Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2017, 10:45   #1741
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

In the video shared by RavenAvi, the engine grunt is very audible inside the cabin. Even over the loud music. Maybe that was partly coz they were heading uphill, and pushing it at that.

Last edited by Blur : 31st July 2017 at 10:51. Reason: Mentioning which video, from the many posted here!
Blur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 10:48   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Beats me to comprehend why should one be bothered with "Outside" NVH levels...
Because it reflects on the refinement of the engine?
Old 31st July 2017, 11:04   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
100kmph comes at 2300rpm in 6th gear as per the reviews.
I found another review which says this:

Quote:
At 70 kmph in 6th gear, the motor is lazily spinning away at just 1,300 rpm.
Would revs jump from 1300 to 2300 for an increase in speed from 70 kph to 100 kph? With sixth gear and larger engine, I am expecting a much relaxed drive.
Old 31st July 2017, 11:06   #1744
BHPian

The powerdrift video seems to praise the refinement of the petrol as well, which was probably the biggest sore point in the Tigor. Wonder if tata can plug this turbocharged variant into the tigor (may be launch a premium geneva edition with this engine)
Old 31st July 2017, 11:10   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post

Would revs jump from 1300 to 2300 for an increase in speed from 70 kph to 100 kph?
You are right, that's very unlikely. So, it looks like if I were to drive this, I will have to reserve the 6th gears solely for the drives on the 4/6 Lane highways. It might not even be suitable for the beautiful state highways in Tamilnadu most of the time, as I normally can't go beyond 80 with the traffic.

Last edited by prakash_ajp : 31st July 2017 at 11:13.
Old 31st July 2017, 11:59   #1746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post

Would revs jump from 1300 to 2300 for an increase in speed from 70 kph to 100 kph? With sixth gear and larger engine, I am expecting a much relaxed drive.
If this is correct then doing the math, 100 kph should come at 1857 rpm or roughly 1900 rpm as quoted in a post somewhere else on this thread.
Old 31st July 2017, 12:42   #1747
Senior - BHPian

When will the prices get announced or the official launch? Sorry, if I missed this part in the discussion before. Also, any news about the FE?
Old 31st July 2017, 13:34   #1748
BHPian

I have watched almost every single video review of Tata Nexon. But reviewers have some polarizing findings. Some have praised the Petrol, others have praised the diesel and same is with the gearbox and brakes. Some say the touchscreen has a poor resolution, others say it is HD and has a good visibility and so on. Well, most of the things will be clear when team bhp review will come, or when one will personally take Nexon for a spin. But for the time being, everyone is impressed with the overall efforts TATA has put on developing the Nexon. Tata has launched excellent products in the recent years, and every new product is superior to the previous irrespective of it's segment. With Nexon, it seems tata has ticked most of the right boxes.
It is good to know that the turbo-petrol is matching other turbo charged petrol engines in terms of power and torque. Why not a turbo-petrol Tiago/Tigor Tata ? (I am sure buyers will love to bear that extra cost of turbo). I also heard in a review that service interval will be 15000 kms, that means less visits to infamous Tata A.S.S.s.

It seems that Tata has taken market feedback very seriously this time. While maintaining Tata's legacy in ride quality and cabin comfort etc, Nexon has ironed out the short-comings of previous Tata cars. So Nexon is a car which:
1. Is not under-powered like Tigor/Tiago.
2. Doesn't weigh too much like Hexa.
3. Doesn't lack in storage space like Zest/bolt.
4. Comes with safety feautres as standard across the range.
5. Has much sorted ergonomics.
6. Doesn't have a small and poor display of infotainment screen like zest/bolt/tigor/hexa.
7. Does not have poor NVH levels (as compared to Tiago/older Tatas).
8. Comes with a long service interval.

Finally, the price of Nexon will determine how it performs in the sales chart. If it comes at a sensible price, I will surely get one for myself in this festive season.
Udit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 14:26   #1749
BHPian

I know this is way OT, but did anybody check out the pricing of the Compass?

Starting 15 Lakh!

This is sure to put pressure on Tata for the Nexon, Renault for the upcoming Duster refresh, as well as Ford for the upcoming Ecosport refresh.

Sooper news for us guys!
Old 31st July 2017, 14:32   #1750
BHPian

Between this thread and the Compass one, I'm surprised that the servers haven't crashed!
Now that the jeep prices have been revealed things have become really interesting.
Old 31st July 2017, 14:34   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
This is sure to put pressure on Tata for the Nexon, Renault for the upcoming Duster refresh, as well as Ford for the upcoming Ecosport refresh.
If we consider the case of TATA pricing NEXON very bad, it won't be more than 11 Lakh Ex-Showroom for XZ+ variant.
So, I do not expect that Jeep pricing is going to put pressure on TATA for Nexon.
Old 31st July 2017, 14:35   #1752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Starting 15 Lakh!

Sooper news for us guys!
Will not affect the price of the Nexon as they are poles apart. The highest diesel variant of the Nexon is rumoured to be under 10L or thereabouts. At 15L, the basic variant of the Petrol Compass is still about 50% more. I don't see anyone eyeing the Nexon jumping ship to Compass. However, it will definitely give the Hexa, Creta, XUV500 and probably the Innova Crysta (desirability factor) too some good competition. The pricing as such of the Compass is brilliant, even if introductory.

Hope the Nexon price is as exciting too. Another thing I noticed in many reviews was that they missed the foldable cup holders inside the tambour door on the central console.

Last edited by discoverwild : 31st July 2017 at 14:42.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 14:35   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
I am sure that the TeamBHP review is going to delight us while covering the "The Smaller yet Significant Things: in the upcoming review.
Right ! Those are the most interesting bits on any Tbhp review. The fact is most of these small things end up being very key in deciding on cars (for me).

I have not gone through any of the video reviews as yet, It looks like I would take half of my day to get over everything. But would be very key as I am actively adding Nexon as a reason for a new car.

Of course it would all depend on the review from Tbhp.

Quote:
Scooped up space near the dead pedal to accommodate your left leg
Wow ! Thats clever.

Quote:
It has been mentioned that the space ahead of the gear lever is fidgety to access. What if you drop your micro pen-drive there! no problem a dedicated gully to fish it out from the side.
Had this same thing with my 2012 XUV5OO. While this was sorted with the Ecosport - where they pulled them behind the gear lever which again ate up the space of the hand brake. Very tough area to handle for the designers I suppose. And the area near the handbrake are some place which easily eats a lot of dust and not so easy to clean either - the shutter on the Nexon should save it.

The XUV gave us a removable rubber base for easy cleaning, while the Ecosport added with its light grey finish made me clean the are more frequent.

Quote:
Simple and effective solution to avoid bumping your head on the grab handles. Mount them on the roof!
How does this work ? Can someone share a clearer picture. Will scout across the reviews for the same.

Reviewers please add some light to this under "Smaller yet significant things"

Quote:
XL sized aero dams for those wide wheels, also warns some sleeping puppy before you start moving your vehicle
The tyres are almost same as that of the Ecosport while the ones in Ecosport came at 205, while the ones in Nexon are of 215. But here the raised clearance, gives a very prominent look and make the tyres look huge. - but the flaps in front - do they do any help with their relatively small size ? If I remember, the ecosport also has smaller flaps in front.

Quote:
Just look at that bumper extension flowing out to the front and would be a great splash guard
Splash Guard - something sorely missing in the Duster with a similar looking arrangement / gaps between the tyres and body. I remember where the water spalsh from the dusters front tyres used to pull the whole water on to the windshield. And if your door glasses are open - would get even the passengers wet.

Ecosport is far better to Duster on splashing on the windshield at speeds above 40, while the XUV was the most safest - something on the design ?

Are these splash guards on the Nexons practical ?

Leaving the rest of the findings to when i actually get to see the vehicle personally. All the Best TATA NEXON![/quote]

Good Job - with those pics and sharing it across to the forum !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
NEVER EVER WRITE SOMEONE OFF!
Very well written !

On top of this, it would be very interesting for me to know of the lighting during the night / rain etc. It looks like we are talking about a dual head lamp cluster - one in the projector (low) and high beams right next.

While the ecosport had issues with the design of the reflector - which reduced the scope of upgrading. Not to HID - as there was not Projectors.
On the same side - XUV5OOs low beam projectors was also not sufficient. Apparently the projectors were not designed for HIDs and Mahindras did not recommend the same.

Would be great to know more on the same.

Last edited by peterjim13 : 31st July 2017 at 14:39. Reason: Spell Checks
Old 31st July 2017, 15:16   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Starting 15 Lakh!

Sooper news for us guys!
More than these, it would put pressure on Creta, a grossly overpriced mini-SUV. Why would anyone choose Creta over iconic Jeep? I'm sure many wouldn't.
Old 31st July 2017, 15:20   #1755
BHPian

What I was hinting at was, if Jeep has priced the Compass starting 15, imagine what would be the pricing of the upcoming Renegade.

This is sure to give pricing across the board a reality check.
Blur is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks