Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2015, 17:12   #1
BHPian

Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh

Maruti Suzuki today announced launch of wagon r and stingray with driver and front passenger airbags, ABS and AMT. AMT available in the VXI and VXI (O) variantS. Delhi ex showroom price for AMT model is INR 476935/- to INR 531238/-.

The AMT variants should increase the appeal of Wagon R which currently sells around 12-14k units every month.

Click https://flic.kr/s/aHsknGCw1H for the high resolution pictures of the WagonR and Stingray
Drivethru is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 18:43   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop data on the Alto K10, WagonR AMT & more

Maruti Suzuki launches WagonR AMT

Name:  49702198.png
Views: 20613
Size:  9.4 KB
It will also offer dual-airbags and ABS as an option across all variants of WagonR and Stingray, including base variants.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ngray/49702131
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 18:50   #3
BHPian

Re: Scoop data on the Alto K10, WagonR AMT & more

The safety variants of the celerio, alto AMT seem to be only on paper until now. I have checked with multiple maruti dealers in Bangalore and none have any. The old airport road sales guy said that an AMT with safety features (dual airbags) will be available, if at all, only by mid 2016. He may also be just trying to sell an unsafe alto to me and could have lied.

At least if this news of Wagon R coming with safety features for all models is true, then we can probably expect Hyundai to follow and offer Grand i10 automatic with airbags.

Last edited by psankar : 7th November 2015 at 18:52. Reason: More comments
psankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 23:31   #4
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Stingray : Picture Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Any idea about the probable launch date of the AMT version. Last I heard, Wagon R and Stingray both were to be launched with AMT by this festive season. Quite like the Stingray, and would love to add it to my garage.
Maruti has launched the Maruti Wagon R sting ray now. I guess the pricing makes it tempting for someone who wants a car which gives the comfort of AMT and at the same time not very expensive.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/maruti...-respectively/

I think the highlight of the launch is the addition of a new variant with double airbags and ABS. I am happy to see that Maruti is responding to the market which is getting more safety conscious.
"Maruti Suzuki has also added optional safety features such as driver and co-driver airbags and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) which will be available to be ticked across all variants, including base models, of the WagonR and Stingray. The new AGS equipped WagonR and Stingray would join Celerio and Alto K10 that are already available with the new automatic transmission option."
rejoycjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 10:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

WagonR + Stingray now with AMT. Optional safety kit too

Maruti has now equipped its popular tallboy hatchbacks - WagonR and Stingray, with an automated manual transmission (AMT) as an option.

This is the company's third offering (after the Celerio and Alto K10) equipped with the Auto Gear Shift (AGS) technology that offers the convenience of an automatic gearbox yet the fuel efficiency of a manual. The ARAI fuel efficiency figure for the WagonR AMT is rated at 20.51 km/l, which is exactly the same as the 5-speed manual.

This AMT option will be available on both - the WagonR and the Stingray, in the VXi trim. Both these cars are powered by the same 1.0 litre, 3-cylinder K-series petrol engine producing 67 BHP & 77 Nm, which does duty on the Alto K10 and the Celerio.

Another step in the right direction by Maruti, is that now both ABS and dual airbags will be available on all variants of the Wagon R / Stingray as an option.

Ex-showroom Delhi prices are:

WagonR
LXi: Rs. 4,06,542
LXi (O): Rs. 4,39,212
LXi CNG: Rs. 4,60,572
VXi: Rs. 4,31,935
VXi (O): Rs. 4,64,609
VXi AMT: Rs. 4,76,935
VXi AMT (O): Rs. 5,09,609

Stingray
LXi: Rs. 4,25,569
LXi (O): Rs. 4,58,219
VXi: Rs. 4,53,594
VXi (O): Rs. 4,86,238
VXi AMT: Rs. 4,98,594
VXi AMT (O): Rs. 5,31,238

Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh-airbags.jpg

Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh-amt.jpg

Last edited by S2!!! : 9th November 2015 at 10:35.
S2!!! is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 10:59   #6
BHPian

re: Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh

Good. But since they have the same (or very similar) drivetrains to the Celerio nothing revolutionary here.

Would like to see Maruti go to the next step by offering it on the Ritz/Swift/Dezire petrol and diesel versions.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 13:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Is Celerio available already with VXi +ABS/Airbags option?

How does pricing for VXi AMT compare between Celerio and WagonR/Stingray?

Inputs appreciated.
Old 9th November 2015, 14:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Good. But since they have the same (or very similar) drivetrains to the Celerio nothing revolutionary here.

Would like to see Maruti go to the next step by offering it on the Ritz/Swift/Dezire petrol and diesel versions.
The Swift is too nice a car to be equipped with an AMT, a proper 5-speed slush box (6-speed DSG? ) will be nice! A CVT on the Swift may not be a good idea considering its sporty nature!

The Ritz and Swift Dzire already have 4-speed slush boxes!
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 14:59   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh

Finally here! I can't tell you of the number of folk who were waiting for the WagonR Automatic. Mr. Practical is now also Mr. Convenient.

Maruti has kept the AMT premium real. At just Rs. 45,000 more, it's a no-brainer for a city car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
The WagonR has a wider fan base than the Celerio.

Quote:
Would like to see Maruti go to the next step by offering it on the Ritz/Swift/Dzire petrol and diesel versions.
They're coming .
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 15:20   #10

Finally a Maruti AMT with ABS+ Airbags? Or is it just the dual airbags in WagonR. I think Maruti Wagor R would give some safety choice in the otherwise bland list entry level automatic cars without any safety features.

I strongly believe, Maruti should equip the Celerio with ABS and dual airbags. It will be even better if safety is not a differentiating factor, like they have done with the Baleno variants.

Had the Celerio AMT been equipped with ABS + Dual airbags, I would have been the proud owner of one right now. I am sure there are many like me who had decided to stay away from Celerio owing to its lack of any safety features.
Old 9th November 2015, 17:00   #11
Team-BHP Support

What is the difference between a wagon r and a regular stingray?
Old 9th November 2015, 19:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
What is the difference between a wagon r and a regular stingray?
Xenon headlamps
Different grill
Different tail gate badges

Mostly cosmetic and brand positioning items. Mechanically, they are both identical. Maruti could have given the StingRay a reworked ECU atleast so that it could pull away from the normal WagonR at the traffic signal grand prixs
TheARUN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 19:23   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Maruti could have given the StingRay a reworked ECU atleast so that it could pull away from the normal WagonR at the traffic ?signal grand prixs
We can never be happy can we ?

WagonR will always remain a Practical car and not something that can boast a superior 0-60 timing to zip through soon after that light turns Green.

Having said that, the AMT is not a lazy box at all. I agree that the shifting is not sporty but hey, those who are looking for a Sporty and practical hatch will look elsewhere and Maruti isn't bothered about that anyway.

As an old man if he prefers driving a WagonR and he will never say No. Ask the same old man if he will be happy to drive the same with an AMT and he would be delighted.

Practicality, ease of ingress and egress is the USP Of this with roomy and airy feel from the inside - The AMT will only add the convenience part to it above the current offerings.
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 19:30   #14
BANNED

Wow! That's a good one by Maruti, have to appreciate them for giving an option of airbags in base variants for AMT. Most people had no choice when it comes to automatic, either you have to buy a fully loaded or middle variant. There would be lot of people who would warm upto the idea of automatic if they are provided in base variants. Hope the morons at Ford, Honda and Volkswagen realise their stupidity. I think the time of automatics have arrived,it's only a matter of time before every manufacturer will come out with automatic variants for all models. The one who is going to hit the jackpot would be the one bringing out a diesel automatic hatchback.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 20:00   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Wow! That's a good one by Maruti, have to appreciate them for giving an option of airbags in base variants for AMT. Most people had no choice when it comes to automatic, either you have to buy a fully loaded or middle variant. There would be lot of people who would warm upto the idea of automatic if they are provided in base variants. Hope the morons at Ford, Honda and Volkswagen realise their stupidity. I think the time of automatics have arrived,it's only a matter of time before every manufacturer will come out with automatic variants for all models. The one who is going to hit the jackpot would be the one bringing out a diesel automatic hatchback.
Slight correction. There is no AMT in the base variant. AMT is only available in the VXI and VXI(O). The dual airbags and ABS will be available in the LXI also as an option.

This is actually big news. Dual Airbags and ABS across the range that too from Maruti is huge. And that too in a top selling model. I guess this makes the Wagon R the cheapest car with Dual Airbags and ABS. Good to see Maruti finally focus on safety. Once Maruti does it, everyone else has to follow suit.

The VXI(O) AMT is also good news. Glad to see they did not restrict the AMT to only the VXI.

With the cheaper Wagon R AMT getting dual Airbags and ABS, guess it is just a matter of time before the Celerio variants are equipped the same way.

As per the below report on IAB, the Swift/Swift Dzire will get the AMT before the end of the financial year. With the Dzire Diesel AMT also spotted testing, assume that will also come out soon. Since the Wagon R gets safety features across the range, would be safe to assume that the Sift/Dzire will also get that as an option.

Wow, are we going to see safety features as standard across our mass market models much sooner than expected?

Quote:
Sources have confirmed to Indian Autos Blog that the Maruti Swift series (hatchback or the Swift Dzire compact sedan) will receive the low-cost, yet convenient AMT technology this financial year.
Source Link: IAB
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks