Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 13:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Liva: Dual-tone limited edition launched

Link: http://www.toyotabharat.com/news/dist/2015/Oct-15.aspx

Quote:
Attractively priced at Rs. 5.76 lakhs (petrol variant) and Rs. 6.79 lakhs (diesel variant), ex-showroom Delhi, the New Liva will be on sale from this festive season.

Toyota Kirloskar Motor today announced the launch of the stylish, dual toned and feature loaded new Liva. Features include Rear Roof Spoiler, Black Grille & ORVM (Outside Rear View Mirror) to complement its overall looks.

-Stylish Dual Tone Painted Contrast Roof & Pillar -A direct factory build and the 1st in its segment by any manufacturer.
-15 Inch Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels for Bold Look.
-New Wood Finish Interior with Bluetooth Audio & New Dual Tone Seat Fabric for enhanced Interior Ambience.
Toyota Liva: Dual-tone limited edition launched-2015toyotalivadualcolours.jpg

Toyota Liva: Dual-tone limited edition launched-2015toyotalivaredspecialedition.jpg

Toyota Liva: Dual-tone limited edition launched-2015toyotalivaspecialeditiondashboard.jpg
sidindica is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 13:41   #2
BHPian

re: Toyota Liva: Dual-tone limited edition launched

I was expecting another funny limited edition from toyota just like the recent Swift "Gory" edition from Maruti. But this one infact, looks good to me!!
Old 16th October 2015, 13:45   #3
BHPian

The dual tone paint looks good. Especially the red color with black roof and pillars. However the vehicle itself having bland looks, the changes does not look significant. On road it might look like a stripped down version of Etios Cross.
Old 16th October 2015, 13:53   #4
BHPian

The perfect vehicle for masochist owners. Looks great from the outside and presents a nice view for those on the road any anybody outside the vehicle. Looks horrible from the inside, where the owner will spend most of his/her time staring at that hideous dashboard!

Last edited by chncar : 16th October 2015 at 13:54.
chncar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 19:55   #5
BHPian

This looks quite ugly IMO and the only good thing seems to be those alloys. Not sure why Toyota doesn't change the interiors first rather than playing with exteriors . That front grill seems to be very similar to Verito except for the smile curve in Liva.

Last edited by GTO : 17th October 2015 at 12:06. Reason: Typos
rahulba is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th October 2015, 23:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Everything was good till I looked at that single arm wiper; and the interiors. Screams budget from all angles!!

Two things Toyota

1. Please stop calling the roof sticker, a "feature". Its not!!
2. Please focus your energy on bringing a new generation than wasting money & resources on these twins. Let it be for the taxi market.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 00:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

If the post with most no. of thanks to go by, Toyota should get an idea as to how much excitement and not to mention actual sales it will generate on T-BHP.
Old 17th October 2015, 12:16   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Liva: Dual-tone limited edition launched

Black roofs look awesome, but that's when only the roof is black. Toyota has messed it up by making the entire top half black .

So tasteless. I can assure you this dual-tone Liva will look awful in person.

This is what they should have done:
Toyota Liva: Dual-tone limited edition launched-gto_3m006.jpg

Toyota tried to copy Mini, but the effect is nowhere near the same :

Only two mod jobs had some taste from the house of Toyota, in the two decades it's spent in India. One was this...

...and the other was this:

The guy who choose the dual-tone combination for the Liva is perhaps the same guy who designed the dreadful Innova facelift grill:
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 09:42   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this Ad in Today's TOI.

Toyota Liva: Dual-tone limited edition launched-21_03_2016_022_021.jpg

Leaving aside the subject of how it looks and also the subject of whether it is a feature worth advertising...I was surprised at how openly they give false information on Ads.
They say that a black roof is a segment first!

The 2013 Fiat Punto Sports 93PS came with a black roof.

Of course the sales of the Punto was very less, but that doesn't make the Liva's roof a segment first!
The not-so-good black top half is a segment first however
Old 6th September 2016, 16:08   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone has information if this model is still in production or stopped for the new refresh Liva?

My friend booked a dual tone limited edition petrol red & black model from Nippon Toyota Thrissur Kerala. Booking was done in July 2nd week and delivery was promised within 10 days.

After multiple excuses from the dealer, my friend raise a complaint with Toyota customer care in end of Aug, about 1.5 months after booking.

Past raising the complaint, now the dealer says that the variant is discontinued and he will have to opt for any other variant.

Though, it is understandable on a variant or model getting discontinued when a new refresh model comes up. My friend is bit pissed off at the dealer had kept on giving wrong promises.

He been asking the dealer to mention in mail that the model was discontinued, which they are not ready to. Toyota customer care redirects his query to the dealer who is only keen on closing the complaint in 3 working without any resolution.

On asking for the money back from the dealer after cancellation, they are saying to check the new refresh varient.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th September 2016 at 19:16. Reason: Spell-check.
Old 6th September 2016, 16:24   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Anyone has information if this model is still in production or stopped for the new refresh Liva?
On asking for the money back from the dealer after cancellation, they are saying to check the new refresh variant.

I think it is still there. I read in other forums that few people have taken deliveries quite recently in Maharashtra and Bihar.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th September 2016 at 19:15. Reason: Quote size edited.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 16:49   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last week, I saw a brand new Liva in dual-tone red-black on temp plates in my locality in Hyderabad. I could be wrong and this car could be an old stock but the car looked shiny and new.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 18:19   #13
BHPian

Quote:
My brother picked up a diesel variant in the same dual shades on first of Sep, in B'lore. It was manufactured in Aug. The booking was done in the last week of Aug.

They also had a couple of petrol variants in the stockyard, again manufactured in Aug.

With the rumored facelift coming in, not surprising that the limited edition is discontinued. Anyways, its supposed to be limited
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 23:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Saw one today on the road with temporary plates. Seemed better than on paper to me.

Toyota Liva: Dual-tone limited edition launched-img_20160926_094017.jpg

Last edited by thoma : 26th September 2016 at 23:30.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 00:29   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Saw one today on the road with temporary plates. Seemed better than on paper to me...
Kerala seems to lap up this variant than other states. Had seen a couple of Red / Black Livas on my last trip to Kerala and they looked decent.

These look better as it hides the boring design to some extent and provide a bit of 'flair' from the bland feel of the Liva. I have said it before, the Etios Cross looks MUCH better than the standard version. All these have to do with the boring base design of Liva.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks