Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2006, 14:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
I disagree. It takes years to build brand loyalty that Hondas and Toyotas command. A hype or blitz would have only resulted in more money going down the drain for HM/Mistsubishi.
I disagree with you here. Look at what Hyundai's achieved in our market, pre-1998 how many people knew of a car company called Hyundai? Virtually none but that didn't deter them. Using decent products and good marketing including a huge Publicity Blitz using that hamster (Shahrukh Khan!) they have made a brand name & image for themsleves. Hell, they've become house hold names in India. Using the right marketing Mitsubishi could have done this too especially since Mitsubishi was still better known than Hyundai was due to numerous imports of Pajero's & Lancer's during the 80's & 90's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
How many on Team-BHP would buy Cedia over Corolla/Civic ? All the forums are replete with questions about Corolla vs Civic vs Octavia. I would imagine that people on this forum are more aware about Cars and do not need a marketing blitz to know that Cedia exists!
Let me give you an example for this - Last night one of my friends who has decent knowledge of cars being sold in the market was discussing them with me & one more friend. Now he's debating between the innova & Fiesta Diesel and my other friend says why don't you look at a Cedia and he goes " A Cedia? What's that??" Imagine a scenario where if a prospective customer doesn't know your product even exists in the market, then how are you going to sell it? The customer should first know about a car existing only then can he think about buying it.

As for us not dicussing or comparing the Cedia well that's simply because it's a generation behind the Civic and it's failed to make a spot in the market.
Old 15th September 2006, 16:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
I disagree with you here. Look at what Hyundai's achieved in our market, pre-1998 how many people knew of a car company called Hyundai? Virtually none but that didn't deter them. Using decent products and good marketing including a huge Publicity Blitz using that hamster (Shahrukh Khan!) they have made a brand name & image for themsleves. Hell, they've become house hold names in India. Using the right marketing Mitsubishi could have done this too especially since Mitsubishi was still better known than Hyundai was due to numerous imports of Pajero's & Lancer's during the 80's & 90's.
Not a fair comparison. Hyundai have their own production facility, have a reputation of introducing current products and very good after sales service. And oh! they have products in several segments and are not one hit wonders. In short, they are committed to Indian Market and it shows. So, when they spend money on Marketing, it makes a lot sense.

I get a sense that we are talking different things. You are more talking about awareness of Cedia (the fact that it exists) among those who are planning to buy cars. I am talking a lot more (brand loyalty as opposed to brand recognition or awareness) than that.

The best way to ask the question would be. How many current Mitsubishi Lancer owners would upgrade to Cedia ?

I have just realized that I have been going way Off Topic on this and several other threads. My bad!
Old 15th September 2006, 18:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Well yes after reading this post I realise we are on about different things. I am talking about Awareness & Popularity whereas you are talking about Loyalty.

And Mitsubishi had a great customer base with the Lancer but they have squandered it away with poor planning & poor products.
Old 16th September 2006, 09:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

How come each and every Mitsubishi thread turns into a Mitsu Bashing thread?

Agreed that HM is not doing justice to Mitsubishi but that doesnt mean that we need to have N number of threads ending with the same discussion.

I dont understand why Moderators dont take any action. On the one side you want to improve the quality of the website and lock threads which are recurring and on the other there are various threads like this.

Search for the threads starting with mitsubishi and you will see what I mean.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 16th September 2006 at 09:34.
Old 19th September 2006, 04:18   #20

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well its more like.....let me relate.
when you expect your kid to come first and he fails,you bash him up.doesnt mean you dont love him anymore.

its just that everybody expects mitsu to be more proactive.
i love mitsubishi.... (see no more bashing)
Old 19th September 2006, 07:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

LOL. Good one. Why not have a proper Mitsu bashing thread. Lets provide the actual information here for what the thread is made for. That's my point.
Old 19th September 2006, 08:45   #22

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
LOL. Good one. Why not have a proper Mitsu bashing thread. Lets provide the actual information here for what the thread is made for. That's my point.
yup we can start a mitsu bashing thread and ask the moderators to make it into a sticky.and whenever anybody wants to vent off steam,can do so in this thread. we can call the thread "mitsubashi"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks