Team-BHP - New Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16985-new-baleno-7.html)

This baleno pic is taken really good. It can even fail skoda or merc IMHO. But really dude the new baleno is looking good. I know NHC do not look good but New Baleno sure do.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Dream on babe...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Dream on babe...

people still like the old amby. Everybody has their own tastes. But for majority The new car can be a good upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
people still like the old amby. Everybody has their own tastes. But for majority The new car can be a good upgrade.

Well, I actually own a Baleno and like most Baleno owners on this forum I relieved I have the older version. I will make my final decision when I see the car in person and not over spy photos. That panel gap won't survive the monsoon in my area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84

Two thoughts for discussion:
  1. Should we allow the justification, "Everybody has their own tastes"
    to become a mantra to accomodate questionable taste?
    Does newness of a concept by itself, automatically guarantee it "better concept" status?
  2. Going through the posts on this thread, wouldn't one be led to believe,
    that for the majority the new car seems to be some downgrade, not an upgrade?

Looks really cool and amazing..... love to GO for one! A rear spoiler would do good to styling :)

Old Baleno needs a new rear,sproused up interiors,new colours thats all and it looks amazing.Well thats for sure they gonna continue the same 1.6 94bhp engine..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram
Two thoughts for discussion:
  1. Should we allow the justification, "Everybody has their own tastes"
    to become a mantra to accomodate questionable taste?
    Does newness of a concept by itself, automatically guarantee it "better concept" status?
  2. Going through the posts on this thread, wouldn't one be led to believe,
    that for the majority the new car seems to be some downgrade, not an upgrade?

Cant think about this unless the car is really out. But I am sure that until then you will have fun with your baleno.:)

I am sure this new Baleno will sell better than NHC..why? because its far more uglier :)

This stupid 'cab forward' design iteration will ensure that we are literally sitting on the bonnet before long :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival
This stupid \'cab forward\' design iteration will ensure that we are literally sitting on the bonnet before long :(

Don\'t blame the cab forward design. I used to love the cab-forward designs on Dodge Intrepid and 300M. Check these:

Dodge Intrepid

Chrysler 300M

Quote:

This stupid 'cab forward' design iteration will ensure that we are literally sitting on the bonnet before long :(

That was a good one. lol:

Quote:

I am sure this new Baleno will sell better than NHC..why? because its far more uglier :)

spadival: Did you mean like this?

lol:
Wouldn't it make one feel very exposed and vulnerable?

Yucks.
Ram, is that an actual car (I hope not) or a photoshop job ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Yucks.
Ram, is that an actual car (I hope not) or a photoshop job ?

He just took the Dodge Intrepid pic I posted and uglified it.

Hey,
Couldn't auto designers go overboard too?
Hope you found the quick pixel manipulation funny.
No offense to anybody.
Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram
spadival: Did you mean like this?
Wouldn't it make one feel very exposed and vulnerable?

Hmm.. yeah lol:

Actually, I think this cab-forward design that Honda talks about is nothing but a scam.. They just wanted to fit a boot to Honda Jazz (an MPV) and pass it off as a car.. Obviously an MPV will have its cab, way forward as per the original design. So they thought up this idea of "cab forward" design !!

If you have a go with a big hammer, at the back of ANY MPV.. you will probably end up with a cab forward car :p