Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 16:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
It also gets the Smart keyless entry and start/stop button. This is well worth the 20k premium IMO. Also if you had been reading this same thread, there has been talks of the face lift coming for a while and even the new features were being listed by the members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
20 K rupees is very reasonable amount for addition of DRL, that signature lightguide (whatever that is ) AND push-button start. Keyless start makes life so easy. And DRL is very desirable, too. A little bling never harmed anyone, right?
IMHO I do not see any real value addition with features like keyless entry, push-button start and drls. I feel they're just bling factors and not worth the extra 20k!
About the imminent launch of the face lifted Ecosport - I really don't see this as a face lift - it's more of a refreshed version for me! The vehicle is almost identical to the previous versions - so will stick to the pre-face lifted model!
Old 7th October 2015, 17:34   #17
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

The real winner here is the introduction of the Trend+ variants especially Diesel. The rationale is that the pricing of ABS and Dual AirBags variant (erstwhile Titanium) had pushed this car out of reach of many people. I think many would prefer safety any day over features. The Trend+ variant would put this car within reach for many.Now the safety features are available for about 50-70k( OTR) lower. As far as Ecoboost is concerned, despite it being a fantastic engine, the FE might be a concern for quite a few and hence it may not rake up the desired numbers.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 17:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
On the contrary I think this is a smart move. This makes the Ecoboost more affordable and not a halo option. Earlier customers would have to stretch for Ecoboost as it was only in top 2 trims or compromise on the engine and get the 1.5 Ti-VCT. This makes the Ecoboost reachable for many.
Fully agree - if a buyer were paying particularly for the Titanium EcoBoost, they were specifically choosing that over the diesel, and in that case they would easily pay to get the Titanium+ instead. I suspect sales of Titanium EcoBoost would have been quite low, to support this decision.

Also, apart from making the EcoBoost more accessible, it also widens the cost gap between EcoBoost and diesel - rather than force someone interested in the EcoBoost to buy one of the Titaniums (where they would be tempted to consider a diesel) this gives them a juicier option.

Finally, by replacing the 1.5 Ti-VCT with a 1.0 EcoBoost in the middle variant, Ford can rake in <4m benefits, without lowering the price tag. Maybe they're at the break-even point where the additional margin through <4m benefits makes up for the added import cost of the EcoBoost engines.

Last edited by arunphilip : 7th October 2015 at 17:46.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 17:50   #19
BHPian

No AVN system yet?. If they had updated it with a AVN system at least in titanium variant, it would have been a complete package. The sad part is that you cannot even retrofit a third party AVN in earlier ford. If the dash design is the same then it is going to be a opportunity lost.
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 17:56   #20
BHPian

I am surprised there is no change in the 1.5 Petrol versions. I thought they had tweaked this engine in aspire to produce 110ps.
kvish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:14   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I am surprised there is no change in the 1.5 Petrol versions. I thought they had tweaked this engine in aspire to produce 110ps.
The 1.5 Ti-VCT was always producing 112 ps. See below screenshots from the Figo brochure, and this facelifted EcoSport's brochure. However, the torque ratings for both 1.5 TDCi diesel and 1.5 Ti-VCT petrol are slightly different - this might be down to ECU profiles, and not any physical changes.

EcoSport Engines
Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-ecosportengines.gif
Figo/Aspire Engines
Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-figoengines.gif
Old 7th October 2015, 18:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
People cried & shouted loud that S-cross is very costly. See EcoSport pricing, its a sub 4 meter vehicle and get excise duty benefit of 12%, that's huge. Still Trend + model (Which has airbags) is 9.18 Lacs ex showroom delhi. Means it will be around 10.5 Lacs OTR Pune. Where as S-cross which is bigger than EcoSport, has safety features, more space inside, better interiors is 1 lacs cheaper. Anyday I will prefere S-cross over EcoSport.
It doesn't have a lot of headroom for an SUV and the safety features that you're talking about are not even close to the Ford. Build of the Scross is flimsy compared to the Ford. Maybe that's why it has a lac off within a month.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
It doesn't have a lot of headroom for an SUV and the safety features that you're talking about are not even close to the Ford. Build of the Scross is flimsy compared to the Ford. Maybe that's why it has a lac off within a month.
If you read T-BHP review, it confirms that its solidly built car and good quality inside out. All variants get 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS & dual airbags which is very good thing to have. Also review confirms its very spacious, so no question of lot of headroom here. Talking about height, in fact less height gets you better ride quality any day. Discount of lac rupees is only on 1.6 currently. If its on 1.3 as well then it makes even more sense to buy S-cross over EcoSport as it becomes super VFM then, isn't it?
aniketi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If you read T-BHP review, it confirms that its solidly built car and good quality inside out. All variants get 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS & dual airbags which is very good thing to have. Also review confirms its very spacious, so no question of lot of headroom here. Talking about height, in fact less height gets you better ride quality any day. Discount of lac rupees is only on 1.6 currently. If its on 1.3 as well then it makes even more sense to buy S-cross over EcoSport as it becomes super VFM then, isn't it?
Yes, it's more VFM no doubt. I didn't find the build quality to be any good, felt typically Japanese, don't know what the official review says. And headroom is comparable to the City because for some reason they have jacked the seats up. Abs and dual airbags are nothing special, a five lac rupee Micra gets them. But I don't think that the Scross uses its length as an advantage because it doesn't have the road presence of the Ecosport and nor is it attractive to look at. The discount may seem to be good now but it means that it will be a flop car with not so good resale like the SX4.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:32   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Having recently booked an Ecosport AT, I was surprised and shocked at the sudden silent launch of the face lifted Ecosport!
For a moment I thought of shifting my booking to the face lifted variant however, on closer inspection of the brochure I realize that the only extra features / changes on the face lifted AT version are:
1. DRL
2. The new headlamps with so called signature lightguide

So paying 20k inr for just two additional features doesn't make sense at all, so have decided to stick with my existing pre-facelifted variant.
Don't think AT gets the non led DRL
Old 7th October 2015, 18:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Don't think AT gets the non led DRL
Yeah! Sorry! My bad!
But in any case, I really don't see any real value with the few added features! If Ford had upgraded the engine or the auto box I would've gladly gone for the new variant!
Old 7th October 2015, 18:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Yeah! Sorry! My bad!
But in any case, I really don't see any real value with the few added features! If Ford had upgraded the engine or the auto box I would've gladly gone for the new variant!
The changes the AT variant gets are the Light Guides in the Headlamps and more importantly the Push button start stop system. While the light guides are purely cosmetic, the push button start and the key-less entry feature that comes with it is a more practical addition for just 20k increase.

So if you have the option, I would recommend you moving your booking to the new version. Alternately, use it to your advantage and bargain for a much higher discount on the outgoing version.

I feel that unless Ford has lot of stock of the AT variants, you may actually end up getting the latest version.

Last edited by uday.ere : 7th October 2015 at 18:46.
uday.ere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
The changes the AT variant gets are the Light Guides in the Headlamps and more importantly the Push button start stop system. While the light guides are purely cosmetic, the push button start and the key-less entry feature that comes with it is a more practical addition for just 20k increase.

So if you have the option, I would recommend you moving your booking to the new version. Alternately, use it to your advantage and bargain for a much higher discount on the outgoing version.

I feel that unless Ford has lot of stock of the AT variants, you may actually end up getting the latest version.
Well, my car has already been allocated to me and the registration process has already begun. Anyways, with the type of requirements I have, the additional features make no difference.
Old 7th October 2015, 19:43   #29
BANNED

What is this non-LED DRL? Does it replace the fog lamps or is it a ring shaped DRL around the fog lamps?
Old 7th October 2015, 20:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thats a minor cosmetic facelift. Wonder what they have been testing on the Indian roads for so long.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-india-10.html

Price rise for AT is quite significant for hardly anything new.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks