Team-BHP - New Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16985-new-baleno-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover
fantastic pic of a baleno. samurai, could you please post a pic with its back side in a similar view ?

nowhere near the quality of @samurai's pic, but here's another rear view in my garage.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...?do=view&g=211

Guys, not matter which angles you take the pics from, the old one will always look old. :-)
No offences meant.

No offence taken, RFI.
But, old does not necessarily mean bad or ugly.
The OHC and Lancer are prime examples. Even today when you see a well-maintained piece, it is such joy to the eyes.
Unlike the "new" eyesores that we have in the C-segment.

OT : And BTW, there are quite a few superbly maintained OHCs in Chennai. They look almost new. Very commendable effort on part of the owners.

Yup ... SB is right, there are quite a few very well maintained old Honda Citys and Mitsubishi Lancer SLXi and SFXi models in Chennai .... they look fabulous even today - despite being more than 4-5 years old. Some of them have got nice wheels and tyres .... I saw a metallic green Lancer GLXi (one of the 1st ones to be launched with useless 13 inch tyres and wheel caps) today with 205/60/15 tyres ..... plus a nice DVD Pioneer system inside ... the motorised one which completely folds and goes inside when a button is pressed. There were Pioneer LCD screens on the headrests of the front seats too .... car looked superb. It was a Chennai registration plate and a young chap was driving it. I spotted it on Cathedral Rd (near the Poes Garden turning) when I was coming back home in the Cielo, after giving my Pioneer system at the authorised service centre to be checked out .... there was some loose contact with the panel and only when the panel was pressed hard and held like that, was there any power coming to the panel. If released, the power would go off.

So there are many excellent older cars on our roads. As a matter of fact, a used 2003 old model Honda City VTEC costs around Rs. 4.8 Lakh at My TVS, RA Puram .... I just called up yesterday and found out after seeing an ad in the newspaper. The car has only a single owner, but has run around 45,000 kms or so. I thought it was a fantastic deal, just for that beautiful 106bhp 1.5 litre VTEC .... what do u guys say ?? There was another 2000 model Honda City 1.5 EXi for just Rs. 3.9 lakh too, with about 32,000 kms on the clock. That's a good buy too .... 100 bhp engine and so smooth. Plus with warranty on engine and gearbox !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSG12777
As a matter of fact, a used 2003 old model Honda City VTEC costs around Rs. 4.8 Lakh at My TVS, RA Puram .... I just called up yesterday and found out after seeing an ad in the newspaper. The car has only a single owner, but has run around 45,000 kms or so. I thought it was a fantastic deal, just for that beautiful 106bhp 1.5 litre VTEC .... what do u guys say ?? There was another 2000 model Honda City 1.5 EXi for just Rs. 3.9 lakh too, with about 32,000 kms on the clock. That's a good buy too .... 100 bhp engine and so smooth. Plus with warranty on engine and gearbox !!

The 2003 Vtec sounds like a good deal to me. Actually a little too good to be true. Bcos some time ago a B'lore tbhp-ian bought a 2001 Vtec for 5L odd. Agreed that prices are higher in B'lore. Still, this car is 2 years newer.
Maybe the used car experts can shed more light on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Maybe the used car experts can shed more light on this.

They better not, not here.:) Then we will be truely going off-topic.

You are right, Samurai.
VSG12777, maybe you could check out other related threads or maybe post a new one, if the situation warrants it.

BTW, on the forum, there is some talk of a new diesel Baleno coming soon.
Will they be having a diesel variant of the "new" Baleno that we are discussing here or just plonk a diesel engine in the current Baleno ?

Guys, I simply could not locate this thread yesterday - any of you faced that ?

From news I found on the magazine and on the web after some inquisitive googling it seems the new Baleno might be on its way very soon. Following are the indications :-

1. Autocar India in November issue reports new Zen and new Baleno launches in November. I found this too farfetched but then ACI doenot generally report on just hearsay..

2. Financial Express reports the same here

We might be in for a surprise.. one is sure baleno could hit us much earlier than the second quarter 2007 deadline that is floating around...

The Sx4 looks like this in the site www.suzukisx4.com.

How come they dont have a saloon mentioned anywhere whereas the Baleno is suppsoed to be a Saloon. Are they making a saloon sx4 only for Indian market. But the SX4 does not look good.

i love the way the new one looks for sure. old one is i guess well just too old.

New or Old. It looks good from all angles. Just little tweaks and modern touches / beige interiors to inside / SX4 type as well as gleaming lights and chrome touches / glossy smart looks on the outside are needed to be done by Maruti. But please not the similar changes as were done to the WagonR. Please Maruti, don't do that with the Baleno ! Baleno has to continue to look more sober / sophisticated especially for the corporate czars / senior management categories / senior business managers. Only then it will continue to sell more cars than Honda City's / Fiestas / Aveos / Vernas each month. Maruti can go ahead with the new Baleno as well. People will buy either of them.

On the styling sides, Maruti's Indian stylists / designers are not as good as it's competitors. Fiesta / Aveos and NHCs are leading in styling. However Maruti can not just let be left out. And Baleno was more perfectly designed in the 2000s. So why not today?

And let people experiment and waste their hard earned money on non customer oriented companies like GM / Ford / Tata etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by superamerica
From news I found on the magazine and on the web after some inquisitive googling it seems the new Baleno might be on its way very soon. Following are the indications :-

1. Autocar India in November issue reports new Zen and new Baleno launches in November. I found this too farfetched but then ACI doenot generally report on just hearsay..

I read the ACI report too. Several months ago, I got information about an end-2006 launch from another source - a person working with one of the OEMs. Of course, he didn't say if it would replace the Baleno or not. But, what surprises me is that we still don't have much details on this unlike the launch of the Verna or the Fiesta. No scoop pics or reports of road testing in India. MUL seems to have done a good job keeping it under wraps.

Inspired by this thread, I posted a question in the 'Ask a Expert' section in Carwale.com

Below is the my question and the Answer that it recived from a carwale.com 'Expert'.

Me, 01 November, 2006 03:11 PM

Question : Dear Sir/ Madam,

I've come to know from various net forums that Maruti is bringing out new Baleno saloon based on the SX4 hatch sometime next year.

Is the information true. If yes then when we can actually see that car in the market.

Thanking You,

Ashok Harish.
Answer From Mr Banwari Lal Sharma, 03 November, 2006 03:11 PM Dear Ashok,

Its quite a true news as of now. Maruti has announced current Baleno's production from this December. New Baleno will strike showrooms sometime in July-August 2007.

Isn't it strange that Maruti is letting its production plans known outside its company domain? Anyway Baleno new or old I am waiting for the 1.9 JTD. Well Fiat Linea would also give me that, but then when a Fiat engine is in a predominantly Fiat car and marketed as a Maruti using its haloed After sales network..what more can one ask for!