Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 23:50   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard

Ertiga always an excellent value for money product. I do see lots of positives in this facelift as follows:
  • SHVS
  • Good looking Alloys.
  • Safety features like airbags and ABS right from L+ variants.
  • Electric foldable ORVM.
  • First Automatic in this segment.
  • Smart Infotainment system.
  • Speculated third row split seats.
Grand Drive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 08:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Thank you to Anand Pandey for sending in these images. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with fellow enthusiasts! Maruti is expected to launch the updated Ertiga later this month.
Many thanks to both of you Tushar and Anand Pandey for bringing these pictures to us from the dealer stockyard. This shows that the Ertiga facelift launch is imminent and could be just round the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guess Maruti took a safe approach with the Ertiga facelift, considering there are so many other important releases for them this year.

Remains my pick from the mini MPV segment below the large Lodgy and Innova.
Absolutely agree. Maruti has not fiddled much with the already best selling MPV in its segment. They are more focussed on the Baleno launch and Ertiga facelift launch could be a non-event for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
Nice looking facelift. Maruti have done subtle work. But why oh why is the AC controls still from the 1950s? :(
Agree, the AC controls look too rudimentary. They had a good chance of sprucing it up, like its smaller sibblings (a la Dezire, Swift). Also it seems they have missed the opportunity of providing Auto Climate Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
First impression - the grille's so Fortuner-ish ? The top strip makes it look so. That's too much chrome for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Both the front chrome and rear chrome look yuck! Maruti should have done the following -

1. Introduced the chrome grill that the Eritga Anniversary/Celebration edition had. That was so much better
2. Introduced black interiors. The beige steering wheel is just awful. They could have at least made it as grey!!

How about improving the structural integrity? Is that improved in the facelift or is it only all about the chromes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Too much chrome in the grille. Not to my liking.

Instead Maruti could have changed interior colors to black or with wooden finish to give a new look, changed the look of AC vents. The new baleno AC vents are nice and trendy enough to feature in a facelift.
Indians love chrome, more chrome means more premium. I would anyday prefer factory fitted chrome garnishes rather than the aftermarket ones (like the recent radiator grills). I don't think there was any problem at all with the structural rigidity, so why the need for any change?

Baleno is a so called premium offering so can't really compare its interiors with that of the Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
The infotainment surely looks like an aftermarket accessory.

It is a bit strange as I assume the highest model will be very close to the more accomplished and plush car Ciaz in terms of pricing. As compared, Ertiga looks crude in terms of interiors. But guess no competition in the segment has increased it's pricing over a period of time.

Let's wait and watch if they increase the prices further with this launch.
There would be a marginal increase in prices, max upto 50K on road (as told to me by one of the Sales Exec). Since its direct competetors, Mobilio and Lodgy are priced at least 2-3 lacs higher, Maruti has got a good ground to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaranil View Post
Also does the Smart infotainment system include navigation as well. I am getting confused signals on this on various threads.
Yes it is the AVN, same as that in Ciaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I always thought facelift is all about improving the product based on customer feedback and try to be ahead of the competition. But now a days facelift is all about adding loads and loads of chrome with little or no little attention to improving the negative aspect of the car.

Talking about facelifted Ertiga, only positive I see from the pic is the alloy wheels. Its a neat looking design unlike the ugly wheels of S Cross .
I disagree with the first part of your comment. It is only after loads of feedback, Maruti has come up with the 50:50 split 3rd row seat, which according to me was the most substantial negative aspect of the car. Yes I agree, the alloy wheel design is good for a change. Need to check if the spare is also an alloy or a steel wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
MSIL went a bit overboard with the chrome on the exteriors while they have cut some corners on the interiors. If one notices, the chrome accents around the a/c vents are there only for the central ones above the infotainment but not for the far end vents. Although I wont promote usage of more chrome accents, but such skips just look inconsistent and out of place.

The infotainment system sure looks an after market insert. When MSIL is ready to spend for addition of Start/stop button, why leave those hideous old school turn knobs for ac. They should have atleast gone with turn dial (Figo/Hyundai 'esque) type of controls. The beige is a dirt magnet especially for the steering wheel.
I agree with all your comments and good observation on the AC vents. Turn dial (Figo/Hyundai 'esque) type of controls indeed look classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
We all are forgetting the split 3rd row (speculated) from this facelift which was one huge ask.

It certainly will make things more flexible than the outgoing model.

They have even made changes to the internals of the headlamps (read elsewhere) and if thats true, expect better throw as the OE of the current gen is not to expectations and demands an upgrade of bulbs.
Thanks Parag for highlighting the two negative aspects of the car being addressed in this facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
This can very well be called Ertiga Chrome Edition! I'm afraid one day we will be offered fully 'chromified' cars . Why did they leave the ORVM's? But those alloys for a change look good, hope the future launches will get alloys like these.
fully 'chromified' cars, ha ha, good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger_123 View Post
Being a current gen Ertiga owner the front looks absolutely ugly to me !!
The new looks will take some time to grow on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Is the beige more yellow now or is it the flash? That shade looks disgusting! An all black interior as an option at least will be very welcome.

I like the fact that the taillights have remained the same and not extended into the gate. No comments on the chrome!
I think it is the flash effect. Steering should have retained the same colour. A good steering cover now becomes a must have accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Ertiga always an excellent value for money product. I do see lots of positives in this facelift as follows:

SHVS
Good looking Alloys.
Safety features like airbags and ABS right from L+ variants.
Electric foldable ORVM.
First Automatic in this segment.
Smart Infotainment system.
Speculated third row split seats.
Spot on Grand Drive. There are definitely more positives than negatives in the facelift. We BHPians and habituated of dissecting any new car left and right and. Somewhere we get dragged too much in criticizng the negative aspects and overlook the positives.
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 09:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I don't think there was any problem at all with the structural rigidity, so why the need for any change?
Hello AutoIndian - It's an assumption that you are making. Knowing Maruti's track record on safety the "safer" assumption to make is to be pessimistic and then take a decision on buying instead of taking an optimistic assumption. We know that Swift, Ritz and Ertiga are all based on the same platform. And Swift failed NCAP terribly. So, I would assume that Ertiga wouldn't fare any different and wouldn't rule out structural compromises on the Ertiga. Happy to be proved wrong as I do think it's an intelligently packaged car by Maruti and it will be a shame if there are structural compromises on the Ertiga as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tests-too.html

Last edited by searacer932 : 15th October 2015 at 09:52. Reason: Typo corrected and few details added.
searacer932 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 09:58   #19
BHPian

Did I see a Beige steering again ? Common Maruti I have not met a single person praising this color. It gets dirty like hell. Don't know how much effort is required in changing the same to Black. As someone pointed earlier the car indeed looks to have too much of Chrome.

Goodies:
1. SHVS
2. Alloy Wheels are Nice better thank any other Maruti.
3. Safety features like airbags and ABS right from L+ variants.(Would have liked if it was mandatory)
4. Electric fold-able ORVM.
5. First Automatic in this segment.(Don't think top end Z series will have one.)
6. Smart Infotainment system.
7. Speculated third row split seats.
8. Reverse parking Sensor & Camera. (Absolute necessity for crowded parking spots)

Don't understand why the launch is getting delayed. Heard that the launch has been postponed to Oct 22 now.

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 15th October 2015 at 10:01.
Old 15th October 2015, 11:46   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Front - Grille and the Fog lamp casing
Rear - On the Tail Gate

What they have spared -
The ORVMs, Door Handles, Window linings

The Ertiga anniversary Edition did have a simple looking Chrome grille as below:
Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-marutiertigalimitededition2.jpg

Visually, the Ertiga always looked plain and will continue to. The side profile is maintained the way it was in the outgoing model. No changes there apart from the Alloys that look better this time from the usually boring MSIL design.

That said, I see that everything else remains the same in terms of interiors and exteriors. SVHS is the primary change that calls for a sticker below the Ertiga Monogram and if everyone else can market their own acronyms, why not the SVHS?

Beige Interiors are passe' now but somehow, I cannot digest the Ertiga with full black interiors. It feels brighter and perhaps bigger in beige that a dark color wont do justice. With a huge glass area all over, I can only imagine the heat inside after parking under that hot sun. May be the steering should have been spared but nothing else.

The other features like Auto Fold mirrors, Split 3rd Row, Additional 12v accessory socket, Start/Stop Button Airbags on the base variants are simpler and good to have additions in this facelift. When others are doing it, why can't they?

They have ensured to keep most of the elements the way it was and in the price bracket, it still is one of the most sought 5+2 Seater available in its class (Read again, I say Price Bracket). Even today, in the Mid Variant itself you get almost everything apart from Airbags (and few smaller features) which otherwise is not the case in General with Maruti.

This may not be a Great move my MSIL but at the same time, It is indeed not at all a wrong move with this facelift. There is nothing in particular with this facelift that folks will decide against buying.

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th October 2015 at 11:49.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 12:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

I was going through the feature list and pleasantly surprised to see the features for V variant. It has almost everything one wish for. It has Airbags, ABS, Music system (not touch screen one, but its ok), Electric folding mirrors, Steering mounted controls, Dual AC, Split seat for 3rd row, reverse parking sensors, etc. This makes V variant the most VFM without compromising on the safety. What one missses on is Alloy wheels (Can be fitted of own choice easily), driver seat heaight adjust, Touch screen infotainment system, start stop button, voice controls, etc. I guess Maruti will sell V variant the most and will be 70-75% of the total sales now. Better Maruti starts making Vxi & Vdi 4-5 K per month combined together. Hope they will price V model sensibly

Overall car looks good and will beat Mobilio hands down. Some chrome is looking not that good for sure. Not sure why they made some changes which are available in Export model. May be to keep costs in control.
aniketi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:02   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
  • SHVS
  • Good looking Alloys.
  • Safety features like airbags and ABS right from L+ variants.
  • Electric foldable ORVM.
  • First Automatic in this segment.
  • Smart Infotainment system.
  • Speculated third row split seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
8. Reverse parking Sensor & Camera. (Absolute necessity for crowded parking spots)
And the most important, a lower price! In all probability, the Ertiga SHVS will be priced lower just like the Ciaz SHVS (due to lower taxes from the Government).
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:07   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
And the most important, a lower price! In all probability, the Ertiga SHVS will be priced lower just like the Ciaz SHVS (due to lower taxes from the Government).
But since petrol model don't have shvs, its prices will be significantly higher, imo
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
@ GTO . Yes but I feel that the Z series models will be a tad expensive because of the addition of Touchscreen infotainment system and the Reverse Camera. V Series with (+) and the Z series without (+) looks to be absolute Value for money.

Off topic, Did we get any news about crash test, Safety,Structural integrity on Ertiga ? The reason for this query is because I am seriously considering Ertiga as my next vehicle.

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 15th October 2015 at 13:25.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:33   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
True that! For something that is consistently clocking 4-5K units every month, I highly doubt that Maruti will be stupid to price this wrongly. The sole reason it sold till now was due to sheer VFM tag it carried. There's no denying that.

I am hopeful that the new pricing for the facelift will never be disappointing. It is a tried, tested and a well acknowledged product after all.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Any update on the launch date? Maruti surely will not want to delay more till Diwali and want to cash the festive season. Already sales are down for last 2 months for Ertiga, Maruti will not keep it going for 3rd month as well. I guess pricing is the key here and Maruti must be studying market for the right price. They can't keep prices same as Airbags and ABS are made standard along with some other features. Give us best price
Old 15th October 2015, 15:57   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Aah. That face! Seriously? The best Maruti could come up with? Maybe they should have left it alone. The outgoing model looks so much better than this.

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-fish.jpg

But thank god, beauty (or the lack of it) isn't just skin deep. Good to see the SHVS making its way to Ertiga as well. With the kind of volumes MS does, if it gets big on the hybrid tech, net net it will still work out for the better. Lesser fuel to burn, lesser pollutants.
Dry Ice is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 18:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Ertiga facelift brochure leaked!

Thank you to Anand Pandey for sending in these images. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with fellow enthusiasts!

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-newertiga1.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-newertiga2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-newertiga3.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-newertiga4.jpg

Link to news article
S2!!! is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 19:02   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Nice Scoop.

Good to see safety features across all variants. Even a Driver Airbag in the base variant. Maruti finally seems to be focusing on safety with the top 4 Scross, Ciaz, Baleno and now Ertiga getting safety features as standard pretty much across the range.

Expected the Vxi to be short on features. But it does not miss much. Key things missing
  • Push Button Start - ZX+ only
  • AVN System (Can be added) - ZX+ Only
  • Driver Seat Adjustment (Really?? These should be standard)
  • Outside temperature Gauge
  • Rear Camera (Can be added) -ZX+ Only
  • Tweeters (Can be added)
  • Rear Wiper and Defogger (Again, this should be standard)
  • Alloys(Can be added)

So those looking for the AT Ertiga (available only in VXI) should not be too disappointed (Need to see the pricing though). So now we have a AT Petrol 7 Seater (leaving aside the 4 speed box).

No ACC is a little disappointing. LX/LX(O) misses pretty much all the features.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 15th October 2015 at 19:08.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 19:44   #30
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2015 at 11:53.
jigbarai is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed