Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 10:14   #1936
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Ouch. That was savage and now I need a burnol .
Wasn't meant to be. Things happen and we don't have control over it. Look at your finances and if it allows for a change in car, swallow the bitter pill and pick up a diesel, maybe the Nexon.

If not, stick to the Zest for a couple of years and if you're moving up the ladder, change your car then. That way, the pill will be less bitter and you can move on. The Zest will not depreciate much around that and it's still a good car anyway.
Old 14th August 2017, 13:23   #1937
BHPian

I got a call from Tata motors today regarding my interest in Nexon (I registered in their website few weeks back and got a call immediately confirming my registration but I couldn't get any other details at that time).

The caller asked if I am still interested and if so, my details will be passed on to the nearest dealer as the TD vehicles are expected to reach the dealers before this month end. I then asked about the pricing of the car and the representative said that it'll be in the range of Ecosport and Vitara Brezza. I further asked if it'll be lesser than these cars and her answer was that she cannot give any more details at this point as she don't want to convey any false information.

If Tata prices Nexon close to the competition it'll be a big challenge to sell more numbers and I hope they come up with a very competitive introduction pricing.
Old 14th August 2017, 13:40   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneeshN View Post
I got a call from Tata motors today regarding my interest in Nexon (I registered in their website few weeks back and got a call immediately confirming my registration but I couldn't get any other details at that time).

If Tata prices Nexon close to the competition it'll be a big challenge to sell more numbers and I hope they come up with a very competitive introduction pricing.
One of the dealers in mumbai had told me prices will be from 6.5 to 9.5 ex-showroom. Display cars will come after 15th August. Earlier he told me display cars would arrive towards the end of 1st week of august. Let's hope this time he is correct and we will get to see/drive the nexon soon.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 13:49   #1939
Senior - BHPian

I predict 5.99 L starting price for base Nexon Petrol and 6.8-6.99 for base diesel.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 15:11   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
2. Invested in Tata motors stock pinning my hopes on their effort only to see it's value erode by 9% on a single day.

B) The market goes by what it can recall that's why companies spend considerable money on brand recall and if TATA needs to be successful it needs to stay relevant in customer's minds and not fall off the radar. If TATA can't manage that then it's the failure of their marketing team.
Post JLR acquisition and subsequent noticeable improvements in their machines, just like you myself too had hope in their effort, invested in their stock ahead of launch of Tigor. It is a good quality stock but very expensive and risky (refer Markets mojo scorecard). I bought it at 465, sold it at 455, today at 376 is still valued as "very expensive" stock. I would keep the markets discussion apart as I believe this could be

If we study their recent launches, Tiago is doing very well (22.7% YOY, 18.6% of B1 segment within a year is remarkable) mainly because there isn't a quality competitor in it's price range. Tigor started well but the already shrinking segment has just too many competitors. The launch of mighty MSIL's new dezire has only made the matter worse.

But the compact SUV segment has barely two or three players and the fact the segment is growing should only work in favor of Nexon. If priced right it can repeat or exceed Tiago. I wish it helps the company and therefore the financials and therefore us investors
Old 14th August 2017, 17:18   #1941
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

One of the Concorde dealer in Hyderabad called me as i had shown interest in the website. She told the pricing is expected in the range of 7-10 lakhs. Test drive vehicles are expected to arrive in early next month.
Old 14th August 2017, 17:57   #1942

Does anyone know if Nexon has VGT or FGT ?

From the reviews that I have seen and read, it sound very VGT like, any info?

I am actively considering Nexon as my next car and any info in this regard will be of great help
Old 14th August 2017, 18:56   #1943
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted in front of an apartment complex last night on Paud Road, Pune, by Siddharth Devasthali.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehuman View Post
Does anyone know if Nexon has VGT or FGT ?
Both engine types are paired to Variable Geometric Turbochargers.

The petrol VGT is water-cooled and includes dual variable valve timing for increased fuel efficiency, while the diesel VGT has EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) for improved low-end performance and superior mileage numbers.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 19:26   #1944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
... the diesel VGT has EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) for improved low-end performance and superior mileage numbers.
A bit confused by this statement - My understanding is that EGR is primarily an emissions compliance device, and actually reduces performance - care to elaborate here ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4251754
(don't want to go offtopic here)
Old 14th August 2017, 20:10   #1945

Also, on resale value of Tata cars - considering that we would be seeing a disruption in the market by 2023 due to the increased adoption of EV's, will not the re-sale of all brands be effected in that sense?

Refer links below

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-car-adoption/

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-ev-oil-crisis/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tortois.../#703f4bcf2296
Old 14th August 2017, 21:04   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehuman View Post
Also, on resale value of Tata cars - considering that we would be seeing a disruption in the market by 2023 due to the increased adoption of EV's, will not the re-sale of all brands be effected in that sense?

Refer links below

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-car-adoption/

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-ev-oil-crisis/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tortois.../#703f4bcf2296

I think India would be lagging behind the developed countries in terms of widespread EV adoption by atleast 5 years and the disruption wouldn't happen before 2030 IMO.
Old 15th August 2017, 16:26   #1947
BHPian

I will be honest here. I posted earlier that it was fine for the manufacturer to delay the launch till things at the production end are sorted out. However, in the last few days, I have been having second thoughts. The reviews are out. The variants are not yet on the website. This makes me slightly anxious, because I get a feeling that the company is still not sure about how to position the product. That is the only reason we have not paid the booking amount yet. I mean, the company managers surely know of the variant list and the pricing. Why delay things so much? Even as a die-hard fan of the product, I am getting impatient. The dealer had mentioned that test drive cars would be in by this time but it will take some more time. I do not know if this delay is planned or consequential. If it is planned, as an MBA student, I do not see the purpose that it serves.
Nissan1180 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 18:18   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I think India would be lagging behind the developed countries in terms of widespread EV adoption by atleast 5 years and the disruption wouldn't happen before 2030 IMO.
Correction - China and India will be ahead of the EV adoption curve. Not in terms of technology-demonstrator projects, but in actual adoption.

Both countries rely heavily on imports for oil and would benefit the most from replacing oil with alternate energy vehicles. India pays an annual sum of between $70-100 Billion every year. Its like a huge rent burden on the country (and therefore on us) - the current government has a very aggressive approach towards reducing this oil burden within the next 10 years or so. If it sustains, we would be well on our way (pun not intended) to reducing our oil bill.

So yes, technically any IC vehicle bought from now on with a long period of ownership in mind will see diminishing resale values. But then the question is - are you buying the car for your enjoyment now, or for someone else to enjoy at some point in the uncertain future? What guarantee do we have that we will wake up from our sleep tomorrow morning, for instance?

Last edited by Steeroid : 15th August 2017 at 18:19.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 23:11   #1949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
But then the question is - are you buying the car for your enjoyment now, or for someone else to enjoy at some point in the uncertain future? What guarantee do we have that we will wake up from our sleep tomorrow morning, for instance?[/b]
Agree Steeroid, you point is very valid. (In the "can't agree more" category)

As some people say, "cars are emotionally purchased and rationally justified". I have sort of emotionally locked-on to the Nexon and was in the process of identifying rational justifications for the key stakeholders (read family) during the AGM meeting (read bonus day). One of the queries that stakeholders have will be on the resale after 5-7 years (say in comparison to S Cross or Brezza). Hence the thought in that direction.
Old 16th August 2017, 01:53   #1950
BHPian

Been to one of the showrooms, I was told test vehicle will be available by end of next week, looked at other vehicles too, hexa looks amazing and lovely sound system
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks