Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 18:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
This is India, so believe it. Don't get upset if this sells more than the other one which is launched today
For those who cry about the usage of abbreviations such as RS, GT on underpowered engines - Guys please think about this:
Even if Maruti (or any other manufacturer) increase the BHP by another 50 (or 100), will that really matter (or justify the tag) as long as you are not racing?
We all find it hilarious to see the Altos, Zens stickered as Ferrari, right? This is just a manufacturer approved version of that!
We have all seen cars with exterior mod jobs, with all kinds of stickers about WRC on cars such as Chevy Beat, Swift, Lancer etc. While some find it gorgeous, some find it outright funny, however good the mod job is!

What Maruti & other manufacturers are trying to do is, to capitalize on the love that many have on these labels and some of the most common mod jobs. Common men do not generally do mod jobs for their cars, however, would buy modded looking cars from manufacturer if available at the time of purchase. This is what Maruti is trying to do here. Those who have seen Honda Citys running modified with wings can now buy Ciaz with wings, directly from manufacturer.
hybridpetrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 18:54   #17
BHPian

So I was searching for some interior pics of the Ciaz 'RS' and came upon this report from IAB dated 26th March'15 that Suzuki Motor Thailand displayed the Suzuki Ciaz ‘Aero’ version. This version is akin to the sportier variant that Maruti Suzuki is reported to be working on, dubbed the Ciaz RS/Ciaz Sports.

Hope its the same as Ciaz RS which launched in India today.

Some pics from there. Looks good IMO.
Wish they had named it just 'Aero' instead. They went overboard by naming it 'RS'.

SOURCE
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-suzukiciazaeroatthe2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-suzukiciazaerofrontseatsatthe2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678-1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-suzukiciazaeroinfotainmentatthe2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-suzukiciazaerofrontatthe2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-suzukiciazaerofrontthreequarterleftatthe2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-suzukiciazaerorearthreequarteratthe2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-suzukiciazaerorearthreequarterrightatthe2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678-1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-suzukiciazaerorearspoileratthe2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

Last edited by Sherlocked : 19th October 2015 at 18:58.
Sherlocked is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 19:01   #18
BHPian

You hate it, do you? You don't like the idea of a rear wing that serves no purpose? Or a body kit that acts with zero aerodynamic intent?

Well, we have got good news for you.

This Diwali, we shall launch the Stingray edition. STINGRAYY! Like the one that killed Steve. This is a special Japanese Stingray edition. We are giving personalized Kanji lettering in the front windshield free for each buyer along with one kilo of chrome to apply wherever you wish. Engine cover chrome? Sure. How about your indicator stalks in chrome? Absolutely. Free chrome carpets? We got them waiting for you!

Hurry, book now!

- Yours Sincerely,
Maruti Suzuki

Disclaimer - we do not entertain any questions regarding the relevance between Stingrays and chrome. All such questions shall be referred to the Marine wildlife department.
Mad Max is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 19:50   #19
BHPian

So Maruti Suzuki has decided to make ricer versions of their cars now?

Seriously, why does a 91 BHP FWD car need a spoiler?

And what the Ciaz does need is the 1.6 from the S Cross. Not a pointless body kit.
Old 19th October 2015, 19:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

IMHO i like the looks of the car save perhaps the spolier. Yes 91 bhp does not justify the RS tag whatever that is suppose to mean but apart from the improper naming i find little fault in the car. If it comes with ABS and airbags it's seems like decent option in it's segment.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 20:30   #21
BHPian

Being an auto enthusiasts forum, it is understandable that we get disappointed on seeing such namesake RS versions. But i feel we are being a bit harsh in calling MS all kinds of names etc. Plonking a fully imported block like 1.6 might not be practically feasible as it would increase price by a couple of lakhs or so, even if MS decides to price it super sensibly. Then, there might be some more additional costs on upgraded brakes, suspension and other components to handle all that extra power and weight. Frankly speaking, what would be the sales potential of such high priced variant next to a normal 1.3 ciaz? Can we really blame MS for not putting such extra efforts when the sales potential is so doubtful. This atleast is looking good with skirting and all and i believe a good number of customers might be tempted to go for it by paying a bit extra. Coming to the RS tag, latest that comes to my mind is mobilio RS and we all know what it is.
sasi@8689 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 20:53   #22
BANNED

Thank Maruti because they have at least given an all black interiors. They could have called it anything other RS. This wouldn't have got all the brick bats if the launch was a day earlier, bad lack Maruti. It's agonising to see two different meanings of Sporty versions being launched on the same day .
Old 19th October 2015, 21:42   #23
BHPian

For people who are familiar with Kizashi(yes the Suzuki), the design of the kit evokes similar emotions of a kizashi on diet(yes the beefy kizashi with massive proportion vis a vis this malnourished baby on a skeletal frame). Just my observation.

It is also typical of maruti to call cosmetic make up as an 'upgrade'. When can we see something actually revolutionary when you talk about racing kits on a maruti. Actually it is very usual for Indians to get famished by a body makeover.

I bet a better spec in the form of an engine upgrade and other features will definitely create mass appeal for this variant.
Old 19th October 2015, 22:24   #24
BHPian

Are we sure this is offered in the AT version? The initial posts seems to suggest the same. While I agree that the spoiler has definitely spoilt the look I would not mind considering it of AT came in Zx+ variant
Old 19th October 2015, 22:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Maruti, you lowered the IQ of Indians a little bit again.
That badge is reserved by car manufacturers for some real performance upgrades but MSIL has gone against the tide and broken the general belief of what RS means.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what is the business case for a new variant when you can fix all these as accessories to any variant ?
Old 19th October 2015, 23:09   #26
Team-BHP Support

Such extreme reactions on the thread!

It's a special edition which has toned down body kit, a spoiler and black interiors. I don't see much wrong with the product other than the fact that Maruti has used the RS badge.

But I don't see the same sarcasm when Honda is selling a regular variant of the Mobilio people carrier as the RS. And Hyundai selling low end variants of their cars as Sportz.

And we don't see this sarcasm translating to enthusiasm either. And the ones that actually sell performance variants have little market share, even on the forum.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th October 2015 at 23:21.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 23:24   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

It's a special edition which has toned down body kit, a spoiler and black interiors. I don't see much wrong with the product other than the fact that Maruti has used the RS badge.

But I don't see the same sarcasm when Honda is selling a regular variant of the Mobilio people carrier as the RS. And Hyundai selling low end variants of their cars as Sportz.

And we don't see this enthusiasm translating to enthusiasm either. And the ones that actually sell performance variants have little market share, even on the forum.
Well Maruti needs to be shamed here in this forum. Why? For the kind of numero uno postion, market share and profits they command, can't they allocate some funds for the enthusiast to make something closer to an Polo TSi or Punto Abarth? If a certain FIAT and VW can push for such models why can't Maruti? Nobody is asking them to abandon their larger agenda of making profits. These are like, drop in the ocean spends for Maruti.

Look what they did with the S-Cross 1.6L Diesel? Did they have to over price it so much? The new Baleno with sub 100 BHP engines. Is to too much to ask for more Power? Why so greedy Maruti?

I was appalled to see Maruti run a TVC for the stickered Swift variant.

Last edited by kiku007 : 19th October 2015 at 23:25.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 23:41   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I was appalled to see Maruti run a TVC for the stickered Swift variant.
I'm totally with you on the Swift Glory Edition. To me, it felt like a fake attempt to get some attention away from the Abarth. Can't think of anyone here who would buy one.

But the Ciaz RS might interest a lot of people. Black interiors for instance are a welcome change. And the kit is not too wild even including the spoiler. No sticker jobs too, which is a surprise from Maruti.

To me, it feels like this RS doesn't deserve such heavy sarcasm except on the badge. And even there, Maruti is not a bigger culprit than other Asian brands. Constructive criticism yes, but not the kind of comments in the initial page of the thread.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 23:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:

And we don't see this sarcasm translating to enthusiasm either. And the ones that actually sell performance variants have little market share, even on the forum.
+1 to that. Maruti seems to be the favorite punching bag for a lot of folks. Hyundai increased the prices of Creta by 25 K without adding any feature, just 2 months after launch, and little to no outrage on that.

It is certainly one's prerogative to not like what has been launched, but the reactions here are definitely extreme.
mustang_shelby is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 00:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
But the Ciaz RS might interest a lot of people. Black interiors for instance are a welcome change. And the kit is not too wild even including the spoiler. No sticker jobs too, which is a surprise from Maruti.

To me, it feels like this RS doesn't deserve such heavy sarcasm except on the badge. And even there, Maruti is not a bigger culprit than other Asian brands. Constructive criticism yes, but not the kind of comments in the initial page of the thread.
Agreed. This one doesn't look half as bad as the Swift variants that Maruti keeps churning out. If at all I was in the market for a new Ciaz, I'd buy this one just for the all black interiors.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks