Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2015, 10:51   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi launches S5 Sportback in India at Rs. 62.95 lakh

Quote:
Is it less than a lakh including BMW Secure?
First Year secure is Free from BMW , next year it should be around same as basic Insurance , there are 3 versions - have a look - I recently paid Rs 2,2 lac for re-insurance of my 7 series with Secure with 20 % NCB

Quote:
If I go with the BMW I'd be adding a ton of retrofit options
Looks you are sold out on BMW - well I can say with all of my experience - go-ahead - 530D is a blast - just negotiate good discounts which will help you at time of re-sales in case you decide to change later on . I have heard close to 10 L being passed on the cars sitting on inventories but if your local dealer does not have one then expect around 5-6 lac .
Attached Thumbnails
Audi launches S5 Sportback in India at Rs. 62.95 lakh-screen-shot-20151024-10.50.08-am.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th October 2015 at 10:55.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 12:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

First Year secure is Free from BMW , next year it should be around same as basic Insurance , there are 3 versions - have a look - I recently paid Rs 2,2 lac for re-insurance of my 7 series with Secure with 20 % NCB

Looks you are sold out on BMW - well I can say with all of my experience - go-ahead - 530D is a blast - just negotiate good discounts which will help you at time of re-sales in case you decide to change later on . I have heard close to 10 L being passed on the cars sitting on inventories but if your local dealer does not have one then expect around 5-6 lac .
They are ready to give max of 1.5 lacs off on the car:dead horse
Will take the final decision after my final round of discussion with Audi today.
Old 24th October 2015, 14:21   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They are ready to give max of 1.5 lacs off on the car
what , 1,5 lac on 530-D - you are being taken for a sweet ride - don't buy this .Tell you will buy from some other dealer and in case they don't bill to your local address you will make complain to statuary authorities like CCI . To support better take an offer fro Delhi / Mumbai address at any known local address - once you have final pro forma ask them to bill to your address where you need this . Believe me this will work .

If you don't want to get into such things and instead buy at MRP - stick with Audi - that's most VFM of you have to buy at List Price .
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 19:12   #34
BHPian

Saw on here in Pune on the road, from the front could easily pass off as an Audi A4. It was when i saw the rear that i realized it was an s5. It was a red coloured car but I feel that the 530 M-sport beats this in the looks category hands down.
yash2424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 21:44   #35
BHPian

As long as you don't load it with options, the S5 is an amazing deal at 63L. I'm not sure how much the S4's ex-showroom was before it was discontinued but hope it was high enough to justify replacing it with this. At least the coupe body would have set it apart.

I'm thinking A6 3.0 TFSI, bigger, cheaper, slightly slower, looks as ordinary, is a better package. I'm not sure how the dynamics compare.
fre2bpowerless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 13:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
As long as you don't load it with options, the S5 is an amazing deal at 63L. I'm not sure how much the S4's ex-showroom was before it was discontinued but hope it was high enough to justify replacing it with this. At least the coupe body would have set it apart.

I'm thinking A6 3.0 TFSI, bigger, cheaper, slightly slower, looks as ordinary, is a better package. I'm not sure how the dynamics compare.
As of now they do not have any cars with that price tag and they aren't willing to let one spec a car of their own and they are pushing me towards the ones they have in stock which command an ex showroom between 70 to 76 lakh with no colour choice other than red.
The A6 is only available with the 2.0 engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
what , 1,5 lac on 530-D - you are being taken for a sweet ride - don't buy this .Tell you will buy from some other dealer and in case they don't bill to your local address you will make complain to statuary authorities like CCI . To support better take an offer fro Delhi / Mumbai address at any known local address - once you have final pro forma ask them to bill to your address where you need this . Believe me this will work .

If you don't want to get into such things and instead buy at MRP - stick with Audi - that's most VFM of you have to buy at List Price .
Will definitely look into it.
Will make the final call tomorrow based on colour availability of the S5
Old 25th October 2015, 18:00   #37
BHPian

BMW F30 320d M Sport's replacement - F10 530d with MPPK and KW Street Comfort or Stock Audi S5

Hi guys,

So I'm planning to upgrade my power kitted F30 320d which was with me since the last two years. Pretty satisfied with the car as it never disappointed me and is equipped with a bunch of add ons including a better Euro spec suspension and M sport anti anti roll bars but now I'm looking for something meaner both aesthetically and performance wise.

Requirements are pretty simple, should be a 4+ seater strictly and 6cyl. Fast, good looking (subjective, yes but want your opinions) and under 75L. Have shortlisted two options, the F10 530d M Sport and the newly launched Audi S5. Really confused between both the cars. Never used an Audi as a daily driver before and have been a loyal BMW fan. Audi S5 sounds like a sweet option but I'm not sure how the overall "fun" factor be in comparsion to the RWD 530d. I'm one of those guys who really enjoys sliding the tail at a U-Turn or sharp corners which I'm really not willing to give up for a little more power but the S5 on the other hand is a PETROL, and for the matter of fact I'm cribbing to own a high performance petrol car since ages. If I get the 530 I'll be putting the power kit and KW street comfort suspension along with M5 front bumper and fenders within the first month of the delivery however the S5 will likely to stay stock, maybe a remap few months down the line. The point is it's but obvious that the S5 will be fast but practically can it be as FUN as the 530 with all the upgrades?
Old 25th October 2015, 18:15   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW F30 320d M Sport's replacement - F10 530d with MPPK and KW Street Comfort or Stock Audi S5

Firstly the stock 530d will be supremely fun, why directly mod it ? IMO buy the car get to know the car for a few months and then think of power enhancements after you are bored of it. Any any way the stock 530d will be much faster than the MPPK'd 320d which you had. Also cosmetically the front number of the 530d M-Sport is very similar to the M5 so i think you can avoid that mod too and spend that money on switching to tubeless tyres (I'm sure there will be an buyback available for your OE run flats in aftermarket stores) Coming to the suspension, you mentioned its going to be a daily driver, again it can be done at a later stage if need be to further improve the stance.

Coming to the Audi S5, it is indeed a special car at that price and do note its a CBU. Also i don't see you doing intercity runs much or nor do you come for drives with us in our German car Group so you don't need a good fuel range (530 diesel has a good range) hence " petrol fuel quality" you will never have to worry about as I assume you would be more running around in the city and doing Bandra Worli Sea Link runs and doing photoshoots. Also speaking of photoshoots IMO the BMW is indeed a a very handsome looking car BUT there are many around (though i dare say the 530d is common) so the S5 will win the photoshoot trophy mainly because of its exclusivity and will capture much attention for you

Fun Factor ?

530d stock itself is fun, real FUN. But, with the kind of mods you have in mind it will be unstoppable.

Regarding the S5, it is controlled fun and you will never feel on the edge. Also obviously no RWD tail happiness like the 530d. But grip, straight line etc will be phenomenal.

All the best

Last edited by karan561 : 25th October 2015 at 18:36.
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 18:42   #39
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW F30 320d M Sport's replacement - F10 530d with MPPK and KW Street Comfort or Stock Audi S5

You can forget any tail sliding or an involving drive with the S5. It'll be quick, and with a map it'll be properly fast (faster than any 530d can get) but it will be an uninvolving drive compared to the Bimmer.

So the 530d would be more fun, especially with a power kit or a box like G-power or Hartge.

But the S5 will never have traction issues and won't let you slide.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th October 2015 at 18:44.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 22:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Hi guys,

Have shortlisted two options, the F10 530d M Sport and the newly launched Audi S5. Really confused between both the cars. Never used an Audi as a daily driver before and have been a loyal BMW fan.
I am in the same boat since the last couple of days and having put down a deposit for both the cars; I have finally decided to go with the BMW.
It's a no brainer.
You can add a Steinbauer or a Hartage box for more power and there's tons of retrofit options for the 530D.
While with the S5 theres nothing much apart from an ECU tune or an Exhaust Change.
Driving dynamics are on the opposite ends with one being fun and unforgiving while the other sticks to the road like a leach thanks to the Quattro.
Feature wise the BMW has more options than the S5 and the S5 looks dated with its interior.
Ultimately it's a choice you to have to choose between a high revving petrol engine vs a Torque Monster diesel Engine.
#enzowho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 00:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Would'nt going from the 3 series to 5 series be a bit boring?

Sorry if this is OT Mods. Tried to PM you. Your limit is exceeded.

Are you selling your current car?

If yes, are you selling it with the performance mods? Because if not, I would like to buy them from you .

Well there's a catch here. We 3 series owners dont really like the 5 series and at times feel much superior when we see a 520d but BMW's 6 cyl engines are on a league of its own. Just cant compare with a 4 pot. The stock suspension, however is certainly boring that's why I planned something for it even before buying the car. And I have cleared the inbox bro you can send me a PM and let me know what you're looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Firstly the stock 530d will be supremely fun, why directly mod it ? IMO buy the car get to know the car for a few months and then think of power enhancements after you are bored of it. Any any way the stock 530d will be much faster than the MPPK'd 320d which you had. Also cosmetically the front number of the 530d M-Sport is very similar to the M5 so i think you can avoid that mod too and spend that money on switching to tubeless tyres (I'm sure there will be an buyback available for your OE run flats in aftermarket stores) Coming to the suspension, you mentioned its going to be a daily driver, again it can be done at a later stage if need be to further improve the stance.

Coming to the Audi S5, it is indeed a special car at that price and do note its a CBU. Also i don't see you doing intercity runs much or nor do you come for drives with us in our German car Group so you don't need a good fuel range (530 diesel has a good range) hence " petrol fuel quality" you will never have to worry about as I assume you would be more running around in the city and doing Bandra Worli Sea Link runs and doing photoshoots. Also speaking of photoshoots IMO the BMW is indeed a a very handsome looking car BUT there are many around (though i dare say the 530d is common) so the S5 will win the photoshoot trophy mainly because of its exclusivity and will capture much attention for you

Fun Factor ?

530d stock itself is fun, real FUN. But, with the kind of mods you have in mind it will be unstoppable.

Regarding the S5, it is controlled fun and you will never feel on the edge. Also obviously no RWD tail happiness like the 530d. But grip, straight line etc will be phenomenal.

All the best
Haha bro you have picked on me even better than Arnab picks on newshour I'm certainly left speechless you just summed up the entire scenario up However I'll certainly try and make it for as many DDT drives as possible in future Coming back to the car, I planned the mods early coz the suspension is a BIG disappointment in comparison to my F30's euro spec so even if we leave everything for later on I think if I get the 530 I'll do the suspension first. The only reason for considering the S5 was even though the tail happiness of a RWD car is getting sacrificed I think there are tons of mod option which can almost bring it close to the M3 category so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
You can forget any tail sliding or an involving drive with the S5. It'll be quick, and with a map it'll be properly fast (faster than any 530d can get) but it will be an uninvolving drive compared to the Bimmer.

So the 530d would be more fun, especially with a power kit or a box like G-power or Hartge.

But the S5 will never have traction issues and won't let you slide.
Pardon my ignorance but nothing similar to DSC on the S5? :P What's the best that can be done on the 530d performance wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
I am in the same boat since the last couple of days and having put down a deposit for both the cars; I have finally decided to go with the BMW.
It's a no brainer.
You can add a Steinbauer or a Hartage box for more power and there's tons of retrofit options for the 530D.
While with the S5 theres nothing much apart from an ECU tune or an Exhaust Change.
Driving dynamics are on the opposite ends with one being fun and unforgiving while the other sticks to the road like a leach thanks to the Quattro.
Feature wise the BMW has more options than the S5 and the S5 looks dated with its interior.
Ultimately it's a choice you to have to choose between a high revving petrol engine vs a Torque Monster diesel Engine.
High revving petrol engine vs a torque monster RWD that's the dilemma. When you say 'lots of retrofit options' what all stuffs are we talking about?
Old 26th October 2015, 10:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post

But its not sold anymore is it?
Old 26th October 2015, 18:24   #43
BHPian

Quote:
High revving petrol engine vs a torque monster RWD that's the dilemma. When you say 'lots of retrofit options' what all stuffs are we talking about?
Look up on some of the Bimmer forums,you'll get a fair idea.
In short there are various cosmetic mods available both OEM and Aftermarket not to mention those sweet carbon fibre stuff, for performance there's tuning boxes, suspension setups for better handling, brake upgrades , aftermarket exhausts like supersprint, interior and equipment retrofits from OEM itself and quite more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
No,they stopped selling long back even before the 3.0 TDI was axed.
Old 26th October 2015, 23:51   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Haha bro you have picked on me even better than Arnab picks on newshour I'm certainly left speechless you just summed up the entire scenario up However I'll certainly try and make it for as many DDT drives as possible in future

Well, hope u took that as positive criticism.

All the best for your buy decision
Old 27th October 2015, 15:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Didn't know that.

Most Viewed