Team-BHP - New Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16985-new-baleno-4.html)

whats this "tota" (parrot)?

its just what honda did to their ever so elegant, beautiful & classy city. another crap in the name of advancement.

neither flat (like old city, baleno or esteem) neither tall (santro, wagon R). its just a middle thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveendhyani
whats this "tota" (parrot)?

its just what honda did to their ever so elegant, beautiful & classy city. another crap in the name of advancement.

neither flat (like old city, baleno or esteem) neither tall (santro, wagon R). its just a middle thing.

I find that the design doesnt seem to gel well, the front and the rear ....hmmm they dont go with each other and the look is different from the regular....the Fiesta looks much better :)

Reminds me of Ford's bold redesign of the Taurus in 1996, it was quite shocking. Now it may not look wild, but during then it was considered very very unconventional. In fact I was happy my 91 Sable looked much better.

Just 4 or 5 days back I saw the current Baleno going to a factory site and man the way its engine was pumping power!!! I could hear it from 250 metres away and the more it came closer, the more I was in awe, which car is that one and when it passed me by, I was in awe that it was the Baleno !!! No Indian car had that much of grunt in it. That simple and nimble Baleno is much more than what appears from the outside, despite it's dated looks, it sure is a power house. That Baleno was just like his personal rocket on fire !!! Really. Wonder if tomorrow we will still be crazy about the Old Baleno (OB) like the OHC. Where are today's cars heading?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thainogkok
Thailand's car magazine used to copy my
writing in the internet without giving my credit.

What do you write about. Do you have your own blog. Can we have the link?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Reminds me of Ford's bold redesign of the Taurus in 1996, it was quite shocking. Now it may not look wild, but during then it was considered very very unconventional. In fact I was happy my 91 Sable looked much better.

:OT Hey Samurai,
That 91 Sable looks great.Especially the front end is very appealing.Is it a Ford? And yes,it is indeed much better than the other car in your link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roms
:OT Hey Samurai,
That 91 Sable looks great.Especially the front end is very appealing.Is it a Ford? And yes,it is indeed much better than the other car in your link.

Thanks. Yes, Mercury is a ford brand and every Ford car used to have a Mercury twin, not anymore I guess. The sable had the most luxurious seating of any car I have owned. It was like sitting in a plush sofa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Yes, Mercury is a ford brand and every Ford car used to have a Mercury twin, not anymore I guess. [/url].

Still do. Ford Crown Victoria = Mercury Grand Marquis, Ford Explorer = Mercury Mountaineer, Ford Expedition = Lincoln Navigator et al.

The Mercury Grand Marquis is probably the best (non-limo) exec taxi around.

Im sure it will incorporate a lot more changes when its launched...the sx4 version looked better cause it was a hatch...the same design with a boot however doesent look as good....need to wait and c how the production version comes out to be..

The current Baleno looked old when it was new so this is a good attempt from Suzuki. The car will look good from the front view, but other wise it will fail to attract attention.

Which Baleno Is Better ?

Or

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech
Which Baleno Is Better ?

Is there any competition at all...
I mean.. ok.. looks are subjective... but when you compare a WagonR with a Palio... the result would always be the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech
Which Baleno Is Better ?

Anytime the old one.... The bad nose job of the new one is really making it look ugly....

please: Comon people its no that bad.. A little appreciation over here. If baleno looks bad then swift back is yuckiest thing i have ever seen. But I bare it all day..

Its just like sometimes good things come in odd packages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ess_a
Anytime the old one.... The bad nose job of the new one is really making it look ugly....

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh
Its just like sometimes good things come in odd packages.

Well i hope this happens... but really yaar looking at the gap in the bonnet part i really hope that is some abberation... other wise IMO maruti would do better by going back to the drawing board...