Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 14:28   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
The City, Vento and Sunny come with substantially more cabin and boot space than their respective hatchback versions and an 4M crossover like the Ecosport. The Ecosport is a good package but for a Million bucks the space it offers is a joke.
Then what about the Vento at 1.4 million and the Creta at 1.7 million? Or even the Duster at 1.5 million.

The Elite i20 is a million bucks as well as the Polo.

Plus the Ecosport is more spacious than it's full sized sedan, the Fiesta.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Then what about the Vento at 1.4 million and the Creta at 1.7 million? Or even the Duster at 1.5 million.

Very well said Vid. Some people just do not acknowledge good things their rival brand car has. A female friend of mine once said, "men are so hung up on badges". They fail to see past badges, no matter how lousy a car is, if it is our favorite badge then we go gaga over it and if it's not then we bad-mouth it. I think she has a point. Some of my male friends say when they are confused which car to buy, they ask their wives/GFs (non-automotive types) and they get unbiased opinions. Now since most of the women folk do not know much about things automotive, their best car vote generally means best looker. About a week back, I asked 8 female acquaintances to pick out best looking hatch, sedan and mini-SUV currently on sale and they picked Elite i20, City and Ecosport as their votes. They considered Verna close to City in looks and no, they didn't consider Swift a stunner. Not even Creta and that came as surprised to me. "Ecsoport is so cute, no?", they echoed.

Anyway, my point is when people complain of lack of space in Ecosport then it would be interesting to seek their opinion on cars like Polo and Elite i20, too, which cost a million rupees.
Old 9th October 2015, 15:41   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
More boot space yes but cabin room? No. I own a City like I mentioned before and we found the Ecosport to be more spacious. It's a lot more spacious than its " sedan " sibling, the Fiesta. City is 1.4 million bucks in some places.
With so much negativity going on when it comes to space, I'd like to mention that my family has three six footers and we take the Ford when we have to go somewhere and not the honda. How much more space do you need?
I'm surprised that you mention the Ecosport has more cabin space than the City. I always felt it's a 4 seater at max and the 3rd person in the rear seat was a squeeze.

Quote:

Are there any doubts that the Duster and Creta are overpriced?

May I ask which has more cabin space, Aspire or Ecosport?

My initial comment was related to arguments on which is more VFM, Ecosport or S-Cross. Both are clearly over priced. Ford was happy increasing it's price considerably in just under a year and S-Cross came with unrealistic pricing from the beginning.

Off late it's like touching a live wire to tell anything wrong about a car.
Old 9th October 2015, 16:01   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I'm surprised that you mention the Ecosport has more cabin space than the City. I always felt it's a 4 seater at max and the 3rd person in the rear seat was a squeeze.

My initial comment was related to arguments on which is more VFM, Ecosport or S-Cross. Both are clearly over priced. Ford was happy increasing it's price considerably in just under a year and S-Cross came with unrealistic pricing from the beginning.

Off late it's like touching a live wire to tell anything wrong about a car.
Ecosport does have more overall room than the Aspire.
And I don agree at all that they're overpriced just because they don't have to boot and if you think that they are overpriced, the so called sedans are even more overpriced.
Regarding space,like I said, the Ford has less shoulder room but I spot on in other areas. Likewise, the hatches with a boot less headroom so it's your personal preference.
Old 9th October 2015, 16:07   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Duster and Creta are surely overpriced as well for what they offer especially in terms of space vs price.

Your earlier point was comparing the full size sedans like City, Vento and Sunny vs the hatchback they are based on. The sedans had more interior space and boot space as you mentioned. That's why I mentioned Ecosport vs Fiesta because in this case the Ecosport had more space than the Fiesta.

Quote:
See this is an interesting point. The Aspire is more spacious. But this is more to do with the design.

If you want the soft roader looks then you loose out on that much space because of the bulkier design. Bigger wheel arches, longer hood and beefed up structure for the taller body will eat up space.

Compare the Creta with a Verna and Elantra. Both are more spacious at the back vs the Creta.

The Aspire on other hand has maximized the space only because of the design and space allows them to liberate more space.

In effect, if the rear legroom is important then the Aspire is the better bet. If you are ready to forego the rear legroom and want the 200mm ground clearance and the soft roader styling then the Ecosport is your choice or the S-cross now.

Quote:
This is what I mentioned yesterday night as well. This segment pricing is not making sense. For a lesser price you can get the Aspire vs the Ecosport or the Ciaz vs the S-cross or the Fluidic 4S verna vs the Creta.

Both Ecosport and Aspire are sub 4m with same 100Ps 1.5 diesel engine. Same for the S-cross 1.3 and the Ciaz. The Verna 1.6CRDI has the same engine as the Creta but is almost 3 lakhs more.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 16:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:

My initial comment was related to arguments on which is more VFM, Ecosport or S-Cross.
I see your point. The problem though is, VFM is such a vague and subjective term. What use is back seat space for my car whose only occupants are a seven year old and a small dog? Besides, even when just talking about space, it is really hard to compare two cars as there are simply too many factors, like seat height, depth, roof etc.
Old 9th October 2015, 16:28   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Adding the pre-facelift & post-facelift comparison below. Most of these are already covered in discussion in this thread and Vid's post also summarizes the same. However in chart way for easy reference.

Titanium Variant:
Attachment 1424838
Smart keyless entry and push button start were offered in the titanium version during launch, my 2013 Sep, Ecosport titanium have these.

These features were deleted later from the titanium versions and made exclusive for titanium+ variants
Old 9th October 2015, 16:49   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Ecosport does have more overall room than the Aspire.
And I don agree at all that they're overpriced just because they don't have to boot and if you think that they are overpriced, the so called sedans are even more overpriced.
Regarding space,like I said, the Ford has less shoulder room but I spot on in other areas. Likewise, the hatches with a boot less headroom so it's your personal preference.
Doge, that's where you are getting defensive. The Ecosport isn't spacious than City or even Aspire.

I've driven the Ecosport for over 1000 Kms and do know its strengths. It handles very with its height disadvantage. But you want to me to believe its more spacious than a City or Vento, not happening.

Like Vid has mentioned, this whole crossover segment pricing is confusing and I can only wish that a price correction happens. Instead with every new launch, the price is going north.

Quote:
Your earlier point was comparing the full size sedans like City, Vento and Sunny vs the hatchback they are based on. The sedans had more interior space and boot space as you mentioned. That's why I mentioned Ecosport vs Fiesta because in this case the Ecosport had more space than the Fiesta.
Agree Vid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I see your point. The problem though is, VFM is such a vague and subjective term. What use is back seat space for my car whose only occupants are a seven year old and a small dog? Besides, even when just talking about space, it is really hard to compare two cars as there are simply too many factors, like seat height, depth, roof etc.
Agree. That's why it was funny reading which is an VFM option in an overpriced segment

Last edited by kiku007 : 9th October 2015 at 17:00.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 17:00   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Doge, that's where you are getting defensive. The Ecosport isn't spacious than City or even Aspire. There's no point even arguing it.

Like Vid has mentioned, this whole crossover segment pricing is confusing and I can only wish that a price correction happens. Instead with every new launch, the price is going north
Well , I'm not getting defensive, just stating my opinion. The headroom in Aspire is appalling and the Honda City has poor front room. That's why we prefer to take t ford over Honda. Third person is a hard squeeze but we don't have any. The VFM factor is subjective, you may not find them a good value which is totally fine, you're criteria maybe different than mine.
I don't like to drive SUV's and am a fan of low cars but went for the ford because of its space, safety, engine and finally price.
No fanboy-isim here, if I had to get a car for just me, would have went with the Tjet. I guess I'll post an ownership review which will convey my point better.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 17:16   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Pricelist

Just recieved the Revised pricelist for bangalore from SA, I am more looking at AT version and I am pleasantly surprised the price hasn't gone up too much, will post the old one in sometime.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-1444391149575.jpg  

AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 17:29   #86
BHPian

Re: Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India

Why does one have to close the OVRMs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
Is power folding ORVMs ruled out this time also even in top trims? If it is the case,then IMO it is a big omission of a very practical feature.Auto headlamps,auto wipers and such feel-good gadgetry Ford is providing,but still one has to do the everyday job of opening and closing of the ORVMs manually! Quite incomprehensible,more so when the Aspire gets it!
Old 9th October 2015, 17:37   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pricelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Just recieved the Revised pricelist for bangalore from SA, I am more looking at AT version and I am pleasantly surprised the price hasn't gone up too much, will post the old one in sometime.
Off-topic, but how come the Fiesta is still listed in an October price-list? Is there still hope?
Old 9th October 2015, 18:47   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Why does one have to close the OVRMs ?
Because, there is no shortage of idiots in our country who feel free to mess with ORVMs while walking by or drive too close and damage them. It's also sometimes necessary to get out of jams on narrow lanes. Additionally, since the ones on the Ecosport higher variants are power adjustable and hence a much more expensive line item than manual ORVMs to replace, that is all the more reason for them to be folded.

Also, if you manually fold them, sometimes you forget to unfold (especially the left side) before starting off, and it can be a problem to open it again if you are driving alone.

So power folding ORVMs are a very handy feature to have.

Last edited by chncar : 9th October 2015 at 18:49.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 19:03   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
So power folding ORVMs are a very handy feature to have.
Agreed. They are very handy to have but there is a bigger downside. The folding mechanism results in the cost of the ORVM replacement being much higher. I am not trying to justify the absence of this feature.

For cars like the Altis the folding mechanism results in a single side ORVM costing Rs.14,500 to replace.

I don't know how much it costs with the Fiesta or the Hyundai's but if a 2 wheeler damages the internal folding mechanism it can be an expensive affair to fix.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 19:06   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed. They are very handy to have but there is a bigger downside. The folding mechanism results in the cost of the ORVM replacement being much higher. I am not trying to justify the absence of this feature.

For cars like the Altis the folding mechanism results in a single side ORVM costing Rs.14,500 to replace.

I don't know how much it costs with the Fiesta or the Hyundai's but if a 2 wheeler damages the internal folding mechanism it can be an expensive affair to fix.
I agree, but as I mentioned in my post I think the cost goes up when you move from manual to power-adjustable mirrors. I don't know how much of a delta power folding would be over just power adjustable, but for the higher end variants they are already paying a premium over manual, without getting the benefit of power folding.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks