Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2017, 06:06   #1981
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
If Maruti decides to offer some "deals" on the brezza, then who do you think will be interested in the Nexon?
A person looking to buy the Brezza will buy the Brezza. Trust me on this one. He's not going to pick up a Nexon just because it's available. Isn't it the reason why some cars sell for much more than what they are worth? Companies know where they can place their bets and they rarely go wrong. Maruti knows this the best, followed by Toyota and Hyundai.

The majority of the buying public (outside of Team-BHP) rarely read auto-magazines, follow threads on cars to eternity, or wait for a particular car). They look at options available, usually one step above what they're currently driving, and choose one. It's we the enthusiastic crowd that holler at delays.

Going by the current trends, I guess it would be imperative for Tata to focus on getting it right, straight out of the box, rather than end up shooting early and bear the brunt of a failed quality check. The Hexa will never sell as much as the Innova Crysta even if it is embellished with diamonds. Similarly the Tiago will not sell as much as its Maruti counterpart. But if they manage to sell an adequate number, maintain a healthy profit margin, keep them completely niggle-free, keep the A S.S on the alert, I think they will rewrite their fortunes.

The Nexon will be launched when it's ready (car, company, dealer). Simple as that.

Last edited by discoverwild : 25th August 2017 at 06:15.
discoverwild is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 14:54   #1982
BHPian

This delay in launching does takes away some amount of interest which was build over the period of time. I don't know how good or bad it is from the marketing point of view for the product.

Compare it to the New Verna. How quickly the car is launched and here we are hearing about the Nexon since the Auto Expo days.

On a lighter note, maybe Tata is waiting for the Team BHP review to come live so they'll get to know the car better and price it accordingly.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 16:44   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Compare it to the New Verna. How quickly the car is launched and here we are hearing about the Nexon since the Auto Expo days.
Can't compare. I think Verna was launched in China last year (Sept) and in Russia (Early 2017). I would say new Verna is very very late to the Indian market. They were hardly selling their old fluidic Verna comparing to competition (Actually none other than Hyundai loyal fans were buying it).

Almost everyone were expecting Nexon launch during Sept-2017. That is when Tata decided to throw us a surprise by conducting Media drive earlier than expected. That caught many of us enthusiasts interest, but Tata decided to keep silence after the drive. Have look at their Twitter page, hardly any posts regarding nexon, but they are flooding with some stupid Kabaddi posts.

2 of my friends booked Nexon, one already decided to cancel and go for SCross due to delay. Not everyone celebrate Diwali. For some people festival new car buy happen in Aug-Sept. Tata already lost major chunk of this sale.

Last edited by Latheesh : 25th August 2017 at 16:48.
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 18:58   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
A person looking to buy the Brezza will buy the Brezza. Trust me on this one. He's not going to pick up a Nexon just because it's available. Isn't it the reason why some cars sell for much more than what they are worth? Companies know where they can place their bets and they rarely go wrong. Maruti knows this the best, followed by Toyota and Hyundai.

The majority of the buying public (outside of Team-BHP) rarely read auto-magazines, follow threads on cars to eternity, or wait for a particular car). They look at options available, usually one step above what they're currently driving, and choose one. It's we the enthusiastic crowd that holler at delays.

Going by the current trends, I guess it would be imperative for Tata to focus on getting it right, straight out of the box, rather than end up shooting early and bear the brunt of a failed quality check. The Hexa will never sell as much as the Innova Crysta even if it is embellished with diamonds. Similarly the Tiago will not sell as much as its Maruti counterpart. But if they manage to sell an adequate number, maintain a healthy profit margin, keep them completely niggle-free, keep the A S.S on the alert, I think they will rewrite their fortunes.

The Nexon will be launched when it's ready (car, company, dealer). Simple as that.
You hit the nail on the head, a person who has decided to buy a Brezza, will do so, irrespective of the pricing for the Nexon. But if Tata were to give a killer price, it could definitely swing sales their way. If the pricing is in tandem with all other products, then a person who swears by Maruti, will not change his decision.
Old 25th August 2017, 20:02   #1985
BHPian

Couple of things, guys.

1. Most of the non-Indian brand cars/UVs were launched elsewhere [including nearby Asian markets] much ahead of its launch in India. More so, those foreign brands rip off a few good/safety/catchy features while launching in India. Yes, we do crib, but accept it. Not just "Accepting" them, but give a red carpet welcome and make them a grand success when they clearly discriminates the Indian market from the other markets. I just couldn't understand how we could do this!

2. For all who keeps claiming "Nexon is delayed". Lets understand this "Delay" that you are referring to, is between when you want the Nexon to be launched v/s the actual launch from Tata Motors. So, its NOT right to call it a "delay".

3. Again, I stand by my earlier statement. If someone can't wait for another month for Nexon, I am sure they would never buy it. Its either "why Tata" principle or "never buy Tata" thought.

I rest and enough of OT, I guess.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 21:17   #1986
BHPian

Let me start by wishing you all a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi! May all TeamBHPians have a safe year ahead and get to enjoy many more car launches in the next one year.

Was visiting Ganpati pandals in Mumbai today and was pleasantly surprised to see how Tata marketing team is leveraging this auspicious day. Came across Tata Nexon at Shayadri Krida Mandal, Tilak Nagar (Mumbai). They have put up a stall outside the pandal with Tata Nexon on display.

Tata marketing team continues to surprise me and this is the first time I have seen any car manufacturer put up a car on display at a Ganpati pandal.

They did something similar when Hexa was launched where they put up Hexa on display at Kalanagar Junction on the highway. This is one of the busiest junction connecting East with West Mumbai.

Kudos to Tata marketing team for trying! I spoke to Tata folks there and according to them Nexon will be launched in the first week of September.

The car has a nice presence and looks stunning from outside
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1e.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2e.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3e.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4e.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-5e.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-6e.jpg

Coming to interiors, fit and finish looks nice by Tata standards. They are really amping up their efforts. I was surprised to see the amount of legroom available. I am 5.8" and there was loads of legroom. The drivers seat is scooped out from behind so that definitely helps, moreover there is enough room under the drivers seat to tuck in your feet.

Overall, very impressed with the looks, fit, finish and practicality of Nexon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1i.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2i.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3i.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4i.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-5i.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-6i.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-7i.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-8i.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-9i.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 12:46   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I spoke to Tata folks there and according to them Nexon will be launched in the first week of September.
I would take that with a pinch of salt. Were these guys from the core marketing team or related to the nearby dealership? During the media drive key Tata people had said, Nexon would reach dealerships for test drives late August to early September and launch would happen late September with deliveries. Have they preponed the launch now? Ecosport effect may be. But it's good that they finally have put the car in the public. Would be interesting to see how many Ganpati mandals they have tied up with.
Old 26th August 2017, 13:38   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilswap View Post
Would be interesting to see how many Ganpati mandals they have tied up with.
Just got a call from Fortune Cars Thane. Nexon is on display at one of the Mandals in Thane too. Apologies, forgot the name of the Mandal.
driveanddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 08:26   #1989
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
....Companies know where they can place their bets and they rarely go wrong....
While I'll go along with a good part of your thinking, I'll draw a line at the above. The automotive annals (not just here, in most other countries too) are strewn with the corpses of duds - the result of serious miscalculations by the parties concerned. While TM is not a bespoke brand in our market- unlike Toyota & MS - they appear to be galloping along pretty well.

And considering the number of marriage proposals & break-offs with sector MNCs (and their swallowing of JLR) that they have gone through, it appears that smarter minds than ours find something in TM worth acquiring! Its a different matter though that TM appears to have smelled a rat & withdrawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
...More so, those foreign brands rip off a few good/safety/catchy features while launching in India. Yes, we do crib, but accept it. Not just "Accepting" them, but give a red carpet welcome and make them a grand success when they clearly discriminates the Indian market from the other markets. I just couldn't understand how we could do this....
+1 Have felt the same and ranted often enough about this trend on other threads. Our car market is still probably at the "children with new toys stage". Customers will continue this indiscriminate buying as long as the steep disposable-income-curve does not plateau off and breathless buyers can sit back & take a little more time in informed consideration, before plonking their hard-earned!
Old 28th August 2017, 11:19   #1990
BHPian

For those in Mumbai and Thane there are three ganpati mandals where Nexon will be on display for people to check it out. Received this info from one of the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-e96aed042e1c42f98581be2b1f094e6b.jpeg  

sagpatel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 16:00   #1991
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Let me start by wishing you all a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi! May all TeamBHPians have a safe year ahead and get to enjoy many more car launches in the next one year.

Was visiting Ganpati pandals in Mumbai today and was pleasantly surprised to see how Tata marketing team is leveraging this auspicious day. Came across Tata Nexon at Shayadri Krida Mandal, Tilak Nagar (Mumbai). They have put up a stall outside the pandal with Tata Nexon on display.

Overall, very impressed with the looks, fit, finish and practicality of Nexon.
You certainly got the best insights so far with those pictures. Thanks a lot.
Now if it really is a 4.5 seater rather than a 5 seater as is predicted so far, unless the Nexon actually has very aggressive pricing that undercuts the EcoSport, it will face a lot of customers opting for the EcoSport. Brezza is going to get left in a league of its own with its actual SUVish looks.

The EcoSport and Nexon are more like urban sport coupes based on hatchbacks and will see a lot of cross shopping. Pricing will be a decisive factor in that I feel.
Old 29th August 2017, 18:43   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You certainly got the best insights so far with those pictures. Thanks a lot.

Now if it really is a 4.5 seater rather than a 5 seater as is predicted so far, unless the Nexon actually has very aggressive pricing that undercuts the EcoSport, it will face a lot of customers opting for the EcoSport.

But the Ecosport essentially is a narrower car than the Nexon and infact the shoulder width in that car is horrible, so why would that make such a big difference?
Old 29th August 2017, 18:47   #1993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
But the Ecosport essentially is a narrower car than the Nexon and infact the shoulder width in that car is horrible, so why would that make such a big difference?
The Nexon also has a surprisingly narrow shoulder and top. The width of the base doesn't continue as much towards the top as I see it. Especially with its tapering back, head-room at the back might be at a bit of a premium Hopefully I'm wrong here.
Old 31st August 2017, 00:33   #1994
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted by my good friend Ashok Sharma in an office basement in Vishwaroop IT Park, Vashi.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image4.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image7.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image8.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image5.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image6.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 17:27   #1995
BHPian

A good friend and BHPian Cartik5477 spotted this in Pune sometime back.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170831wa0004.jpg  

VR/46_Chet is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks