Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 15:30   #16
ashwinpak

Why so serious? Spend while you can. Don't spend if you don't have. Most Indians prefer to park their money in banks and real estate and lockers. At the end, they are reduced to garlanded photographs in their homes, while their children coninue to do what their parents did.

Drive the car you yearn to drive, eat the food you crave for, travel to places where you want to be. What is the use of all the money in the bank if you are unable to do what you want?

Last edited by ashwinpak : 31st August 2009 at 15:36.

Old 31st August 2009, 16:22   #17
BHPian

Great article! Buying a car is easy, maintaining and running costs are the ones which are going to kill you. Most people may not realise this till they a buy a car. So practically speaking when some says they can afford a 5 lac car, it actually means they can afford a 3 lac car.

But oh man, are n't we addicted to them, and keep going to them for more !!
Old 1st March 2010, 10:02   #18
BHPian

I have kept myself certain yardsticks. In Mumbai it is very crazy driving a car. I take a train to office which is more quicker and less exhausting. Unless there are more persons accompanying me to office or while going out, I do not take out my car. I do not want to drive a car home at a point when I get fully exhausted at office and drive the car for another 2 hours probably more for a distance of say 25 kms. During weekends and other errands where the distance is more I take out my vehicles. Otherwise NOPE! My old Premier Padmini I have kept the insured value as Rs30000 and I end up paying insurance of Rs1000 or so. After three years, for my i10 also I will reduce the insured value at about Rs1 lac and one can pay less premium. I always do Comprehensive premium! Touch wood so far no insurance claim in about 35 years of driving - done about 3 lac kms in various cars.

Most Viewed