Team-BHP - Vehicle Fitness Certificate - Renew from anywhere in India!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Vehicle Fitness Certificate - Renew from anywhere in India! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170093-vehicle-fitness-certificate-renew-anywhere-india.html)

The road transport ministry, Government of India, has put up a proposal, which will allow vehicle owners to renew fitness certificates for their vehicles anywhere in the country irrespective of the city or town they are registered in.

According to the proposal, an inspecting officer other than the inspecting officer in the office of registering can issue a fitness certificate if the necessary tests are conducted by him. The inspection result has to be uploaded on a portal and a hard copy has to be sent to the registering authority within 15 days. The driver of the vehicle will also get a copy of the report.

Authorities will be able to tally the driver’s copy of the report with the report available on the portal and verify its genuineness.

This step will come as a relief for vehicle owners as they will not have to travel to any particular location to get their vehicle’s fitness certificate renewed. At present, these certificates are renewable only by inspectors of government-approved facilities in states where the vehicle is registered.

Long-haul truck owners are likely to benefit most from this move. The ministry has claimed that it has received complaints from truck owners and vehicle operators regarding the harassment they face while obtaining fitness certificates while the vehicles are in other states.

Source: ET Auto

A fantastic move clap:clap:.

Trucks spend a lot of time outside of their home state, hence it makes things very convenient for them.

But even for private car owners, it's a step in the right direction. Say, you have an old Vintage car in Mumbai, but it's registered out of the city (or even the State). Driving an old car long distance on the highway isn't practical or safe. Now, you only have to visit the Tardeo RTO and get your certificate.

Hope this proposal sees the light of day soon.

RTO offices are cesspools of corruption. The less powers they have the less corruption the vehicle owners will have to deal with.

I am sure states will fight this proposal tooth and nail as it will reduce income on and off the table for them.

Does this mean that I can get FC on two wheelers too from any RTO?

A nice initiative and I hope it can be implemented. This will be a big step in ensuring that we start having a unified data pool of vehicles. But would it not need the law to be amended as the current law requires that the vehicle has to be re registered in the state of residence. If it is so then the FC would also be issued by the current RTO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorBlades (Post 3845831)
Does this mean that I can get FC on two wheelers too from any RTO?

Yes. If this proposal goes through, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to. Due to the sheer volume, bike owners will perhaps be the largest beneficiary of this rule change.