Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/169416-maruti-suzuki-launches-ciaz-rs-rs-9-20-lakh.html)

Maruti Suzuki has announced the introduction of Ciaz RS in India.

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-22112688409_6620becc58_k.jpg

The RS is nothing but a regular Ciaz sedan with a body kit. There is a front under spoiler, side under spoiler, boot lid spoiler and rear underbody spoiler. The interiors of the car are black with a grey chrome finish instrument panel.

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-22310069761_621bab1791_k.jpg

The Ciaz RS offers all the features of the Z+ trim level of the Ciaz. These include the SmartPlay infotainment system, dual airbags and ABS among others.

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-21676768904_13fe7d7f5c_k.jpg

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-22112681229_872788ac42_k.jpg

The car is available with a choice of two engines:

1.4-litre, 4-cylinder petrol, 91 BHP @ 6,000 rpm, 130 Nm @ 4,000 rpm, 5-speed MT / 4-speed AT

1.3-litre, 4-cylinder SHVS diesel, 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm, 200 Nm @ 1,750 rpm, 5-speed MT

The Ciaz RS is available in a choice of seven colours – Pearl Snow White, Pearl Metallic Dignity Brown, Pearl Sangria Red, Metallic Silky Silver, Metallic Glistening Gray, Pearl Midnight Black, Metallic Clear Beige.

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):

Typical of Maruti, do they think RS stands for "Rally Sport" or "Ricer S**t" :Frustrati
Instead of the stupid body kit, a sports suspension and a little bump in power would have justified the RS badge.

That wing looks hideous like an aftermarket mod job!

Instead of that large aeroplane wing a lip spoiler would have been a better choice.

If they want to call it RS, they should do something to justify that. Not just a body kit. They may as well have called it the Ciaz 'Glory' Edition like they did for the swift.

Plonk the 1.6 320DDIS into the Ciaz, adjust the suspension, do other needed adjustments and then call it Ciaz RS. In any case the S Cross 320DDIS is struggling to sell. The ZDI+ is 10.1L and the Honda City VX(O) is 11.91L. That is almost 2 L difference. Even if you consider the premium of the 320DDIS, they could have still priced it close to the City. Definitely feasible IMO.

And that too on the day Fiat launches the Abarth Punto.:Frustrati

Nothing Extra Ordinary from Maruti, after Swift Glory (Gory may have suited better) Ciaz gets a shot at being Sporty :Frustrati

No wonder, none of the volume sellers care about launching a real performance car as such fake ones gets lapped up neatly in the market.

It doesn't look half as bad as their recent attempts of making swift faster using stickers:deadhorse. At least they should have given it the 1.6l diesel mill from S-cross before using RS in the name.

I can't believe that.

Today is surely a historical day for enthusiasts in Indian Automobile history where not one but two Sports cars are launched.

I am sure this will "blow away" the other competitor's launch just with the addition of two golden letters "RS", other mods be damned.

I am on my way to book one maybe in 2115.

The rear spoiler looks so pathetic that Maruti should fire the people whoever came up with an idea of these thing on a car. Like seriously, stop ruining your product portfolios with junk like this.

Like they say, rather than giving rubbish, you rather not give anything at all.

Stiffer suspension, a drop of 20mm and the already existing M16a engine would have made this perfect and worthy of an RS badge.

That said, it is nice to see an "RS" Maruti that is offered in the top-end variant with all the bells and whistles with no garish stickers :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carwatcher (Post 3829186)
I can't believe that.

Today is surely a historical day for enthusiasts in Indian Automobile history where not one but two Sports cars are launched.

I am sure this will "blow away" the other competitor's launch just with the addition of two golden letters "RS", other mods be damned.

I am on my way to book one maybe in 2115.

This is India, so believe it. Don't get upset if this sells more than the other one which is launched today :D

In India people are more interested in 'Kitna deti hai' and not in 'Kitna bhagti hai'. I won't blame people here, its in our genes only.

I bet most of the prospective buyers won't be aware of the meaning of RS.

Should've been more popular has Maruti launched it as KS edition.

Not K**a Su**a but 'Kitne Spoiler' edition.

Yes I agree the name 'RS' really doesn't suit this special edition but guys we have to give it to Maruti for providing all black interiors to this car. :thumbs up

Though yet to see the interior pics of Ciaz but black sure does look classy and sporty than its beige counterparts.

My neighbour who recently purchased a Honda City says he would have picked up the Ciaz anyday over City provided the interior color was something other than Beige.
So not so good news for my neighbor here. :D

The only thing I like here is that Maruti is experimenting a lot these days and that I believe is good news for the industry. When the leader tries out stuff, others tend to follow suit. Not that I like this car's exteriors at all (interiors might decent in black if international versions are to be believed) but would be great if moving forward I could choose the interior color combination and other customization in my mass-market car.

Come on guys, don't you know the full form of the famous Maruti editions?

RS: for the Really Stupid person Edition.

GLORY: for the Generally Ludicrously Outlandish & Ridiculously Yahoo person Edition.

ONAM: Only Numb-nuts & Asinine Morons will buy this edition.

Give them credit where it's due!

Seriously though, what kind of a numpty gives a car like the Ciaz an RS badge:Shockked:. I mean, who is the target customer? Some seth-ji who likes to be driven around flashing spoilers all over the car? Who are they trying to target? And, who is ever going to buy something like this! :Frustrati

Pathetic attempt!! Just a kit & call it RS! The Swift Glory edition looked far better. The spoiler is one of the worst. Ciaz is just an OK looking sedan, why try to make it look worse! But then both Maruti & Toyota seem to be fighting for that 'trophy'.