Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 20:21   #136
Team-BHP Support

re: VW directs dealers to stop physical delivery of Polo! EDIT: It's a handbrake issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Hi graaja and gaurav, do you guys have the exact date of manufacture of your cars?
If not the exact date then atleast the month of manufacture?
Hi freedom, I do not know the date of manufacture. But from the VIN number, I know that the month of manufacture is September.

And by the way, don't worry about this issue related to your GT TSi. If it is not yet delivered and if it happens to fall in the same batch, they will rectify the issue before making delivery. And as this is a minor issue, just take delivery and enjoy the car
Old 9th October 2015, 20:52   #137
BHPian

re: VW directs dealers to stop physical delivery of Polo! EDIT: It's a handbrake issue

Quoting my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Hi,

I had seen a GT TSI in a used car dealership

Flash Red
18K kms run
2014 manufactured and Apr registered
Car is under warranty
Quote: Rs. 7.25 lacs and came down to 7.10 lacs
VIN: WVW14601ET048015
The dealer had called me today and told that the GT is available @ 6.90 lacs. The effect of this issue is already evident in the used car market?

OT: I have shelved the plans of buying a car as of now

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th October 2015 at 09:46. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 9th October 2015, 21:35   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi freedom, I do not know the date of manufacture. But from the VIN number, I know that the month of manufacture is September.

And by the way, don't worry about this issue related to your GT TSi. If it is not yet delivered and if it happens to fall in the same batch, they will rectify the issue before making delivery. And as this is a minor issue, just take delivery and enjoy the car
Yes I agree, and thats what I have been hearing from my SA.
Old 9th October 2015, 22:23   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Seriously - VW India is just too darn slow.
Is it to be called just "slow" or is there anything more fishy(read=serious safety issue) which is being hidden away from the innocent public?. Just a handbrake issue takes 24 hour to be declared?
Sorry VW, but the scandal bug had bit me and i have to rethink everything with a suspicious tinge!!
Old 9th October 2015, 22:30   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

In the midst of this VW Launches the Polo Exquisite edition and Vento Highline Plus.

It seems a little odd that on the one hand they issue a stop sale directive to dealers for the Polo and then the very next day goes ahead with the new limited edition launch. They should have waited a few days for the dust to settle on this recall and ensure that all confusions are cleared before launching a new model. Agreed that they are not really dependent, but a common customer who does not get into the details will be confused.

Strange-The way VW Sales and Marketing works.

Quoting from the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Now Launched. Website has been updated with both new models

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...est-drive.html

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...est-drive.html

Launch Report:

Quote:
Volkswagen announces the launch of limited edition Polo in India. Endowed with stylish new exterior features, the limited edition Polo is aptly termed ‘Polo Exquisite’. This Polo Exquisite offering is available at all Volkswagen showrooms across India from 9th October 2015 onwards.

On this occasion, Mr. Michael Mayer, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, said, “We are very excited to present India’s favorite hatch back in its new avatar, the Polo Exquisite. This new limited edition Polo which effortlessly boasts of stunning features like black roof foil, detachable made-to-size window blinds and carbon fibre finish on ORVMs further cement its place as the sporty, dynamic and a powerful hatch in the hearts of its owners.”
Source: Motoroctane

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 9th October 2015 at 22:34.
Old 9th October 2015, 22:42   #141
BHPian

Hi

It's some issue with the Handbrakes. It was in the news today.
Old 11th October 2015, 16:03   #142
BHPian

Went to the service centre yesterday . They changed the brake liners . They connected the panasonic laptops to my car and said they were downloading logs from my car. Not sure if thats the case.

They also took photos of what they did and said they will be submitting them to VW as proof of the change.
ngauravmalhotra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 01:52   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
If so why is the sale of petrol variants of Polo suspended?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
There's something more to this. If it is the diesel scam, the Vento and other higher model car deliveries would also have been put on hold. This seems to be really fishy. Emission tests should be performed across all cars. The earlier VW come out, the better.
That information given by the SA was completely misleading. After knowing that it was related to Handbrake issues, I had been to the showroom to get more clarity on the issue and the delivery date. However, the SA was on a leave and I spoke to another person and he was trying to explain me all sort of things apart from the information which I required. I was not convinced at all and have asked them to cancel my booking for now .
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:48   #144
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW directs dealers to stop physical delivery of Polo! EDIT: It's a handbrake issue

VW India updates the website with the service action link:

Quote:
Dear Polo user,

The Polo is back. Chasing the wind. Putting smiles on faces.

Recently, 389 cars from a single batch of Polo production in September 2015 were recalled. But it was only to fix a suspected concern related to the handbrake liner. We determined that under certain isolated conditions, the handbrake mechanism of these cars may lose its effectiveness, though no such instances have been reported. This doesn’t concern any other car line, or any other Polo, new or old. We have completed the rectification of the concern of over 90% of these cars without the customers having to pay a penny. The remaining few are well underway.

At Volkswagen, the only thing that concerns us is customer safety. And a steady assurance of drive pleasure.If you haven't been contacted yet and would still like to check if your Polo is covered, simply enter your VIN number below.

If you have any concerns or queries, call us at our toll-free number (24x7): 1800 209 0909 / 1800 102 0909
VW India - Check if your car is impacted

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd November 2015 at 12:15.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:57   #145
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW likely to recall 100,000 cars in India due to emission scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

VW India updates the website with the service action link:
Thank you Gannu for sharing this.

Just tried this link with my GT's VIN and here is what I got:

VW directs dealers to stop physical delivery of Polo! EDIT: It's a handbrake issue-screen-shot-20151103-11.52.45-am.png
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:02   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Thank you Gannu for sharing this.

Attachment 1434943
Why would you even bother with doing the VIN check? Yours is a 2013 model and this is for the Sept 2015 batch for the handbrake issue.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:03   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Attachment 1434943
Quote:
Why would you even bother with doing the VIN check? Yours is a 2013 model and this is for the Sept 2015 batch for the handbrake issue.
Think he was checking that 'cheat ' is involved in this
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:13   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Think he was checking that 'cheat ' is involved in this

Gannu Bhai, your GT is one of those with 'Angel Wings' bro and touch wood let it remain that way.

As Volkman has posted, the recent VW experience with my GT has left me so shaken that I would want to check anything & everything that may, can, might, would, shall go wrong!!

Getting an issue notified by VW is one thing and I have just realized that getting that issue sorted by the VW service India is a totally different one. So if I at least know 'What's Next' in my VW, I can probably arrange my finance/alternate ride/frustration antidote, etc well in advance.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 3rd November 2015 at 12:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks