the picture attached. )
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-1444649929050.jpg  

Old 15th October 2015, 00:42   #28

So here's the reply i receive from customer.care@volkswagen.co.in

She mentioned the price of the "plus" package to be around 37000. I was quoted 41000 by the dealer in secunderabad. I shall try to negotiate with him, showing him this email. Hope it gives me a cut, however fine it might be.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-1444849855815.jpg  

Old 15th October 2015, 16:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So here's the reply i receive from customer.care@volkswagen.co.in

She mentioned the price of the "plus" package to be around 37000. I was quoted 41000 by the dealer in secunderabad. I shall try to negotiate with him, showing him this email. Hope it gives me a cut, however fine it might be.
Skufplates - Really? (imagine a "really?" emoticon here).

The entire package is a really good deal. One wouldn't mind going for the package and asking them not to fit the items one doesn't want (like roof and mirror covers, in my case).

I'm interested in the navigation system, which by itself is over 40k in the market. Wish Skoda introduced this one too, for the Rapid. Would like to upgrade the music system and get the blinds. I get a prominent right-arm-biased tan every time I go on a long drive ever since the sun-film ban was introduced.
Old 15th October 2015, 21:04   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

The entire package is a really good deal. One wouldn't mind going for the package and asking them not to fit the items one doesn't want (like roof and mirror covers, in my case).

I'm interested in the navigation system, which by itself is over 40k in the market. Wish Skoda introduced this one too, for the Rapid. Would like to upgrade the music system and get the blinds. I get a prominent right-arm-biased tan every time I go on a long drive ever since the sun-film ban was introduced.
I second you, VeluM, I have seen the highline plus in flesh, and IMHO, I didn't like the carbon fibre covers for the ORVMs.

Nor did i like the matt finished black roof. Because that stands out as the only matt finished part in an otherwise glossy car.

The door protectors look lovely, adding more oomph to the car's visual appeal.

Also, the aluminium frame in the central console is covered with the same carbon fibre sticker that covers the ORVMs. It looks better than the aluminium counterpart, in my opinion.

The skufplates ( isn't it spelled as scuff-plates? ) didn't look premium at all, and they're not illuminated either. But i guess they're ok because as mentioned above, the 835 system itself costs well above 40k in the market.

Can anyone throw light on whether the secondary USB port of the Philadelphia 835 can be routed to the glovebox? I seriously dislike sticking a pen drive, however small it might be, on the face of the music system ( the primary port ).

Most Viewed