Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Audi launches S5 Sportback in India at Rs. 62.95 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This was exactly my hunch on the pricing. What exactly is the standard equipment??

The B&O itself would be an expensive add on.

I remember when I got my RS5 it had options worth 10 Lakhs and I had no option but to take it as it was preconfigured by the dealer. The Base RS5 was so basic that it did not even have a sunroof or MMI high.
In my post above, the information taken from Audi India website, says the B&O sound system is a standard. At least that's what I understood of it.
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
This was exactly my hunch on the pricing. What exactly is the standard equipment??

The B&O itself would be an expensive add on.

I remember when I got my RS5 it had options worth 10 Lakhs and I had no option but to take it as it was preconfigured by the dealer. The Base RS5 was so basic that it did not even have a sunroof or MMI high.
True that.
The Representative I spoke to had no proper idea due to festivities,he'll be giving me full details today.
From what I know almost all dealerships are getting a Misano Red S5 with all the bells and whistles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
The more options are added, the more the price blows up by. I just understood that it's much cheaper to get a basic or middle variant of a vehicle and then just add after market items like ICE or leather.

B&O is alright but an after market ICE tuned and installed right will sound better for the same money.

Only issue, most owners won't be willing to tear up their brand new rides for an after market install.

What matters in the S5 most is it's Quattro and super charged engine, everything else is secondary.

It's a shame Audi stopped the S4 in India, I believe it was almost identical to the S5 mechanically. It would have been a cheaper Quattro with supercharged engine if still available.
This is how VAG makes money with Porsche being the money cow with their exorbitent Options Pricing.
I believe even the S4 had the same pricing strategy but sadly they stopped selling those.
Even aftermarket options in India from reputable European Brands are equally expensive as the OEM Options.
With this pricing the 530d still wins the trophy.

Last edited by #enzowho : 23rd October 2015 at 13:22.
#enzowho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:53   #18
BHPian

Well priced for sure, but I cannot help but imagine that just a few years back you could get your hands on this exact same engine in the S4 (same state of tune too) which costed ~42 Lakhs ex-showroom. That one was really well equipped too if I'm not wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Audi has officially launched the S5 Sportback in India @ 62.95 L (ex-showroom, Delhi / Mumbai).

The S5 Sportback has 5-doors and coupe-like styling. It has a single-frame grille with an S5 badge and a platinum grey insert with horizontal slats. The air inlets on the bumper have a honeycomb grille with dual chrome trim and angular fog lights and the exterior mirror housings have an aluminium look. The car has V6 T badging on the front fenders and and the sill moldings are painted in the same colour as the body. At the rear, there is a quad exhaust system.

The cabin of the S5 Sportback is black with brushed aluminium insterts. It features a leather-covered, 3-spoke, multifunction, flat-bottomed sport steering wheel, aluminium-look gearshift paddles, Alcantara upholstery and optional S sport seats in the front with S5 embossing and electric seat adjustment.

The S5 Sportback is equipped with Audi Drive Select, which regulates the power steering, engine management, automatic transmission and automatic air conditioning system depending upon the selected mode - Comfort, Auto, Dynamic, Efficiency and Individual. The car also has an infotainment system with MMI Navigation Plus, 7-inch display, 505 Watt Bang & Olufsen audio system with 14 speakers and 10-channel amplifier and DVD playback with 5.1 surround sound.

Safety and security features include eight airbags, rear centre armrest equipped with a first-aid storage kit, anti-theft wheel bolts with a rotation ring and code key and a reverse parking camera.

The S5 Sportback is powered by a supercharged 3.0-litre, V6 TFSI petrol engine that puts out 329 BHP @ 5,500-6,500 rpm and 440 Nm of torque @ 2,900-5,300 rpm. The engine is coupled to a 7-speed S tronic® dual-clutch automatic transmission and a Quattro all-wheel drive system. Audi claims that the car can sprint from 0 to 100 kph in 5.1 seconds and reach an electronically governed top speed of 250 km/h. The car also has an auto engine start/stop system.
Am I the only one who finds the omission of adaptive dampers quite shocking? I think a car of this character demands it, I'm sure the international versions get those. Possible reason for this attractive price I suppose?

This is definitely going to pull buyers from the CLA 45 AMG. I've driven the 3.0 T supercharged engine in the A6 when it was initially launched. Boy its a hoot to drive loved the sound of the V6. I hope its only louder in the S5, maybe a bit of the supercharger whine thrown in as well.

One can only wonder what the used market will be like if cars like these gain a little bit of traction in our market. We could actually see proper sports cars in the 30-35L range for a low-mileage car and that my friends will be an awesome time to be alive. #AccheDin
n:CorE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:19   #19
PPS
Senior - BHPian

From Top Gear India.

Audi launches S5 Sportback in India at Rs. 62.95 lakh-12029556_1003289156389230_266849237573794338_o.jpg
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 19:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
\
Am I the only one who finds the omission of adaptive dampers quite shocking? I think a car of this character demands it, I'm sure the international versions get those. Possible reason for this attractive price I suppose?
I hope its only louder in the S5, maybe a bit of the supercharger whine thrown in as well.
The Adaptive dampers are present as Standard in the Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
In my post above, the information taken from Audi India website, says the B&O sound system is a standard. At least that's what I understood of it.
Yes, The B&O is Standard and to my knowledge it isn't quite as good as its supposed to based on its reputation, it's even present on the A4 as Standard.

Otherwise to say, it's a beautifully packaged car for an affordable price tag to be honest as it isn't a great pricing.

Needless to say just put down as deposit for the car along with a deposit for the 530d this evening provided I get a car with a colour of my choice as all the dealers have been sent only red ones which is quit loud for my taste.

Will take a decision by tomorrow when if I get an allocation.
Old 23rd October 2015, 19:22   #21
VSD
BHPian

I went to the Audi Gurgaon Dealership yesterday and saw the S5 on display. IMO it's not that good looking in person either, the side profile is just not complete. I think the coupe body would've been a better option for sure and would also give you an edge in styling over the other options. Maybe they got this body style so it doesn't affect the TT sales in anyway. They had some special Audi exclusive shade of grey, I didn't like it much and definitely not for the price they ask for these options.

The interior is good with alcantara bits here and there, which are standard along with many options, and yes the B&O is standard which is a good move by Audi. Interior was standard affair, nothing out of the usual (it all works great, so why fiddle) and only the steering wheel reminds you that you bought an S-version.

The car overall feels good but I'll still wait to drive one and check if it can really justify the S-badge. Will be driving one next week and going to pit it against my ride too (the audi sales guy has been after me that this will kill the CLA45) I guess we'll see that

From the first look, my opinion would be-
It has a V6, so there's lots of aftermarket upgrade options readily available.
Many standard features so one will miss opting for some extras.
It looks ok -ish (should've got the coupe Audi)
Interior needs to feel more sporty (feels like A4 in there)
It sounds ok -ish (IPE's are required asap)

P.S- Attaching a spec sheet of the car which was on display, and if you do go for the options, you can be ripped off easily. The exclusive is definitely not worth it.

Audi launches S5 Sportback in India at Rs. 62.95 lakh-img_0686.jpg

Last edited by VSD : 23rd October 2015 at 19:27.
VSD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:09   #22
Team-BHP Support

Thanks , VSD . It appears most features are standard , did you got chance to negotiate on Prices ? I know its too early for something launched only last week but I am sure Audi must have factored this and Dealers have only little patience these days specially given the Year end we are approaching , I understand most of premium dealerships have lot of Hold back based on numbers. Do share your feedback after ride , it will be great to have feedback who has 530in past and drive AMG presently

A quick look at calculations on Costs does confirm that Audi has priced this very aggressively , have a look

Volvo XC90 - EX Price - INR Rs 65 Lac , Assessable Value Rs 15,5 Lac

Audi S 5 - Ex Price Rs 62 Lac , Assessable Value Rs 20 Lac +

Mercedes SLK 350 - Ex Price Rs 72 Lac , Assessable Value 15 Lac

So AUDI definitely looks to be very competitive if we factor 200 % + Duties
Attached Thumbnails
Audi launches S5 Sportback in India at Rs. 62.95 lakh-screen-shot-20151023-8.24.41-pm.png  

Audi launches S5 Sportback in India at Rs. 62.95 lakh-screen-shot-20151023-8.24.16-pm.png  

Audi launches S5 Sportback in India at Rs. 62.95 lakh-screen-shot-20151023-8.30.52-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd October 2015 at 20:34.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks , VSD . It appears most features are standard , did you got chance to negotiate on Prices ?
They are negotiating only on the Insurance which is Rs 3,51,000.
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:53   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They are negotiating only on the Insurance which is Rs 3,51,000
That looks totally wrong , I paid around Rs 95 K for 530 D last Year for Ex-Showroom value of 54 Lac, it should not be more than 1,10 L surely
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 00:30   #25
BHPian

At that price i think i would go for the Audi TT instead. They certainly need to update the interiors of the S5 and make it look like the new Audi's. The interiors look just like that of the current A4 sold in india. They need to introduce their new interior designs of the current TT or the upcoming A4/Q7.
nishchal316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 03:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
That looks totally wrong , I paid around Rs 95 K for 530 D last Year for Ex-Showroom value of 54 Lac, it should not be more than 1,10 L surely
It was 1,74,000 when I booked the 530D yesterday.
It was my first argument since they essentially cost the same.
Since Audi dealerships have a monopoly in my state and it's neighbouring state I guess there's hardly anything one can do about it to negotiate.
Old 24th October 2015, 04:07   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
It was 1,74,000 when I booked the 530D yesterday.
It was my first argument since they essentially cost the same.
Since Audi dealerships have a monopoly in my state and it's neighbouring state I guess there's hardly anything one can do about it to negotiate.
You are getting a raw deal on insurance. I paid less than that for my S350 insurance with zero dep from Tata AIG. I haven't ever taken insurance from the dealership and going through my own agents to get it which has saved me almost 50% on dealers quotes.

Moreover, try and transfer NCB if any from your other cars to the new one and saving is substantial.
All dealers try to force customers to get insurance from them but it's not mandatory and can be haggled out to get it on your own.

What made you pick the 530d over the S5?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 04:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
You are getting a raw deal on insurance. I paid less than that for my S350 insurance with zero dep from Tata AIG. I haven't ever taken insurance from the dealership and going through my own agents to get it which has saved me almost 50% on dealers quotes.

Moreover, try and transfer NCB if any from your other cars to the new one and saving is substantial.
All dealers try to force customers to get insurance from them but it's not mandatory and can be haggled out to get it on your own.

What made you pick the 530d over the S5?
Haven't really bothered too much with negotiations as of now and I'd like to go with Bajaj Allianze which I use for alley cars.

I still haven't picked it.
Paid a deposit for both.
Heart says 530D but based on how the deal goes with Audi I'd choose one.
My actual choice was the S6 but they stopped taking orders for those.
Need a subtle car for college use

Last edited by #enzowho : 24th October 2015 at 04:32.
Old 24th October 2015, 08:20   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Need a subtle car for college use
Again , 1,73 is wrong for 530-D as well it should be less than 1 lac , do check with someone else , normally dealerships have no issues if you get insurance on your own in case they can't match or come close

Coming to college use - did you checked any options to add some sports exhaust to S5 ? I am sure there should be some aftermarket / Audi stuff , hope your friends likes a noise making machine ,perhaps this can be a reason over 530-D

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th October 2015 at 08:22.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 09:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Again , 1,73 is wrong for 530-D as well it should be less than 1 lac , do check with someone else , normally dealerships have no issues if you get insurance on your own in case they can't match or come close

Coming to college use - did you checked any options to add some sports exhaust to S5 ? I am sure there should be some aftermarket / Audi stuff , hope your friends likes a noise making machine ,perhaps this can be a reason over 530-D
I'll check on the Insurance part, I believe it's time I should get my insurance from outside and save some monies.
Is it less than a lakh including BMW Secure?
If I go with the BMW I'd be adding a ton of retrofit options

Well I want a silent one at most when cruising when I use it to not attract any attention and this car would be to satisfy my needs of a drivers car as the other cars I use are mostly on the other side of the world.
My friends would call it an unpleasant noise cause no one is an enthusiast and it's a Medical College.

Last edited by #enzowho : 24th October 2015 at 09:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks