Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 19:46   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
And the most important, a lower price! In all probability, the Ertiga SHVS will be priced lower just like the Ciaz SHVS (due to lower taxes from the Government).
I don't think so. It was the case with Ciaz since the SHVS version had the same features as the previous model barring the new engine. In the case of Ertiga, the new facelift has more features than the outgoing model (Start/Stop Button, Smart Screen infotainment, Electric folding mirrors etc). The savings from the SHVS could be offset by these additional features' cost. Hence, IMHO the facelift may be a few thousand bucks more expensive.
Old 15th October 2015, 20:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ertiga facelift brochure leaked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Thank you to Anand Pandey for sending in these images. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with fellow enthusiasts!
Thank you S2 and Anand Pandey for sharing the pictures of the official brochure. Could you please let us know what is the ARAI fuel efficiency quoted for the Ertiga diesel SHVS?
Old 15th October 2015, 20:34   #33
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Thanks a million for sharing this. Have booked a VDI and after seeing the brochure feel its the right decision with regards to my requirements, thanks again for sharing this valuable info and providing much needed clarity.

It is indeed very pleasing to see that Maruti is addressing safety requirements of customers very seriuosly and I am sure they will manage to deliver this excellent all around package at a very reasonable price fingers crossed.
Old 15th October 2015, 21:45   #34
BHPian

I am trying to find a car/SUV under Rs. 20 lakhs that has the following features.

1. Automatic Transmission
2. Hill Climb Assist
3. Reverse Camera integrated in the in-dash display

While the new Ertiga / Baleno are being offered with auto transmissions the way they have come up with the variants, there doesn't seem to be any variant with all the 3 features mentioned above.

Can any one point me to the right model / variant that offers all these three.
Old 15th October 2015, 23:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbraju View Post
I am trying to find a car/SUV under Rs. 20 lakhs that has the following features.

2. Hill Climb Assist
XUV 500 model - W10. The news is automatic is on cards and might be available soon. In addition to this you will also get AWD if you looking for one.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 00:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
XUV 500 model - W10. The news is automatic is on cards and might be available soon. In addition to this you will also get AWD if you looking for one.
Thanks TaurusAI

The only catch seems to be whether these features will be available in the automatic variant as is being currently done by Ford, Maruti et al i.e. stripping the automatic variant from some of the features that the top end variants have.
Old 16th October 2015, 00:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks TaurusAI

The only catch seems to be whether these features will be available in the automatic variant as is being currently done by Ford, Maruti et al i.e. stripping the automatic variant from some of the features that the top end variants have.
It will be 99.9% going by the Mahindra culture. Look at the Scorpio for instance. The AT currently is offered only in the top variant.

Scorpio is also not a bad option for you, ticks most of the boxes that you are looking for and is a tried and tested product.
Old 16th October 2015, 07:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
It will be 99.9% going by the Mahindra culture. Look at the Scorpio for instance. The AT currently is offered only in the top variant.

Scorpio is also not a bad option for you, ticks most of the boxes that you are looking for and is a tried and tested product.
Spot on.. Just yesterday I had a test drive of Scorpio S10. I was dissuaded from even thinking about the S8 variant, the reason being it has more "have nots" than "haves", when compared to S10.

The S8 does not have:
  • Height adjustable driver seat
  • Tyre Pressure Monitor
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Auto headlamps
  • Climate Control
  • GPS Navigation
  • Projector headlamps
  • Cornering lamps
  • Cruise Control
  • 6" touchscreen infotainment
  • Bluetooth
  • Steering mounted controls etc
The Sales exec was trying to convince me that just for additional 65K over the S8, you get all the above features in the S10.

A welcome move by Maruti to make the V*i and the Z*i variants almost fully loaded . All the necessary features, which one craves for have been included in the V variants and not just the Z*i+
Old 16th October 2015, 09:01   #39
BHPian

Any idea why Maruti still uses a primitive 4 speed AT box? Don't they have a better AT box? Would putting the AMT on their 5 speed manual not work better than the 4 speed AT box?
Old 16th October 2015, 09:28   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Any idea why Maruti still uses a primitive 4 speed AT box? Don't they have a better AT box? Would putting the AMT on their 5 speed manual not work better than the 4 speed AT box?
Since the 4 speed AT is available it is easy for them to plonk it. Saves time and costs hence they are sticking to the age-old technology similar to the 1.3L DDiS engine.

Getting the AMT bolted on the Ertiga will take them time as it hasn't featured in the 90PS engine yet. IIRC it is in a trial run with the Dzire (75PS). First the production of AMT boxes too must be solved by Magneti Marelli.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 09:38   #41
BHPian

This is a refreshing addition to the Ertiga ! Thanks a lot for the scoops. Also very encouraging to see Maruti offering dual airbags and ABS for most of its variants - right and responsible step.

During the Jazz TD here in Bangalore ( Whitefield Honda) 2 months ago, they were very limited in offering the TD for a stretch of only 3-4 kms and while i was driving the Jazz, an Ertiga overtook me and for a moment i was wondering what the OTR for Ertiga ZDi in Bangalore is ?, and to my pleasant surprise found it was just 20 - 30 k expensive than the Jazz , after the TD i forgot all that since i got busy with some traveling post that.

Now when i see the face lifted Ertiga, i cant help comparing it again with the Jazz ( yes they are in different categories - may be Mobilio is the best comparison, but my mind instinctively does the comparison only between Jazz and Ertiga , Mobilio is passe . So for almost around the same price what am i losing buying the Ertiga? - in fact , except for the H badge , i think everything else is a gain, Jazz is no hot hatch either). I just love what competition is subtly doing to everyone.

Last edited by The Observer : 16th October 2015 at 09:40. Reason: Corrected a mistake in spelling the Ertiga top variant.
The Observer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 11:19   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

2. Hill Climb Assist

While the new Ertiga / Baleno are being offered with auto transmissions the way they have come up with the variants, there doesn't seem to be any variant with all the 3 features mentioned above.

Can any one point me to the right model / variant that offers all these three.
Unfortunately there is no Maruti AT available with Hill Assist. The Ertiga and Baleno also do not have it. The AVN system and reverse cam can always be added, but Hill Assist cannot be added.

Going a bit OT: Mods, please move the post if needed.

I had compiled the list/features of all AT's under 20L in the below threads.

AT's Less than 10L

AT's between 10-17L

May help you in deciding. The best option you have is to get a Vento TSI/TDI DSG and add the Philadelphia 835 AVN System with reverse cam. This is the current set up on my Vento TSI and meets all 3 of your requirements.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 11:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Now when i see the face lifted Ertiga, i cant help comparing it again with the Jazz ( yes they are in different categories - may be Mobilio is the best comparison, but my mind instinctively does the comparison only between Jazz and Ertiga , Mobilio is passe . So for almost around the same price what am i losing buying the Ertiga? - in fact , except for the H badge , i think everything else is a gain, Jazz is no hot hatch either). I just love what competition is subtly doing to everyone.
I agree with your observation. Jazz and Ertiga look so very similar (shapewise). The Ertiga is however taller by couple of inches and longer by almost a feet. If Jazz has a very good interior packaging and space utilizattion, Ertiga has surpassed that and priced very competetively (even though it falls in the higher excise duty bracket). If only a bigger engine like the 1.5 litre oil burner of the Jazz (or bigger) was plonked in the Ertiga, it would have trumped the Jazz in every aspect.
Old 16th October 2015, 13:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

All the discussions are good, however when is the launch happening? Baleno launch is near and Maruti is still thinking of the ertiga facelift launch. When r they going to launch ? After Diwali ? Dussehra period is missed. Just to get good numbers for the launch of Baleno they are holding back Ertiga (but they both are different products).

Car is at dealers, two days given, 10th oct, and then 15th Oct has been missed. Not sure now what is the date given !
Old 16th October 2015, 15:10   #45
BHPian

Thanks for the scoop.
Good to see Dual Airbags and ABS being standard across all variants. (LXi(O)/LDi(O)).
I also liked the new alloy design. It is better than S-cross in my opinion.
Dual tone interior looks good but beige steering will surely be dirt magnet.
I feel Ertiga should have got 1.6L DDis engine option in ZDi+ variant. Although that would shoot up the price.

Will actual car be having Ertiga and Smart Hybrid branding on side profile? Or it is just on TD vehicle? IMHO, if it so, side branding is too much in this case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks