Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 17:22   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Have you tried filling fuel from a different pump?

Also take your LC out one day, just give it the beans for a couple of mins. Stay at higher revs in 2nd or 3rd gear for 15-20 seconds. After all this see if black smoke is still emitted while cruising. If at all you should see only a little puff during hard acceleration or when the gear shifts down.

Stupid question - You are using regular diesel right, not the so called premium diesels (not even sure if they are still available)?

Yes I've tried filling from different pumps. Now I'm an expert at checking for black smoke, as I can see it in the left side rear view mirror. So I keep checking after getting full tanks till they're almost in reserve.

You're right, there should only be a little puff during hard acceleration or when the gear shifts down and not clouds of smoke. Will try what you suggested and get back to you.

I've also tried both regular diesel and premium diesel and didn't see any difference at all, filling regular only. Should I try diesel fuel additive as well?
Old 4th October 2016, 20:08   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser 200 at 1.29 crore

Quote:
Now I'm an expert at checking for black smoke, as I can see it in the left side rear view mirror
That's bad if you can actually see black smoke in rear view on a new LC. It's very hard to convince Toyota guys from my experience, maybe just the way Toyota trains them not to fiddle with factory set components. I checked with my friend here who owns 2014 model Year, but he has not experienced anything, perhaps no one notices unless someone is specifically checking.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 22:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That's bad if you can actually see black smoke in rear view on a new LC. It's very hard to convince Toyota guys from my experience, maybe just the way Toyota trains them not to fiddle with factory set components. I checked with my friend here who owns 2014 model Year, but he has not experienced anything, perhaps no one notices unless someone is specifically checking.
Yes, it is that bad. I cannot see in the mirror while cruising, but I can see it under light accelerations. Hard accelerations leave a big could of smoke, so I avoid doing that as it is very embarrassing.:Frustrate

Even we never noticed it for the first 5k kms. Only realised when my father was following the car. I couldn't believe what he was saying, so I decided to follow and let him drive. Wasn't a pretty sight at all.
Shivjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 10:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Black smoke is unburnt fuel. Under hard acceleration that is understandable as more than required amount of fuel is injected, but ECU is supposed to take care of that. In case excess fuel is injected consistently, the FE will take a big hit.

What I recommend; if the local Toyota engineers are not able to figure it out; is to take a video of the smoke (along with all the details of the vehicle - VIN, date of purchase etc) and send it to the Toyota Technical team in Japan. They may take time, but they always come up with a solution.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 12:50   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
Yes I've tried filling from different pumps. Now I'm an expert at checking for black smoke, as I can see it in the left side rear view mirror. So I keep checking after getting full tanks till they're almost in reserve.
I feel your pain. I too had become an expert at checking black smoke, it had gone to a point that every time i floored the car a bit extra my eyes automatically went to the left rear view mirror to check the black smoke. Unfortunately, after much efforts I had no choice but to overlook it and get out of this habit of looking in the rear view mirror to check the smoke.

The car in context was my BMW 525d that I bought in 2007. The car was covered under the BSI package from BMW so I made good use of it to ensure that all required hardware was replaced FOC to ensure my black smoke problems were resolved. This involved changing filters to changing the entire turbo charger. But at the end of the day, the problem yet existed and nothing could be done, I had to just live with it.

My w222 S350d also farts a small bit of black smoke at times when pushed hard. Our diesel fuel quality is the major culprit, there is not much anyone can do about it. Additives could maybe help reduce it but might not resolve it fully. Here is one that comes highly recommended on various forums that I recently tried: http://www.amazon.in/Liqui-Moly-Supp...ilpage_o04_s00
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 11:47   #36
BHPian

Toyota LandCruiser becomes ‘World’s Fastest SUV’

Just read the news that LandCruiser became the fasters SUV.

Never expected this, was expecting something like "Lamborghini Urus" take this claim.

Quote:
IN PRODUCTION FOR more than 60 years, the Toyota LandCruiser is now the world’s fastest SUV. The one-off 2000hp LandCruiser set a new SUV speed record of more than 360km/h.

Driven by former Toyota NASCAR driver Carl Edwards (pictured below), the ‘Land Speed Cruiser’ shattered the previous “World’s Fastest SUV” by more than 30km/h. Toyota said, “ With enough track ahead, the Land Speed Cruiser could be expected to go even faster”.

http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...yhB?li=AAggbRN

Mods:
Did not find any mention regarding this hence created a new thread. Please do remove it if not needed.
kozhissery is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 12:19   #37
BHPian

Toyota launches 2020 Land Cruiser in UAE

Toyota has just released its latest version of the mighty LC in UAE.

Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser 200 at 1.29 crore-2020_toyota_land_cruiser_03_a3dbca8484f3d70ffba22b91f1db0e0ee956a2d5.jpg

Pasting an excerpt from UAE based lifestyle website

Quote:
In a year when Nissan gave us an upgraded Patrol, Land Rover brought back the Defender, and even Aston Martin announced it was dipping its delicately manicured toes into the 4x4 market with the DBX, this 2020 incarnation of the near 70-year-old Japanese road crusher is entering a crowded space.

Like its other mates on the block, the top-end new version has power a-plenty, with a 5.7-litre V8 engine, which produces 362hp.

On the outside, the grille retains its chrome tri-bar motif making up the rejigged front end, which has been further improved with LED fog lights.

In the jazzing up department, the Land Cruiser is equipped with an intelligent automatically controlled eight-speed transmission and, as a first, a performance damper that, if you believe the bumpf, will provide “effortless road manners and driving comfort”.

There is also a 10-inch audio and navigation unit in the cabin, as well as an upgraded interior.

The Land Cruiser also now has a remote engine starter app, allowing users to start and stop their engines from anywhere in the world, which isn’t something the original designers would have likely ever dreamed of when the model was first introduced back in 1951.

The app also enables the user to remotely open the trunk, ascertain location, and monitor driving history, temperature, and battery status.

Prices start at Dh215,900 for the Land Cruiser’s base model, rising to Dh330,000 for the best-in-show affair.

They’re available now from Al-Futtaim Toyota.
The dealer website has been updated with the new product which shows 3 engine options - 4.0L, 4.6L and the 5.7L.

Safety package includes active and passive safety features ensuring all occupants are covered with front, rear and side curtain airbags. Other safety features include Brake Assist (BA), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Active Traction Control (ATRC), and Pre-Collision System (PCS).

Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser 200 at 1.29 crore-2020_toyota_land_cruiser_05_ec43468c26080ffdf2ddcd8ab7b47d313f6ea725.jpg

Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser 200 at 1.29 crore-2020_toyota_land_cruiser_07_c147af0c9046c4d848faa176e197af631196f117.jpg

Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser 200 at 1.29 crore-2020_toyota_land_cruiser_16_eb4de34d3d1486a7d9ceea3b3dd6ebab316c3df8.jpg
bmw_lover is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 08:11   #38
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota launches 2020 Land Cruiser in UAE

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 09:38   #39
Team-BHP Support

Appears to be a clickbait article. Every single thing that we see here is the same as was on 2018 and 2019 MY.

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th December 2019 at 09:40.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 10:11   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

First I was like the next generation has already come?without any scoops or testing?

Then, thought maybe like the new facelifted Patrol, it's just a Gulf market edition with a few cosmetic changes.

But looks like this is just a MY change, just for the sake of it.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 10:23   #41
BHPian

No matter how much butch this car looks, I can't get over the fact that the same model is being sold since 2007, with just cosmetic updates. It's time for Toyota to bring in a new model. A sensible buyer would not go for such an outdated model at this price band, but would go for something superior such as the Mercedes GLS or Audi Q7. Both are fairly more reliable than before, and the GLS has some great off-road tech.
Old 13th December 2019, 05:44   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
No matter how much butch this car looks, I can't get over the fact that the same model is being sold since 2007, with just cosmetic updates. It's time for Toyota to bring in a new model.

A sensible buyer would not go for such an outdated model at this price band, but would go for something superior such as the Mercedes GLS or Audi Q7. Both are fairly more reliable than before, and the GLS has some great off-road tech.
I agree with the first part of your post. As for the latter half, the LC still continues to be the vehicle of choice in markets such as Australia, for touring, and towing needs. The grey nomads, as they are called, rarely look beyond the LC when it comes to choice of car for touring the vast, sparsely populated land mass, that is Australia. The large accessories market for this product only helps make that decision easier.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 13:56   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
No matter how much butch this car looks, I can't get over the fact that the same model is being sold since 2007, with just cosmetic updates. It's time for Toyota to bring in a new model. A sensible buyer would not go for such an outdated model at this price band, but would go for something superior such as the Mercedes GLS or Audi Q7. Both are fairly more reliable than before, and the GLS has some great off-road tech.
We have the 2016 version of this vehicle and they might be replacing it next year as it has done close to 200000 kms in the past 3.5 years. I do not think they will look at any other vehicle for a replacement as they vouch for the reliability and maintenance of this. Keep in mind, we did have the GLS which we sold recently and also replaced the old 4.2 TDI Q7 with the 2018 45 TDI version.

With that said, I would love for them to come up with a redesign though.
sweetvar26 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 10:04   #44
BHPian

2021 Toyota Land Cruiser
https://www.rushlane.com/2021-toyota...8ddoWE2lWISqaQ
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 13:31   #45
BHPian

I think this vehicle has attained 'God' level following and is going to be a grand headache for Toyota to come up with a totally new model, anything close or even convincing to its loyal followers. Going by the recent trend, Toyota is bound to screw it up and they know it.
AJITHAAA is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks