Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 20:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh

Quote:
Finally here! I can't tell you of the number of folk who were waiting for the WagonR Automatic. Mr. Practical is now also Mr. Convenient
Absolutely. And with the Airbags making it feel safe as well. Many who own this have always upgraded to another wagon R. Tells us what a utility car this little car is.

In fact some prefer this for size, comfort in city and space most importantly.

Great to see this.
Old 9th November 2015, 20:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

I don't care much for the AMT, but I'm glad they put the passenger airbag back into the car. You read that right! The Wagon-R actually had dual airbags before Maruti thought it was better to offer a cooled glovebox instead of the passenger airbag.

We're on the lookout for a city runabout and the Wagon-R goes right back on our options list!
Old 9th November 2015, 21:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Too bad that MSIL didn't offer the AMT in LXi(O) for both WagonR and Stingray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
What is the difference between a wagon r and a regular stingray?
The main differences are as follows:
1) All black interiors
2) Projector headlights + a Transparent grille which looks very weird
3) Different taillights + Badging
4) Side skirts + Different bumpers
5) Alloy wheels in gunmetal grey
6) Also some additional kit like Steering mounted controls, Tachometer for LXi variant etc.
Old 10th November 2015, 07:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I don't care much for the AMT, but I'm glad they put the passenger airbag back into the car. You read that right! The Wagon-R actually had dual airbags before Maruti thought it was better to offer a cooled glovebox instead of the passenger airbag.

We're on the lookout for a city runabout and the Wagon-R goes right back on our options list!
Yes. They used to offer an option on Vxi trim with Airbags and ABS. And if I remember correctly it is mostly made on order with a 2 -3 month waiting.

If my memory serves right, WagonR also had an automatic long time ago.
Old 10th November 2015, 10:57   #20
BHPian

Any idea when it will be launched? Official press release just states "will offer" AGS in Wagon R and Stingray. Official website also indicates the old information.

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 10th November 2015 at 11:03.
Old 10th November 2015, 19:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMindia View Post
Finally a Maruti AMT with ABS+ Airbags? Or is it just the dual airbags in WagonR. I think Maruti Wagor R would give some safety choice in the otherwise bland list entry level automatic cars without any safety features.

I strongly believe, Maruti should equip the Celerio with ABS and dual airbags. It will be even better if safety is not a differentiating factor, like they have done with the Baleno variants.

Had the Celerio AMT been equipped with ABS + Dual airbags, I would have been the proud owner of one right now. I am sure there are many like me who had decided to stay away from Celerio owing to its lack of any safety features.
Isnt the celerio already offered with the Optional Safety Pack which adds ABS and Airbags (Dual) ??
Old 11th November 2015, 11:21   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Isnt the celerio already offered with the Optional Safety Pack which adds ABS and Airbags (Dual) ??
Yes, just checked their website to confirm that they have added optional safety packs to Vxi and Zxi trims of AMT too.

There was no 'Optional' ABS , or passenger side air bag at the time I was taking my decision. It was only available on the Manual then which was not VFM .
Old 13th November 2015, 09:41   #23
BHPian

The paint job appears funky. It sure beats the corvette stingray in the looks department. Lol.
Old 18th November 2015, 20:27   #24
BHPian

So, I was in the market currently to buy an auto box for my wife. And I saw the Wagon R AMT, and to say the least this car seems to be a perfect city run about for me to buy. The on road price for Mumbai quoted by the dealer for Vxi is 5.60 (incl. 10K discount) but for the one without airbags and abs. If i go in for the vxi o option, the cost will go upto 6.04 and he is saying that there are no discounts. The VXI is available for delivery immediately, where as the one with airbags and abs will take two months.

The primary purpose of this car is to be a city run about, used majorly by my wife to drop my kid off to school and some city errands. I do not foresee usage beyond 5-6 kms a day. But I might take it to my office at times, and who knows - if the wagon r turns out to be very comfortable, we might take it on a one -off long drive.

What is the general recommendation, should I go in for the VXi with the immediate gratification of ready delivery, or should I be a little patient and go in for the VXi (o).
Old 18th November 2015, 20:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post

What is the general recommendation, should I go in for the VXi with the immediate gratification of ready delivery, or should I be a little patient and go in for the VXi (o).
Go for the VXI - O. A 2 months wait will get you a 2016 registration. Besides the ABS and airbags are a useful safety feature and worth the extra price. Having an AMT you never know, you might just end up driving more than 5-6kms a day.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 18th November 2015 at 20:44.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 20:49   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to the previous post. Recommend going for the VXI (O). Safety features can be useful irrespective of whether you are driving 6 km or 100 km. And since the option is available, makes sense to go for it.

You can also look at the Celerio ZXI AMT. I assume that may be more readily available.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 09:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Go for the VXI - O. A 2 months wait will get you a 2016 registration. Besides the ABS and airbags are a useful safety feature and worth the extra price. Having an AMT you never know, you might just end up driving more than 5-6kms a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
+1 to the previous post. Recommend going for the VXI (O). Safety features can be useful irrespective of whether you are driving 6 km or 100 km. And since the option is available, makes sense to go for it.

You can also look at the Celerio ZXI AMT. I assume that may be more readily available.
Thank you Jay and Rajeev. I am also coming around to the thought that it makes more sense to go in for the VXi(O) option.

By the way, the celerio ZXi has a wait of over four months. And I like the Wagon R better. It feels more premium over the Celerio (a completely personal opinion), and the major difference for me was with the ingress and egress. With the Wagon R, you just walk in where as you do have to bend a bit to get in to the Celerio. The wagon R might be better with the duty it is intended to perform - as the second car which will be used majorly by my wife and parents - to whom the ease of getting in and seating will be more beneficial.
an_and is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 12:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
The on road price for Mumbai quoted by the dealer for Vxi If i go in for the vxi o option, the cost will go upto 6.04 and he is saying that there are no discounts.

Hi an_and. Who did you get the quote from?
Old 19th November 2015, 15:04   #29
BHPian

This is great but now my confusion increases to buy an AMT car!

Any opinions on Alto vs Celerio vs WagonR vs Stingway vs Kwid (apparently launching in Jan)? This car would primarily for my wife for daily chores.
Old 19th November 2015, 20:15   #30
BANNED

Was at Varun Motors to check the Facelift Ertiga so while I was at it, spotted the WagonR AMT standing at one corner. Didn't drive it but it will be similar to my Alto K10 AMT.

A big disadvantage IMO is the availability of the AMT which is only in VXi and VXi(O). The choice of AMT in LXi variant would have been excellent. What a missed opportunity Maruti!

Everything in the car is same as the regular one except for the badging at the rear and the gear console area change.

The "Auto Gear Shift" Badging below the "VXi":
Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh-img_20151119_155355.jpg

The AMT gear lever:
Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh-img_20151119_155623.jpg

AMT gear lever comparison: (Left - Alto K10 & Right - WagonR)
Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh-dsc_0145horz.jpg

Some positives compared to my Alto K10:
  • There is ample space vertically and horizontally too;
  • There is the most important thing that the K10 misses - "CUP HOLDERS". In total there are 3 of them with two on dashboard on either end's and 1 ahead of the gear lever. What a relief!

Attaching the price list for the WagonR (New)

Maruti launches WagonR & Stingray VXi AMT at Rs. 4.77 / 4.99 lakh-wagonr.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Any opinions on Alto vs Celerio vs WagonR vs Stingway vs Kwid (apparently launching in Jan)? This car would primarily for my wife for daily chores.
IMO since it is for your wife, I'd say go for the Alto K10 but overall I feel the WagonR will be great too.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th November 2015 at 20:25.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks