Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 11:11   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh

Got to this thread due to the other thread started by Rajeevraj.

I had booked my WagonR VXI(O) AMT from Bimal Auto Bangalore on 20-Feb. I have already done the PDI on 12-Mar and am expecting to take delivery this week.
Old 14th March 2016, 19:13   #62
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: visited Pratham Motors stock yard today. There were 10 Wagon R's in all with 3 of them being AMTs and rest were all Vxi's, not a single Vxi(O)
All the 7 manual transmission cars were in a newer yard where we could see the car but not open it as keys were unavailable with the staff. To be doubly sure, they checked on their inventory system with chassis and VIN numbers to verify if at least one of them were Vxi(O) but that wasn't the case
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 09:53   #63
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is there so much confusion with the Wagon R variants ? The pricelists that I have from the dealers in Bangalore are very confusing
As per Maruti's Website and brochure, they only offer Lxi, Vxi, Vxi AMT and Lxi CNG (not available in Bangalore).
So, for Bangalore it should be Lxi, Vxi, Vxi AMT. Add to this Metallic and Non-metallic paint finishes and the (O) pack variants so it should be 12 possible variants, but the latest March pricelist has 4 more (2 variants with Metallic and non-metallic paint finishes) and I simply couldn't figure out what these are - possibly older models they've carried forward to the pricelist from last year ? Looks like they haven't cleaned up the pricelist because I could not find any of these at the stock yard
The extra 4 variants are:
1. Vxi(O) with ABS Decal
2. Vxi(O) with ABS Decal Met
3. Lxi Limited Edition
4. Lxi Limited Edition Met

**And these 16 variants are just the ones for Wagon R, the Wagon R Stingray has it's own 12 variants

Last edited by NPV : 15th March 2016 at 09:56.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:16   #64
BHPian

I took the delivery of WagonR VXi(O) AMT on 18-Mar. Added alloy wheels, reversing camera and art-leather upholstery amongst other things. This is my first automatic. I am still getting used to the fact that the left of you has almost nothing to do
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:29   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
I took the delivery of WagonR VXi(O) AMT on 18-Mar. Added alloy wheels, reversing camera and art-leather upholstery amongst other things. This is my first automatic. I am still getting used to the fact that the left of you has almost nothing to do
Congrats on your new car.

How much did the Alloy wheels and reversing camera cost? Did you get these from Maruti? Could you post pics of the both?
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:54   #66
BHPian

It cost me 26K for a set of 5 alloys, 13K for the reversing camera+sensor combo. And yes this was from the Maruti showroom itself.

I don't have ready photos. Will try to capture a few in the next couple of days and post them.
Old 19th June 2016, 23:27   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Owners - how is the AGS doing ? Any niggles with the AGS unit ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 16:24   #68
BHPian

Had an issue crop up twice wherein the AGS would not change the drive from 1D to N and R to N. That happened in the first month of the ownership and my wife was settling in with the car. Post that niggle free and smooth. Mileage is around 12-13 in Bangalore traffic. There are other niggles Door rattle and some noise from rear left.
Old 21st June 2016, 15:33   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Had an issue crop up twice wherein the AGS would not change the drive from 1D to N and R to N.
Thanks, Krish.

How was it resolved ?
How much have you driven now ?
Old 21st June 2016, 15:40   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Had an issue crop up twice wherein the AGS would not change the drive from 1D to N and R to N.
Was the brake pedal pressed at the time of gear lever changing? If the brakes are not pressed the gear change from either 'D' to 'N' or 'N' to 'R' will NOT happen.

Same is mentioned in the manual too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Owners - how is the AGS doing ? Any niggles with the AGS unit ?
My K10 AMT is almost at 11K kms now and being used daily by wife for her home-college-home commute of 40 kms. Been super reliable till now with no issues of mis-shifting or any errors. If driven the right way, can be put many cars to shame!

We (Read dad and wife) are very happy with the car and the AMT too.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 10:53   #71
BHPian

Folks, this thread hasn't been active for almost a month!
Is there a different Wagon R AMT Ownership Review thread around? Wagon R AMT Owners, can you please provide feedback on how your vehicles are running & please share fuel efficiency numbers.

Thanks
Kartik
Old 24th July 2016, 00:20   #72
BHPian

A relative is looking for a WagonR AMT & I almost convinced him to go for a Stingray VXi safety Option (better interiors, non-taxi look, alloys, MID with fuel efficiency display etc) but the dealer in Bhilai / Raipur refuses to offer any discounts on the Option models and is only looking to sell the WagonR VXI AMT - not even the VXI Stingray! So depressing :(
Also, does anyone know of specific differences mechanically i.e. rear suspension between the Wagonr/Stingray & Celerio? I hope they are better than the crappy vibrating rod of a suspension in my K10!
Old 24th July 2016, 11:16   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
A relative is looking for a WagonR AMT & I almost convinced him to go for a Stingray VXi safety Option (better interiors, non-taxi look, alloys, MID with fuel efficiency display etc) but the dealer in Bhilai / Raipur refuses to offer any discounts on the Option models and is only looking to sell the WagonR VXI AMT - not even the VXI Stingray! So depressing :(!/
I am on the verge of bookin a wagon r vxi amt option for my parents. The dealer here in trivandrum readily agreed to give a discount of
30000 (std maruti discount). Not yet discussed a dealer discount. There is also a bonus for exchange and for govt/ retired govt employees.

When I checked the pasco maruti dealer site there too these discounts were availabe. Though discounts my vary from state to state.

Best thing to do is ask the dealer to show the sheet from maruti showing discounts for all models. Yes there is one. That way he cant hide anything. Dealer discounts are different.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 24th July 2016 at 11:46. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 25th July 2016, 17:57   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Krish.

How was it resolved ?
How much have you driven now ?
Apologies for the late response - too much travel.

We could never replicate the issue. The car has been doing great since then - primarily driven by my wife - 35 kms a day though Bangalore traffic (part highway on Old Madras Road ~20kms and through dense traffic ~15km). Mileage has been in the range of 13-14. Some rattling issues (from the left rear) persist even after 3rd service. Otherwise a good spacious workaholic car.
Old 1st August 2016, 16:01   #75
BHPian

Booked Wagon R VXi (o) AMT and taking delivery on 8th August. This replaces my wife's 2003 Santro Xing AT.
Opted for alloy wheels (set of 5) , seat cover and reverse sensors (without camera) as accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks