Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 20:16   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard

1L more for the automatic variant??? Isnt that too much of a difference when compared to the regular VXI variant? As buyers we are getting spoiled with too many options in this price range. Not that I am complaining about it. I am also considering the TUV300 T8 AMT version and will be watching the Ertiga VXI AT version closely. One of the most crucial deciding factors would be the ease of driving for my wife. I know both are completely different cars meant for different needs, but now with this AT version launch I am more confused.
Old 16th October 2015, 20:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

A quick comparo of the Hybrid and the pre-Hybrid variants, Delhi prices

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-variant-price-comparo.jpg

Max price difference is in the VDi variant, which is to the tune of 13K.

In this 13K you get:
  • Smart Hybrid Vehicle System
  • Front Dual Air Bags
  • Auto Folding Mirrors
  • Gear Shift Indicator
  • Electrically Foldable ORVMs
  • Split 3rd Row Seat
  • 2nd Row Accessory Socket
  • Rear Parking Sensors
  • 2 DIN MP3
  • Bluetooth Connetivity
  • Steering Mounted Audio/ Calling Control
Its not without a reason why Maruti is still "Numero Uno" in the Indian car market. I cannot remember any other manufacturer offering so many features in a facelift with miniscule price increase. All other players should learn a lesson or two from Maruti on how to bring value to the table. Kudos to Maruti
AutoIndian is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 20:42   #63
BHPian

That's gr8 news. I am now worried for Bangalore prices (with such high taxes). Anyone has Bangalore ex-showroom prices ?

I am ready to put my cheque tomorrow for ZDI+ if <10lac
Old 16th October 2015, 21:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

This Ertiga looks quite okay in the flesh - I saw many many such Ertigas in Indonesia (Bali). Its a bit Over the top but not sure it deserves some of the reactions on this thread.

Request - Folks, please wait to see it in person before (over) reacting.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 22:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

The ZDi+ is commanding a premium of Rs 42,818/- over the ZDi, which would make an on-road price difference of at least 50K. Now even after looking with a magnifying glass I could notice only three features mentioned below, which the ZDi misses over the ZDi+
  • Rear parking camera
  • Push Start with Smart Key
  • Touchscreen Audio with navigation
Let me know if I am missing any other things. The above three features are definitely not worth 50K. In that case does ZDi+ makes any sense over the ZDi?
Old 16th October 2015, 22:22   #66

One major problem I feel with Ertiga is the second row comfort. The seat back height is too low for anyone above 5'10 and the headrest is a huge discomfort. So no change to that? Wonder why no one else has mentioned this, is it just me?
Old 16th October 2015, 22:28   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
1L more for the automatic variant??? Isnt that too much of a difference when compared to the regular VXI variant? As buyers we are getting spoiled with too many options in this price range. Not that I am complaining about it. I am also considering the TUV300 T8 AMT version and will be watching the Ertiga VXI AT version closely. One of the most crucial deciding factors would be the ease of driving for my wife. I know both are completely different cars meant for different needs, but now with this AT version launch I am more confused.
The 1L premium is pretty standard from Maruti. Most of their AT variants have a 1L premium. Hyundai is slightly better. ~70K premium for the AT.

Understand your confusion. Two months back, we did not have an 7 seater AT. Now suddenly we have 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLife View Post
That's gr8 news. I am now worried for Bangalore prices (with such high taxes). Anyone has Bangalore ex-showroom prices ?

I am ready to put my cheque tomorrow for ZDI+ if <10lac
For the earlier Ertiga, what I could deduce was that there was a difference of ~30K between the Ex Showroom Delhi and Bangalore for the ZDi variant. With that logic, the new ZDI+ is ~ iNR 925,000 Ex Delhi, so should translate into a Bangalore Ex-Showroom of ~960,000. In any case it will be well under 10L Ex-Showroom, so the higher taxes will not apply. Guess we are looking at an OTR Bangalore of ~11.5-11.7L.
Old 16th October 2015, 22:30   #68
hnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The ZDi+ is commanding a premium of Rs 42,818/- over the ZDi, which would make an on-road price difference of at least 50K. Now even after looking with a magnifying glass I could notice only three features mentioned below, which the ZDi misses over the ZDi+
I agree with you on this. Rear parking camera can be fitted if one wants or one can be just fine with sensors. I personally do not care much about push start. For the third feature, I don't think it can be as good as Google Maps on my phone anyway. You pair your smartphone via Bluetooth and you have voice guided navigation (I have this with my Alto K10). So it's not worth the premium unless of we are missing out on listing down a major feature.

With "plus" not making sense to me personally, I'm now considering ZDI. But according to cardeko OTR of ZDI in Bangalore is whopping 1.8L more compared to ZXI! Now I'm seriously considering petrol since I can't break even on Diesel with my usage. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2015 at 23:39. Reason: Back to Back posts merged
Old 16th October 2015, 23:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

As per cardekho SHVS boosts fuel efficiency of the DDiS 200 by 18% to 24.52 kmpl. The petrol K14B engine has also been reworked and now offers 17.5 kmpl which is up by 9% from before.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 01:09   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ertiga launched at a starting price of Rs 5.99 lakhs. ( ex- Delhi)

The Ertiga becomes the only MPV in the segment to be offered with an automatic gearbox. It rivals the likes of the Honda Mobilio and Toyota Innova.

Zxi 785,561 Smart Hybrid Zdi 882,540
Thanks Volkman10. You were spot on with all the updates.
Surprised to see most unceremonious facelift launch from Maruti recently. Even the official site shows the old version.

Okay Good News is its price
Maruti if and only if you would have considered this while launching Scross then I wont have cancelled my booking.

Confusion: Petrol vs Diesel (Don't know I can confirm only after buying )

Question: The pics in other sites shows a GREY steering. Is it True for Indian vehicles ?

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 17th October 2015 at 01:15.
Old 17th October 2015, 08:20   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnp View Post
With "plus" not making sense to me personally, I'm now considering ZDI. But according to cardeko OTR of ZDI in Bangalore is whopping 1.8L more compared to ZXI! Now I'm seriously considering petrol since I can't break even on Diesel with my usage. Any thoughts on this?
I was in a similar dilemma. This is the quick math which I did:
  • Petrol ARAI mileage = 17.5 kmpl. Let's consider a realistic figure of 14. Mumbai Rate of Petrol = Approx 70 Rs/ltr.
  • Avg Running Cost = 70/14 =Rs 5 / km
  • Diesel ARAI Mileage = 24.5. Considering a realistic figure of 20.
  • Mumbai Diesel Rate = Approx 55/ltr
  • Avg Running Cost = 55/20 =Rs 2.75 / km

That's a saving of Rs 2.25/km.

In Mumbai the difference between Zxi and Zdi is Rs 1.5 lacs

To break even will have to drive approx 70,000 kms.

This is without even considering the potentially higher maintenance for diesel models and interest loss for upfront 1.5 lacs difference. If you add these to the maths the breakeven gets pushed up to something like 80,000 kms.

So realistically you start getting some savings because of diesel only after you have run the car for 80,000 kms.

I own a 2007 WagonR. In 8 years it has only run 72000 kms. And I intend to keep it for my daily city running.

So for me no way does a diesel make financial sense I am thinking the Bangalore figures are going to be very similar.

Quote:
  • Rear parking camera
  • Push Start with Smart Key
  • Touchscreen Audio with navigation
Let me know if I am missing any other things. The above three features are definitely not worth 50K. In that case does ZDi+ makes any sense over the ZDi?
@AutoIndian, it's only that. Look at this variant build up on the other thread. It is a picture from the sales training manual that all sales guys have received.

Also, I see you are from Pune. According to CarDekho, difference between Zxi and Zxi+ is even more, to the tune of 70k. Definitely, makes no financial sense.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th October 2015 at 08:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
hemanshughia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 08:57   #72
BHPian

So Now,

Zxi+ - Rs. 8,42,572/-
then
Zxi+ Automatic - Rs. 9,42,572/- (considering one lac rupee premium for automatic)

This was not a bad pricing at all for a fully loaded 7 seater mpv LUVer.

IMO Zxi+ Automatic would have a lot of takers, including me. Wondering why Maruti did this.

But after this one bad news, the pricing has been a sweet surprise. 3 cheers for Maruti for offering more car for around almost the same price range.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 17th October 2015 at 08:59.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 09:32   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the premium for ZDI+ looks to be on the higher side. But compare this pricing with the previous ZDI model, you will realize that for around 55K you get lot of features. This way you can convince yourself for ZDi+

Any day, I will prefer manufacturer fitted accessory.
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 10:32   #74
BANNED

I have put up a small comparison regarding the prices between the older version and the newer one.

Hope it helps prospective buyers decide what variant they need.

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-untitled.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 11:13   #75
BHPian

Pretty disappointed to see, charging a 1 Lakh Premium for almost a transmission that is nearly a decade and half old. Correct me if i am wrong, are they still sourcing the 4-speed from Jatco? I know from experience here in UAE, that 4 speed is pretty noisy, it runs out of steam quite quickly, and don't expect any great power surge on a full load. The application was a little better in the Ciaz though, which is also available here. They can easily slash the price by about 40-50k, if they really wanted to.

Most Viewed