Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 21:32   #1651
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Absolutely love Nexon now

Haven't seen any pictures of the interior at night with the lights ON and also no reviews yet of the headlights and the AC performance
Old 28th July 2017, 21:47   #1652
BHPian

In a perfect world we will have a lot of other things to wish for than just "not having a loose panel", isn't it ? It could be panoramic sunroof, 150 bhp, 8 speed DCT etc etc at 10L OTR. I always thought tight panels are "BASIC" now a days. Never saw loose interior bits in cars from other manufactures, hence the conclusion. I may be wrong though ! May be all cars have lose bits. However, I am not aware of that.

By the way, embargo on what ? On talking about what we see in the video that is out in the public domain ? Here we are not "assuming" that the panel is loose. It is there for us to see. Did you not see it ? I definitely did !
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 21:59   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
By the way, embargo on what ? On talking about what we see in the video that is out in the public domain ? Here we are not "assuming" that the panel is loose. It is there for us to see. Did you not see it ? I definitely did !
You're pretty late to the party, mate. And I see what you're getting at. The thread has gone on to generate a lot of greenhouse gases by all the people who haven't even had the chance to look at it and going by what they can or want to infer from various reviewers who have their own agendas. So, it's getting to be a whole lot of fumes and little else here. You come back after a couple of hours to see the same jibes at each other or for/against Tata while none of us know what it is.

We will have a review from the team here shortly, which to the greatest extent is as unbiased as possible. An embargo is for people to settle down instead of blowing steam here. No offense to anyone but it's getting a bit too much.

On the loose panel issue, no, I haven't had a look and frankly speaking, it doesn't matter. A loose panel can be fixed with relative ease and that wouldn't be the reason why I would reject a car as I have had experience across the spectrum of cars available from different manufacturers. Any doubts, check my signature that might pop elsewhere.

Last edited by discoverwild : 28th July 2017 at 22:14.
Old 28th July 2017, 22:03   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Never saw loose interior bits in cars from other manufactures, hence the conclusion. I may be wrong though ! May be all cars have lose bits.
May be

The sample any normal person would have is too sample IMO. Is it too much to give them some benefit of doubt when what we know is so little and there could be so many other factors that could have played a part.

The other day I happened to use a Dzire that had the glove box rattling so much. Does it mean all Dzires have poor fit and finish? It would be totally wrong to conclude anything to put it mildly.

And in a perfect world, this NDTV page won't be comparing the petrol Nexon with diesel Brezza, you know what I mean

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-nexo...arison-1730518

Last edited by prakash_ajp : 28th July 2017 at 22:15. Reason: Another point
prakash_ajp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 22:06   #1655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any clue from your sources when the test drives would start? Will it be post launch, or would they be conducting "Experience" events as with the Hexa?
Display cars are scheduled to reach the dealerships by the end of the first week of August. Cars for deliveries will start reaching the dealerships in September.

Some dealers do let their customers have a test drive around in these itself, so it basically depends on the dealer.

There will be Nexon displays at malls and display cases around the country. As for separate "experience" events, nothing is known yet. Maybe they will plan some events prior to the pricing launch. Unclear for now.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 22:10   #1656
Distinguished - BHPian

Motorbeam's video review,

Old 28th July 2017, 22:32   #1657
BHPian

From what I remember, Hexa media cars had problems too. I think it was about ill-fitted center channel speaker mount, loose tweeter on rear doors and a broken seat height adjuster (or was it a BHPian's car?). Now Nexon has another loose part. Isn't this a trend rather than a one off incident ?

A lot of things can be FIXED. But a loose panel on a brand new car is not something that I desire to see when I buy one.

Rattles are different. That is a direct result of wear and tear and usage patterns. Some cars rattle less and some rattle more. Understandable. My 1.2L run Vista rattles 10x lesser than my friends 60K run car from another popular manufacturer. But here we are talking about relatively new cars that have gone for media drives. These cars are abused, yes. But I wonder why panels stay put in cars from other manufactures. Strange !

No more talk about the loose panel from my side. Goodnight all.
Old 28th July 2017, 22:57   #1658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Can we have an embargo here until the Team-BHP review is out, please?
The actual embargo controversy is still raging on Twitter and social media. We want another one?

OD Mag was criticized heavily for breaking the embargo. Now they (along with few others) have come back at TATA Motors for showing favours to ACI alone in providing a media car 15 days prior and only to ACI.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170728_224629.jpg

Edit - "That issue" in the tweet refers to ACI magazine copy with Nexon as the cover page and as its prime article, being made available on the stands the day media drives (and embargo) started.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th July 2017 at 23:10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 23:14   #1659
BHPian

Renuka Kirpalani of Autocar says Tata is likely to price the Nexon aggressively. Looks like the segment is going to see some serious competition!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170728_231511.png

Last edited by spindoc : 28th July 2017 at 23:17. Reason: Cropped image
spindoc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 23:46   #1660
BHPian

Here's a review of the Nexon from Motoroids - the title says it all! Well-written & fairly comprehensive IMHO, with a great set of images too.

This is their conclusion.

Quote:
Better than the Competition?
As a product, the Tata Nexon has met and surpassed all our expectations we’ve had from it. For the average consumer who compares things on paper before making a decision, sure it falls short on offering camphoric features like a sunroof and cruise control. To offset that, it offers much more that you wouldn’t find elsewhere. And if you would believe us, you would rather trade what is superficial for a mechanically strong and accomplished product, which the Tata Nexon definitely is. The stellar ride quality, competitive engines, watertight packaging, and the overall comfort is at par and even stands apart from what the competition has to offer. And that is if you aren’t sold by the way it looks already.
Link: Tata Nexon Review: Homegrown Virtuoso

Last edited by spindoc : 28th July 2017 at 23:55. Reason: Fixed typo
spindoc is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 23:49   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Of course the pricing will be aggressive.. it's a TATA and we are in India

As for me, just make the Nexon as refined as a Maruti and I am quite comfortable paying for the Nexon what the Brezza is priced at.
Old 28th July 2017, 23:52   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Edit - "That issue" in the tweet refers to ACI magazine copy with Nexon as the cover page and as its prime article, being made available on the stands the day media drives (and embargo) started.
No wonder.. as I said, the ACI review must be shot near Ranjangaon as same location was seen during Compass review. You can even see a Compass during this Nexon review
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 23:56   #1663
BHPian

Close look at the instrument cluster. Shows total distance, current trip, door open / close status and instant fuel economy
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg

Not too much under body protection
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2.jpg

DRLs in action
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3.jpg

Beautiful LED tail lamps
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.jpg

Rear AC vents with speed control. Don't think too many cars come with speed control for rear Ac vents
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-5.jpg

12V port for rear passengers is behind the rear seat. Possibly the only not so practical solution in Nexon
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-rear.png

Source: Twitter

Last edited by damager21 : 29th July 2017 at 00:08.
damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 00:04   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Close look at the instrument cluster. Shows total distance, current trip, door open / close status

Rear AC vents with speed control. Don't think too many cars come with speed control for rear Ac vents
Attachment 1661818

Source: Twitter
as per Zigwheels, that rear AC does not have any cooling. It just sucks interior air and throws back through the vents. I dont know what exactly he wanted to say !!
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 00:04   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Close look at the instrument cluster. Shows total distance, current trip, door open / close status

Instant fuel economy of 30 kmpl
Attachment 1661814
If you closely look it ranges from 0 to 30, which is on par with all cars were maximum unit which may be recorded. Also below 0 we can see a bar, similar bar is present till 30 but which is not lit.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks