Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2006, 19:33   #136
Senior - BHPian

but didnt all the mags say that the new baleno is going to be launched this month.
Old 5th November 2006, 19:48   #137
BHPian

some thing wrong with the image or bonnet

Looks ok apart from the gap showing in bonnet area. Nothing strinking, but IMHO definitely better than Verna's front.

If it comes with the competitive numbers indcated in the article then Verna, Fiesta and Aveo will have a run for their money.
Old 5th November 2006, 22:48   #138
Senior - BHPian

@Srinivas:
The SX-4(new baleno) is a world car for suzuki and only today did i see its advert in an American car magazine.
The original thread's image source was of poor quality. There are no panel gaps like u think.
Infact,the best engine option is a 2000cc 143 bhp engine with ALL-WHEEL DRIVE.Might not make it to india,but we always have foreign chop-shops from where we can source it and then,its Plug n Play!
SWEEEEEEEEET!
Old 6th November 2006, 00:11   #139
BHPian

i was standing next to my fathers office car an astra ....a baleno was next to it then .....in each and every aspect they two were same .....is there any similarity ....has any1 noticed his
Old 6th November 2006, 00:14   #140
Senior - BHPian

OT:trinadha, can u post this elsewhere?
U're going too off-topic,man...
Old 6th November 2006, 00:45   #141
BHPian

2.0L Baleno will be an exciting choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
@Srinivas:
The SX-4(new baleno) is a world car for suzuki and only today did i see its advert in an American car magazine.
The original thread's image source was of poor quality. There are no panel gaps like u think.
Infact,the best engine option is a 2000cc 143 bhp engine with ALL-WHEEL DRIVE.Might not make it to india,but we always have foreign chop-shops from where we can source it and then,its Plug n Play!
SWEEEEEEEEET!
Not sure how much Suzuki can market it in USA. Per my knowledge its generally not ne of the choices people consider in America. I do not know if things have changed over last year or two.
One SUV (forgot the name) made it to newspapers.

Got the name from yahoo, I think it was Grand Vitara.

Their best bet will be in India with a diesel engine and 100+ BHP for the C segment and 2.0L Petrol for D segment, not certain if targeting the same car in different segments based on egines. I am hoping they'd make the body a little stonger and better in terms of safety.
Old 9th November 2006, 11:57   #142

Are we kidding? It absolutely sucks... can't believe a design house got paid to churn out that bent piece of metal!
Old 9th November 2006, 14:34   #143
BHPian

If Maruti changes the rear of the Baleno completely and adds some optra type headlamps, with beige interiors, it will sell... The car is really good and I like long nosed cars in comparion with the Honda city (thats a personal choice...and even the civic looks nose looks a bit short to me..i.e only if I have to find fault in civic's design!! )
Old 9th November 2006, 14:59   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish
If Maruti changes the rear of the Baleno completely and adds some optra type headlamps, with beige interiors, it will sell... The car is really good
@kvish, they did not do this for 7 long years, when it could have made a big difference. What makes you think they will bother to do it now ?

Anyway, I think it is too late now to do minor updates and expect a jump in sales. A full revamp is the only thing that might help. I had emailed them years ago (quoted below), at a time when I was not even planning to buy one.

Quote:
The Baleno is one nice car with impeccable specs and a lot of people I know are really interested in it. But as we all know there are not many Balenos on the road. I am sure the marketing/design teams would be working on the reason. Anyway, I would like to point out one design flaw that puts off most people when it comes to the Baleno - the look at the rear, especially the big, ugly, shapeless light assembly.

It is surprising that somebody actually designed such an ugly fitting for such an upmarket car and then expected people to buy it. I am pretty sure that if the design guys work on the rear of the Baleno and then marketing re-launches it properly, the sales of the Baleno would show an impressible increase. The example of the Honda city is apt here. The first Honda City that came out had a brake light glass that was unattractive and which spoiled the whole rear look of the car. They understood their mistake and then changed the glass from the earlier translucent kind to the LED kind of look which really did a lot of difference to the way the car looked from the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish
and even the civic looks nose looks a bit short to me..i.e only if I have to find fault in civic's design!! )
Man, I could just drool for hours looking at a Civic especially the black one. The design lines are awesome, especially from the side and the front, though the rear looks kinda plain. There is a black one parked in our office basement and while going out for coffee break, I take the longer route via the basement, just to ogle at it.
Old 9th November 2006, 15:46   #145
BHPian

Spoke to a sales person from Auto Vista an hour back.According to him the production has definitely ceased and they now have the last batch of balenos to be sold.The new one is expected in March-April '07 and deliveries will commence in May.It will mostly have the same 1.6 L engine and surprisingly will be priced between 6.5L to 7.5 L on road.So that should really be good.
Also, New Zen should be out next month,the Swift diesel and new Baleno will be launched one after the other,somewhere in the first quarter itself.Maruti fans are in for a ball it seems.

Last edited by roms : 9th November 2006 at 15:49.
Old 27th November 2006, 16:58   #146
BHPian

Offical pic From Thailand's website.

Old 27th November 2006, 16:58   #147
BHPian

Old 27th November 2006, 17:00   #148
BHPian

Has anyone know the exact launch date of this car ?

Old 27th November 2006, 17:11   #149
Senior - BHPian

These pictures are pretty cool man. Thanks thainogkok. I hope we get the same baleno.
Old 27th November 2006, 17:18   #150
Senior - BHPian

This car looks brilliant. Just hope Maruti does not "engineer" it for India like they did the swift, and gives us the "international" version of the Baleno.

Also, they should rework teh existing 1.6 engine a bit to cross the magic 100 BHP mark or else the car may loose the "brochure war"

Most Viewed