Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 3946517)
I am from a different car manufacturer, but still I can assure you that adding a leather seat at this stage in a vehicle development is not an easy task. It takes its own sweet time - right from material and colour selection, to cost negotiation, to actual development and then testing - so if Tata had not planned for it already, adding it now would be next to impossible.

Sorry to throw a bomb on your bubble :D

Well, I have been spoilt by the leather steering and seats of my 8 yr old Fiesta. Its one of the best steering to hold on to and that's the primary reason as to why i want the leather interiors. Also factory fitted is the best, till date the only modification that I have done to my car is change the headset. Fiesta has one of the best speakers and looks like Tata has got this also covered with the Tiago.

I also hope the AMT is launched in top end version with hill hold assist like the one in Duster.

The way Tiagos suspension has been tuned, i have no doubts that the Nexon would also have a good ride. I am eagerly looking forward for this beauty from Tata.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillout (Post 3942787)
I hope someone at Tata is looking at this thread, if yes, please launch the top end with leather steering and seats.

You'll be surprised with how many Tata engineers and employees read the Team-bhp thread. Infact I was blown away when I heard it.

They are surely going lengths with the Nexon, and if the top end goes beyond 10L they can make use of the same supplier as Hexa for the top most quality interior trim.

By the time Tata launches Nexon, the current market frenzy around compact SUV would have settled, with brezza having shipped it's millionth piece and Huyndai introducing their 5th refresh model of Creta, while other small players would have found its pie with Taxi Aggregators. Then comes Nexon with a mouth-watering price, and still end up dud.
Market is all about timing. It's now or never for nexus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishpr (Post 3949037)
By the time Tata launches Nexon, the current market frenzy around compact SUV would have settled, with brezza having shipped it's millionth piece and Huyndai introducing their 5th refresh model of Creta, while other small players would have found its pie with Taxi Aggregators. Then comes Nexon with a mouth-watering price, and still end up dud.
Market is all about timing. It's now or never for nexus.

+1
No doubt that Tata Motors are lethargic in launches. The problem I feel they face are the pricing and placing of their products and selecting the right marketing strategy.
They need to pull their acts together for both their Nexon and Hexa launches.

I had visited Tata showroom couple of days back for Tiago test drive. The service advisor mentioned that Nexon will launch in another 4 months.

Read on the Hexa thread that with the Innova around the corner, Tata needs to launch it now!

Tiago had to launch now!

Sway (or whatever it'll be eventually called) will need to wrest back the CS pie, hence launch now!

Nexon is probably the best launch slated from the Company, it needs to launch now!

Then even if the company manages to launch two or more products in quick succession, we crib about it being "too soon" and their marketing heads "too mired". (Remember the Ford Aspire and Figo anyone?)

Relax guys, trust me, even I want this baby to come as soon as possible, but like was told to Chulbul Pandey "iss me jitna waqt lagta hai, utna toh lagega Sir. In this matter, all matter the same". I wish Tata the best, and give them the time to come up with a launch that people later can't complain of being too hastened nor a campaign that's undercooked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balajisv (Post 3949117)
+1
The service advisor mentioned that Nexon will launch in another 4 months.

Possible, but reading the comments by Tata motors' head honcho's in the Nexon review by Autocar (magazine), it seems it will take more than that.

Mentioned that they were currently working on/testing mileage, NVH issues which will take a couple of months. Post that, they will take another couple of months to package and release the car. Possibly 2017!

Also makes me wonder why is Tata motors not taking about the 2017 safety norms. Maruti addressed Brezza safety concerns by simply saying that it was complaint. Does that mean that cars like the Tiago (and earlier Zest) are not? Why not simply get the cars tested and start marketing it? Imagine a combined VRDE test result + safety test result marketing!!

Not sure if posted earlier, Autocar have the pictures posted on their site:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gal...ry-400018.aspx

Sorry forgot to add.... wow... wow... wow!!! If those are the interiors I might think I'm sitting in a Merc or BMW. Awesome job TML.

Some pics of the Tata Nexon.

The car looks quite funky and stylish, I would have loved some more meat on the rear bumper. Currently the rear bumper looks bad when viewed from the side profile, plus a small hit on the rear would mean a proper hatch + bumper repair/replacement. A proper rear bumper would have made the car look better from the side angle.

Source: ACI

There are some very obvious Jaguar and Land Rover inputs to the interior design. The knob for terrain response system is pure Jaguar. And the instrument binnacle & grab bar next to the passenger seat is very Discovery. Looks awesome, all in all!

Is the seat fabric going to be changed for the production version? Looked like something out of the early 1990's to me. Or maybe it is just the way is looks in the photos?

This surely doesn't look like a TATA car. Kudos to TATA for their efforts to reestablish themselves. Nexon looks awesome so does Hexa and Tiago. Its high time TATA launches Nexon before its too late.

Looks very futuristic compared to the docile Brezza and the odd Mahindra twins. But I am feeling there are too many colors on the outside. They should remove the white lining and the silver layers.

The new design language from Tata Motors is good and hoping that with the right pricing as Tiago, this makes Renault drop prices on the expensive Duster variants which I am sure are already feeling the heat from Brezza.

I think Nexon is a car which grows on you. I was not so impressed when I first saw the pics but this thing has a "desirability" around it. Something which I noticed from the above pics

1. Push button start
2. A different handbrake lever
3. rear A/C vents

And yes, the dash display is definitely another USP along with the 110 bhp with 6 speed gearbox.

Hope they test the engine as much as they want since it's a new one. I would love to see an endurance run done for this vehicle too, probably to the tune of a lakh kilometer, just to be sure it's a reliable unit like the MJDs.

Edit:
@TATA - Cmon, that Auto AC buttons on the console demand a display along with it for the bling factor!!! That vacant space is such a turn off and doesn't give the vibes of an Auto AC vehicle! PLEASE!

Looks too flashy for me. They should reduce the multi coloured exterior tones to just two-tone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 3951260)
Looks too flashy for me. They should reduce the multi coloured exterior tones to just two-tone.

Agree.. Some simpler color options would be nice too...

The interiors look great
Exterior as suggested above keep it 2 tone at the max. This looks too busy.
As it is with this colour scheme you remind me of the cool cab here in Mumbai
The Cab thing doesn't get away from you, right?

Cmon launch it before the festive season.