Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 11:56   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Not taking sides but thought this information maybe useful here

Testers’ Note:

“I am very impressed by the S-Cross, it offers an excellent cabin with plenty of space too. In fact, there is nothing wrong with the crossover other than the design which feels a bit lacking. The fact that Renault isn’t giving us the international Duster facelift is something which puts me off and while I am tempted to the AWD model, the price is too high for a car which is sold under a low cost brand overseas. The EcoSport strikes all the right chords and does everything quite well without being as expensive, making it my pick among the three.” – Faisal Khan, Editor, MotorBeam.
“The S-Cross is one seriously impressive car and it looks to be a good replacement for my Swift. However the styling is a little bland to my taste as it is not very butch or muscular like the Duster or EcoSport with which it competes. Both the Ford and Renault have made a huge impact in the market but the Duster doesn’t do justice to its price tag in terms of quality or equipment. The EcoSport meanwhile offers more bang for the buck and would be my choice.” – Dr. Javeid Khan, Deputy Editor, MotorBeam.

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/07/car...arison-review/
dpkbehera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 12:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
All reviews including T-BHP felt S-cross is solidly built car, but you didn't find same way, strange. About road presence it depends purely on opinions. I found both EcoSport and S-cross at par in this case. EcoSport looks more sporty & cute like but S-cross looks sober and classy. When I first sat in EcoSport i was shocked to see space in rear bench. Its very less and fitting 3 adults there is big task. When one is buying car worth 10+ Lacs, I guess this is not acceptable at all. S-cross in comparison has much better rear space and 3 adults can sit easily.

Anyways, coming back to topic, I sincerely feel that ECoSport is no more value for money at all, in fact its costly for what it offers. Ford is clearly charging lot of premiuim here & looting people, not a good thing to do for long run.
If what you say is right about more back space in S-Cross, then I have one more reason not to like S-Cross, apart from totally boring and bland looks. I like cars to have all the space in front, since I drive myself and do not take back seat. I do not much bother about cramped rear. Actually I like rear cramped so that overall length of car is short, it looks sporty and does not end up looking like van. Besides, in my case, car is always 2-up and back seats are not occupied more than 3 or 4 times a year. So why bother about back seats. Actually, if you give me an Innova with all that rear space and 3 -rows, I will feel like I am driving a bus. I would have happily bought a 2-door coupe, if they had a good one. I think now with every family owning at least 1 or 2 cars, those days of cramming your car to capacity is almost over. Except yellow-plate vehicles, I see most car with 1 or 2 occupants. Shouldn't we worry more about ourselves (front space) rather than others seated in back? Now, here I'm talking about self-drive cars. For the chauffeur-driven, there are caaaars. So, I would happily buy an Ecosport then over S-Cross.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 13:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
On the topic of Sync, I was under the impression that Sync with AppLink uses different hardware compared to the vanilla Sync that we current owners have. However, I was surprised to see news reports from some years ago talking about Ford US offering a free upgrade from Sync to Sync with AppLink.
Today, my Ford Dashboard shows a SYNC™ Software Update available with the following changes:
This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current SYNC™ system:
Updated Bluetooth device connectivity
Improved system stability
Improved media player functionality
Enhanced voice recognition capabilities
Optimized for use with Apple iOS 6 for incoming text messaging

This update includes improvements from all previous SYNC™ updates such as flattened phone grammar, improvements in device indexing, text messaging capabilities with the implementation of message access profile (MAP), and more.
Did anyone else get this? Does this update include the new AppLink feature?
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 13:06   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

There comes the Maruti Crusader-Ford Slayer

Funny reading arguments on which is the more VFM option of two over priced hatchbacks
kiku007 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 13:26   #50
Team-BHP Support

Ecosport and S-Cross are not direct competitors. Maruti is readying the Vitara Brezza only for this purpose. Should be revealed during the auto expo.

I guess the comparisons and rivalry can hold on till then!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 14:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
This update includes improvements from all previous SYNC™ updates such as flattened phone grammar, improvements in device indexing, text messaging capabilities with the implementation of message access profile (MAP), and more.
[/i][/indent]Did anyone else get this? Does this update include the new AppLink feature?
I updated the same in my fiesta and the version states as 5.8. It has no visual change and menu change. But i noticed the following changes

1. It gives an announcement that using voice command is better than manual tweaking

2. Last version will announce that Emergency Assistance is set to OFF when you start the engine after the phone pairs. But now it keeps displaying for sometime that you have not paired your phone and Emergency Assistance is not set to ON. Also the Emergency Assistance is set to ON every time you have a paired phone

biggest grouse is the media player does not SHUFFLE songs , anyone noticed?

Sorry for going OT

Coming back to the Ecosport Update, I could see so many parts being shared with Fiesta. Ford is making good margins with so many common parts starting with the 1.5 TDCi. The Ecosport is priced to the roof as mentioned by KIKU007 and still selling in the market that clarifies why Creta sells too. Unless you have bunch of capable cars in the same segment you are the King and Gandhi keeps smiling.

Without getting in to S cross - Eco sport debate, one thing is for sure, gone are the days where people will buy anything that has a Maruti Badge. Though its the market leader with a share that is distance dream for other car manufacturers, Maruti is feeling the heat in not able to open up as block busters in box office.

Last edited by Self Driven : 8th October 2015 at 14:26. Reason: Missed the update
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:08   #52
BHPian

I see a lot of discussion going on about the 'Product' here, but is it only me or does anybody else feel that its kind of too ambitious/ desperate on Ford's part. I mean, seriously, 2 new gen products and a face lift in such short span isn't what we have seen from Ford in a long long time.

Can't help but wonder, why could they not keep a gap of like, 3 months between launches. This would not only have kept the footfalls coming, but also help keeping the brand fresh. Get the prospects coming and leave the rest of selling/ cross-selling to the sales teams. What are they planning after this initial euphoria dies down ? Is the Everest coming anytime soon ??

Ford is often blamed for step motherly treatment towards its products, Remember the favorite Eco sport and not-so-fortunate Fiesta. They could have focused all their marketing efforts on one launch at a time, built stronger campaigns, may be.

Will they be able to cater to this sudden spike of demand often seen with new products especially when they are as competitive as the Figo siblings and Eco sport ?

And lastly, what was the hurry with the Eco sport face lift. It was not even being anticipated at this point of time. Even the numbers didn't show any signs of aging, particularly seen when a new model is around the corner. It was doing good anyway, they could have simply waited till coming January at least and let the Figo siblings enjoy the festive season.
Old 8th October 2015, 15:17   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi29 View Post
I see a lot of discussion going on about the 'Product' here, but is it only me or does anybody else feel that its kind of too ambitious/ desperate on Ford's part.
Instead of competition within Ford, we should consider competition within a segment across companies.

Figo Aspire CS and Hatch are in a different segment altogether. There would be marginal cannibalization.

It is a pure Creta effect that Ecosport facelift got preponed. I mean even S Cross was getting more numbers than Ecosport. So this had to happen.

The advantage of having good products across segments is more than worrying about the marginal cannibalization.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
All reviews including T-BHP felt S-cross is solidly built car, but you didn't find same way, strange. About road presence it depends purely on opinions. I found both EcoSport and S-cross at par in this case. EcoSport looks more sporty & cute like but S-cross looks sober and classy. When I first sat in EcoSport i was shocked to see space in rear bench. Its very less and fitting 3 adults there is big task. When one is buying car worth 10+ Lacs, I guess this is not acceptable at all. S-cross in comparison has much better rear space and 3 adults can sit easily.
I own a City as well which is considered to be one of the most spacious cars you can buy in this price range and I found the Ecosport to be on par,don't know how you found it to be a " big task" to accommodate 3 people. It has less shoulder room but head room and leg room is pretty decent ( I'm 6'5 230 lbs if that makes a difference). If the Ford has less shoulder room then the Scross lacks headroom.
Since you are repeatedly referring to reviews I don't think that you've actually driven an Scross.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:44   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
The main change is increased power of the engine mate!! All others are just style factor only. And not to mention the gorgeous new colour.
So, for someone looking at an AT, there's really no substantive change except the new color (which I'm not a big fan of, by the way), right?
amreekan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 16:43   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amreekan View Post
So, for someone looking at an AT, there's really no substantive change except the new color (which I'm not a big fan of, by the way), right?
The new AT gets additional Push start/stop button which was not there in the older one.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th October 2015 at 17:19.
Old 8th October 2015, 18:42   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Actually I like rear cramped so that overall length of car is short, it looks sporty and does not end up looking like van. Besides, in my case, car is always 2-up and back seats are not occupied more than 3 or 4 times a year. So why bother about back seats.
I think now with every family owning at least 1 or 2 cars, those days of cramming your car to capacity is almost over. Shouldn't we worry more about ourselves (front space) rather than others seated in back? Now, here I'm talking about self-drive cars. For the chauffeur-driven, there are caaaars. So, I would happily buy an Ecosport then over S-Cross.
Seriously psagar! When a manufacturer specifies the seating capacity of a vehicle as X, they should do everything possible to make that as X as possible.

I'm not debating as to which car between the ones in comparison has better rear seating, but this is certainly an important consideration for many buyers.

PS: Mods, please do delete if you find this off-topic.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 19:45   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
If people are really interested in the pre-facelift vs post-facelift comparison in terms of what got added for each variant, I can have that posted tomorrow. Let me know.
That will be great if you can do it. It will help people make a choice till stocks last !!!
Old 8th October 2015, 20:21   #59
BANNED

My colleague just got the delivery of his EcoSport today (1.5L Ti-VCT - Trend Variant). I had stumbled upon this thread yesterday so informed him and stopped from proceeding to get the delivery as the details weren't out fully pertaining to Hyderabad (Read prices).

There is no option to get Trend+ with the 1.5L Petrol engine which isn't fair IMO as it is a good upgrade for customers who had chosen 1.5L Petrol Trend (Pre-facelift) as their first choice but wanted to upgrade to Trend+. At last after a lot of discussion and negotiation and many freebies, he took the delivery of the older variant (Trend in the 1.5L avatar).

The prices pertaining to Hyderabad are yet to be received. Only Delhi has been announced. They are slowly getting official information on the changes made. Deliveries should commence in 15-20 days. The newer lot is on the way and they are having 23 customers on hold due to this facelift launch.

Many are cross with Ford thanks to a Silent launch.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 20:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Many are cross with Ford thanks to a Silent launch.
I do not think that the dealers in Hyderabad are not privy to information about the facelift. The price list is uploaded on the website for all the regions. It may be true that the vehicles have not reached their stockyards but that should not prevent them for taking the bookings for the facelift . I think the main reason is that they want to clear the pending old stock with them before they take the new bookings. The "Brave One" who is fine with the old stock can get a great bargain by negotiating hard.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks