Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 19:13   #91
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Looks like they have priced it well.

Can anyone check the Lifetime Road tax for this vehicle? I put the ex-showroom value Rs. 1,07,501 in another website and the Road tax payable came to ~154k. Not sure what the break-up is.
Old 9th October 2015, 19:15   #92
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I agree, but as I mentioned in my post I think the cost goes up when you move from manual to power-adjustable mirrors. I don't know how much of a delta power folding would be over just power adjustable, but for the higher end variants they are already paying a premium over manual, without getting the benefit of power folding.
Actually that's what I meant. A power adjustable mirror is cheaper than a Power adjustable + foldable mirror. The folding part is more complicated and increases the cost much more. I need to check the exact %.

I don't really miss it in the Ecosport and my Altis has it. The Altis one side folding already has issues and is very slow. Plus there are people who manually fold it in traffic to squeeze through and it gives out a very scary cracking sound when you open it back.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 20:58   #93
BHPian

Well I would humbly disagree with the Orvm power folding issue- for me the ability to close my mirrors at a touch of a button when the going gets tough in a tight traffic jam and reopen them is a convenience which I am not willing to compromise in my next car- I have it in my Cruze and don't have it in my ritz and santro and know the despair when I forget to open the passenger side orvm before sitting in the car. For me power folding mirrors with back view camera with sensors are essential points in my must have list of conveniences before car purchase!!!
drchernish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 21:15   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Well I would humbly disagree with the Orvm power folding issue- for me the ability to close my mirrors at a touch of a button when the going gets tough in a tight traffic jam and reopen them is a convenience which I am not willing to compromise in my next car- I have it in my Cruze and don't have it in my ritz and santro and know the despair when I forget to open the passenger side orvm before sitting in the car. For me power folding mirrors with back view camera with sensors are essential points in my must have list of conveniences before car purchase!!!
+1. It is indeed a huge convenience. My Scorp's ORVMs have several battle scars from wading through unruly traffic.

Just this morning, I was discussing it with my colleague, who uses this one feature quite often. We even wished in unison, the fold button was offered on the steering wheel rather than on the door - at least in India specific editions
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 22:10   #95
BHPian

I had to make a difficult choice today i.e. chose between Ecosport Titanium TDCI (PreFacelift) and Ecosport Trend Plus (Facelift). The Ecosport Trend Plus (Facelift) is cheaper by 42k. The feature wise comparison is mentioned below i.e.

Basically the battle was between features and lower power/torque. In the end the features won. I booked the Ecosport Titanium TDCI (PreFacelift) at a price marginally lower than the Ecosport Trend Plus (Facelift).I would like to thank arunphilip whose advice i sought via pm.However would like inputs from a wide audience whether my choice was right or not. My driving usage will be 80% city and 20% Highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-et.jpg  

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-etp.jpg  

dpkbehera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 00:11   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I had to make a difficult choice today i.e. chose between Ecosport Titanium TDCI (PreFacelift) and Ecosport Trend Plus (Facelift). The Ecosport Trend Plus (Facelift) is cheaper by 42k. The feature wise comparison is mentioned below i.e.

Basically the battle was between features and lower power/torque. In the end the features won. I booked the Ecosport Titanium TDCI (PreFacelift) at a price marginally lower than the Ecosport Trend Plus (Facelift).I would like to thank arunphilip whose advice i sought via pm.However would like inputs from a wide audience whether my choice was right or not. My driving usage will be 80% city and 20% Highway.
Congrats. Enjoy your car and have lots of happy & safe miles in it.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 15:47   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
Is power folding ORVMs ruled out this time also even in top trims? If it is the case,then IMO it is a big omission of a very practical feature.Auto headlamps,auto wipers and such feel-good gadgetry Ford is providing,but still one has to do the everyday job of opening and closing of the ORVMs manually! Quite incomprehensible,more so when the Aspire gets it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Why does one have to close the OVRMs ?
Reasons have been elaborated comprehensively by fellow BHPians.

Those amongst us who are not fortunate enough to travel through wide roads and sparse traffic during our regular commute or do not always have the luxury of parking our cars in well designated parking spots with healthy room between cars,do consider retractable ORVMs to be quite a nifty feature to have.Yes presence or absence of this feature is not a deal-breaker,but as I said when a manufacturer is offering features like auto-wipers and headlamps,which in any case can be controlled manually by just moving the hand a few inches to access the stalks or dials,is it too much to ask for when a customer wishes for a feature which will save him from reaching across the seats or going around to the other side of the car to open/close the ORVMs?

And I reiterate, if cheaper Aspire can get this feature,it can not be said that Ford omitted it in a more costly offering purely for the sake of protecting customers from higher replacement costs in future.Maybe there are some problems with implementing the mechanisms.

If I buy the Ecosport,I will probably overlook this small omission in view of other things it offers,but I may sometimes feel a wee bit let down when I will see an Aspire/Figo owner gracefully retracting the mirrors by the touch of a button before getting out of his car in a parking spot,more so if I have my wife on the passanger seat and while doing the job of folding my left ORVM if she asks incredulously "Are you sure there wasn't a higher model in which we could do it like that car?". I think we humans are inherently slaves to the means to get more and more conveniences. Maybe I,after getting used to auto wipers/lamps in my future cars, will not want to move my hand even 'a few inches' as I said above, anymore.

P.S.- Here is good old thread on this topic-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/99893-retractable-orvms-boon-burden-folding-them-manually.html
dragonov007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 19:58   #98
BHPian

I too changed my booking from Aspire 1.5D Titanium+ to facelifted Ecosport 1.5D Titanium+
Talk about cross shopping
Old 10th October 2015, 22:19   #99
BHPian

If the updated version had retractable OVRM, it would have been definitely good. For folks who are in Chennai, they must know about the service lane near Tidel Park. This is a two way road and is hardly 17 feet. Over 10000 IT professionals use this stretch and you can imagine the number of vehicles that you would come across.

Anyone using this road would definitely want to have auto fold feature.

As someone mentioned, still puzzled as to why they would omit this useful feature which is available in the Aspire.
Old 11th October 2015, 02:26   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Took a TD for ecosport AT variant today, and I am utterly disappointed by this car.the engine is lethargic and extremely unhappy to be revved. Sports mode is a farce as it just turns the car in manual mode.

Back seats are so hard and lacking thigh support, the display for speed and gears is so small, wow 10 lacs ex showroom for this. Except for the six airbag safety feature and a good seating position with good ground clearance, I rate my 4.5 year old Honda city better then this car. Maybe manual variant drives better but such a price tag for a wannabe SUV seems unjustified, specially since the Figo with same engine is priced 3 lacs cheaper ex showroom.

PS: these are my personal views and I mean no disrespect to any current or prospective owner, maybe Honda city has me spoilt.
Old 11th October 2015, 08:36   #101
BHPian

I was trying to understand the Ford Strategy of launching the "refresh" and the "facelift".
To my mind, Ford would have tried to get the "facelift" out but could not do it prior to 2016 due to some constraints. The facelift would include significant updates to engine,interiors,exteriors, suspension, NVH etc.
Hence they got out the "refresh" with minor updates to stem the competition. The main purpose was to introduce safety features from the mid variants and make it affordable. I think this is a great strategy and would get significant numbers. Ecosport is a great car and pricing was always an issue considering that it is a sub 4m SUV. Now it can get numbers from the compact sedan, premium hatchback and sedan segments.

Last edited by dpkbehera : 11th October 2015 at 08:39.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 08:45   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Except for the six airbag safety feature and a good seating position with good ground clearance, I rate my 4.5 year old Honda city better then this car. Maybe manual variant drives better but such a price tag for a wannabe SUV seems unjustified, specially since the Figo with same engine is priced 3 lacs cheaper ex showroom.
This is happening with the entire market these days. The Ecosport is now priced on par with S-cross and is no longer the VFM proposition it was.

Same with the Honda City. Based on comments here the new Honda City doesn't feel as well built as the older one. The new one doesn't feel like an upgrade vs the older one.

I have a 6 year old Corolla which was 14L on road. I can't even get a Honda City top end for that much now. The new Corolla at 22L is not a worthy upgrade.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 10:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Having recently booked an Ecosport AT, I was surprised and shocked at the sudden silent launch of the face lifted Ecosport!
For a moment I thought of shifting my booking to the face lifted variant however, on closer inspection of the brochure I realize that the only extra features / changes on the face lifted AT version are:
1. DRL
2. The new headlamps with so called signature lightguide

So paying 20k inr for just two additional features doesn't make sense at all, so have decided to stick with my existing pre-facelifted variant.
You might lose more than 20k when you sell the car later since it is a pre-facelift model. So better to switch if difference is only 20k.
Old 11th October 2015, 10:12   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
May be the demand is better so price rice is flying for them. Many people would have opted for Ecosport instead of the new Fiesta that failed miserably.
Not in the least surprising. The catchet and the perceived snob value & glamour of the term SUV among our country's yuppie car buying public - sublimely ignorant as they are about the larger & broader significance of the term - seems not to have escaped the overseas mfrs. And they are falling over themselves in their rush to climb on to this lucrative band-wagon, while laughing themselves silly all the way to the bank!

The vast majority of the entrants - the soft-roader/ cross-over FWD brigade - into this lucrative field are neither one thing nor the other! As someone aptly said, these are a just larger variety of hatchbacks-on-steroids. And the sublimely uncritical Indian buyer is lapping them up faster than they can be launched.

Just one thing - SUVs they are not, by any stretch of the imagination.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 10:42   #105
BHPian

Price difference between old and facelift ES

Regarding the price difference between old and facelift Ecosport:

I went to AVK ford showroom in Mumbai yesterday. The SA told me that they have lot of stock of older ES and are offering discounts. According to him, company is giving 15k cash discount and the dealer is giving an additional 10k discount. Further he said that the discount would increase if you show the money.

As for insurance, he himself said that you can buy it from outside as the 49k zero dep ford preferred insurance is overpriced (he would not allow that for Aspire or facelift ES).

So the overall price difference between old and facelift ES is following:
1. 35k OTR
2. 25k discount
3. 10k additional discount if you push hard
4. 25k for insurance
*These nos. are for diesel top end.

So a total difference of 95k . I believe 95k is too huge an amount to pay for the facelift ES. Also current model is ready delivery whereas the facelift ES delivery would start only in December. I can post the new ES price list for Mumbai if someone wants.
manish84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed