Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2017, 18:40   #2596
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

I happened to see a Test Drive Nexon at a satellite showroom. I reversed and went there. I was straight away offered test drive. Ingress is pretty hassle free. Road view is commanding. Footwell is spacious enough.
With my setting for driver's seat, there is ample space for rear passenger. Clutch is very smooth, gear box too is smoother than in Zest. Pity is I couldn't drive for more than 100 metres, I was slow in getting off, concentrating more on interiors. So couldn't comment on pick up or NVH levels.

Just as I approached highway, the SA sheepishly pointed out that the car has almost no diesel. We turned back. He offered a proper test drive after filling up diesel. I was in a hurry. I said I will return later.

Coming from Zest, I didn't find the interior space overwhelming. Make note that it's very spacious but as I am used to Zest, I am not particularly awed.

One sits even higher in Nexon than in Zest. GC is obvious from outside but I didn't find it much different. Other users might find it quite different, though.

My friend, who sat in the rear, says the rear seat is quite low and Zest's is better in height. I sat for a few seconds in the rear, right behind the driver seat. I didn't find any problem in getting in or getting out. I had ample legroom. I am surprised at his observation but I think he is comparing it with the Zest's. He owns a Dzire and he uses my Zest as much as I use his Dzire, which is fairly regular.

Couldn't find time to wait for diesel to be filled up, so I left. May be tomorrow shall I take a Test Drive.

Last edited by simplyself : 27th September 2017 at 18:57.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 19:01   #2597
BHPian

I got a call from my SA at Concorde Malad showroom today morning.

He informed that a Glasgow Gray Tata Nexon XZ+ is being dispatched to their showroom and I'm first in line! They are expecting the delivery to be made by 1st week of October instead of by Diwali that they had promised earlier. Got a verification call from their head office too confirming my chosen variant and colour.

Concorde has also revised their price list and have reduced the handling charges and the insurance rated quoted previously. XZ+ Diesel is now coming for just a shade above 11 big ones.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170927wa0009.jpg  

aman9393 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 19:18   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
I got a call from my SA at Concorde Malad showroom today morning.

He informed that a Glasgow Gray Tata Nexon XZ+ is being dispatched to their showroom and I'm first in line! They are expecting the delivery to be made by 1st week of October instead of by Diwali that they had promised earlier. Got a verification call from their head office too confirming my chosen variant and colour.

Concorde has also revised their price list and have reduced the handling charges and the insurance rated quoted previously. XZ+ Diesel is now coming for just a shade above 11 big ones.
Congrats! You should still try to get that Handling charges, 30 big ones for accessories and a bit of insurance premium shaved off from that quotation. You can easily save 50k
Old 27th September 2017, 19:23   #2599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Congrats! You should still try to get that Handling charges, 30 big ones for accessories and a bit of insurance premium shaved off from that quotation. You can easily save 50k
Handling Charges I'm trying to get rid off. About Insurance premium they have promised it for around 29k with zero dep and engine protect.

I'm trying negotiate on accessories but so far they are not giving up anything being a new car and seeing the demand it's generating. But still those mud flaps and floor mats should be part of standard equipment. Will talk to my SA tomorrow and try to squeeze them out and also a couple more things.
Old 27th September 2017, 20:00   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
AutoPortal has now DISABLED COMMENTS for this video. Hilarious..!!
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=9gIww1lMjRM
Yes, finally this guy paid dearly for his comic reviews. It may be that his often quoted mother-in-law has a hand in this, .
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 20:42   #2601
Distinguished - BHPian

Some detailed pics of the XM variant, shared by my good friend DJ Bro.

The dashboard section. Plastics, quality and finish are good.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1.jpeg

How it all lights up in the dark.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image6.jpeg

Central storage area doesn't get the tambour door & armrest. Armrest can be fixed, though.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image2.jpeg

Rear passengers get this large cubbyhole instead of the rear AC vents.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image3.jpeg

A deep socket provided in place of the Start/Stop button. Not of much use.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image7.jpeg

Small-sized display of the HU. Easy to use and the quality of the sound output is good.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image12.jpeg

Keys slot in easily into the keyhole, unlike some other Tatas.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image4.jpeg

No chrome door knob, piano black finish instead of brushed metal, and no fabric inserts provided on the door pads.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image5.jpeg

Foglamp section has just a plastic filling.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image8.jpeg

Tail lamps are different in lighting up, compared to the XZ+. Only the outer half of the LED strip lights up when the headlamps are on.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image9.jpeg

With the brake pedal applied. Only the bottom-end section lights up.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image10.jpeg

The single reversing lamp at the bottom center.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image11.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 20:48   #2602
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to take a TD this weekend, Concorde motors have assured me of a Petrol version for a test drive.
Old 27th September 2017, 20:52   #2603
BHPian

Thank you for that RavenAvi. Looking at the pics of all the variants, I feel that only the top end XZ+ trim is worth considering. Somehow, the interiors on the other models are not looking as plush and classy as the one in XZ+. This is purely based on seeing the pics though.
DieselAddikt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 21:07   #2604
BHPian

Tata Motors Eyeing 10,000 Bookings Of Nexon In 30 Days

http://businessworld.in/article/Tata...9-2017-127116/

This does not look like a statement from the company though.
Old 27th September 2017, 21:16   #2605
Senior - BHPian

So finally met up with the good folks at Concorde, Dairy Circle and finalized. The sales folks are completely energized, goes to show what a great product can do for morale. They have a professional outlook and don't talk through the hat.

If I dont get delivery tomorrow, it's going to be a long wait as they're off for the festival. Fingers crossed.
Old 27th September 2017, 21:17   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Handling Charges I'm trying to get rid off. About Insurance premium they have promised it for around 29k with zero dep and engine protect.

I'm trying negotiate on accessories but so far they are not giving up anything being a new car and seeing the demand it's generating. But still those mud flaps and floor mats should be part of standard equipment. Will talk to my SA tomorrow and try to squeeze them out and also a couple more things.
30k for accessories is outright outrageous Sir. In the meanwhile, send a mail as well tweet to Tata Motors. I'm one can live without those accessories, or better yet can get for a much lesser price in the market. These ain't electrical parts, so the fear of losing out on warranty is also not there.
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 22:25   #2607
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

A deep socket provided in place of the Start/Stop button. Not of much use.
Not of much use, but still aesthetically looks way ahead compared to the dummy buttons seen on other cars. Very good thinking by TATA Motors here.
Old 27th September 2017, 22:45   #2608
BHPian

Had a short test drive of the Nexon today. Went to Malayalam Motors,Aluva. Gotta say, the staff were very energetic and welcoming. I took my Vento to go there, just so that I could perceive the differences in the motors which had identical power and torque ratings.

Get into the cabin, push the start stop button and the first thing you notice is how silent the motor is. Coming from a loud 1.6TDI, this was a pleasant surprise. It's not as refined as a Hyundai diesel, but very much there. Some vibrations can be felt on the clutch pedal, but it's not much. I gotta say this, the instrument pod and steering wheel does look a bit out of place. When I adjusted the steering for my driving position, it was obscuring the dials. A telescopic steering would've worked wonders in this case. Maybe some playing around with the seat height would help. Also, the dials and the MID screen looks cheap on the otherwise well appointed interiors. Give some gas and the car moves forward without any drama. The power delivery is linear...very very linear. No pushing back into the seats. And the refinement really is good. Clutch is really light,a boon in city traffic. Gear shift quality is good, but a bit notchy. I would've preferred a shorter throw. Also didn't like the fact that I had to lift my forearm off the non adjustable hand rest to shift gears. Brakes are confidence inspiring. Slotted into reverse and realised that the reverse view cam is a disaster in low light conditions. All grainy and poor resolution. Come on Tata!

Comparing it to a VW 1.6TDI, it's no surprise that the Vento is much more eager to launch forward. And the gearing is spot on for some enthusiastic driving. The Nexon motor feels subdued. It's no slouch. There's adequate performance on tap. But it's calm and relaxed and should be a great cruiser. It's more tuned towards comfort than performance. I'm sure I'll show up for some more TD's. Sure looks promising this new kid on the block
GKR9900 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 23:04   #2609
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, pics of the elusive Seattle Silver-coloured Nexon.

Courtesy TAI member Beattheroad.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_1222.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_1219.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_1221.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_1220.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 23:47   #2610
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Glasslow grey looks to be the best color of all five. Silver color is having lesser contrast with the ceramic plating. Will work for those who want less flashy exteriors.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed