Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2017, 14:44   #2026
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
We should consider that TATA is giving ABS, AirBags, Isofix like safety features, drive mode selector even in the lowest variant. If they start giving all the gimmicks as well in the lower variant, how will they justify the price difference between the variant. What would be USP/desirability left for top end?
Agree.

They would have some insights from various sources like the past, market research, their internal targets with respect to pricing etc. What I understand is top variant of Tiago sells the most, they didn’t even launched XM variant of Tigor and there is a huge feature gap in XM and XT variants of Hexa, indicating a trend.

Clearly they are again targeting very competitive entry price and sell top of the line variant the most. Nothing wrong as far as standard safety features are made available in all variants.

Lower variants at lower/attractive price point will create a buzz and bring customers to the showroom.

Last edited by S.MJet : 5th September 2017 at 14:49.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 14:59   #2027
BHPian

I don't agree with the scoops that have been shown here (XT interiors). It is due to the following reasons :

1. We only see the variant badge in XE, and if that is the case then XE has a music system that you would expect on the base model, along with the tambour cover.

2. In none of the images of the supposedly XT variant is there proof of that variant being actually XT. There is no image of any badging of the same and I feel that it has been made up. What is more possible that the interiors would be XM or maybe even the base XE.

3. Even the Autocar link says that the images are likely to be of the XT (which is again pure speculation and guesswork).

We should hold our horses till we get the official variant breakup and till the time that happens , these speculations should not be used to form opinions.

Cheers.
akhil994 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 15:09   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like the much-praised sliding tambour door mechanism is exclusive to the XZ variants as well
The image shows presence of climate control, defogger and parking sensors. I guess this variant would be XT and should hopefully get floating display. I would have loved to see tambour door in this variant as well.
Old 5th September 2017, 19:09   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I don't agree with the scoops that have been shown here (XT interiors). It is due to the following reasons :
====
Cheers.
1. Well they better give a basic music system with Bluetooth, USB, aux, radio etc in the base variant cause from where would we get a ice that fits the tiny hole made for it in the Nexon?

2,3. Actually there is proof cause the base variant or xe is shown with black ovrm and door handles also the wheel caps are white whereas the XT has coloured ovrm and door handles and also a metallic painted wheel caps which look better.

Last edited by Sam_GTR : 5th September 2017 at 19:26.
Old 5th September 2017, 19:46   #2030
Distinguished - BHPian

The upcoming Tata Nexon's XM (mid) variant snapped at a Noida dealership.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image6.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image4.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image3.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image7.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image8.jpg

Pics credit Vishal Kapur on WhatsApp.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th September 2017 at 20:46. Reason: Removing the blurred image. Thanks for sharing.
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 20:44   #2031
BANNED

Black ceramic treatment is well done on the white car, especially on the rear. Hoping to see how the colors are coming up for top end.
Old 5th September 2017, 20:50   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Finally, the white. Appears pleasant to the eye, the gaudiness of the ceramic lining is finally minimized. A dark grey color might further reduce the effect. Downside though is that it would make the car look like a modified Vista/Bolt.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 20:53   #2033
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I have to eat my words here. The ICE looks pretty acceptable now(like the Ecosport Sync1). The housing looks quite bad when the system is off. What makes it look bad are those semi-circular blank edges on both sides which make the whole unit look like a second set of IRVMs. However, it looks good while in operation and that is how it will be for a majority of time.

Are they giving alloys right from the XM variant? What surprises me is that the XM gets black door handles and ORVMs but still gets alloys. I feel that they are 'stylish' steel wheels(in Hyundai's nomenclature ). In fact Tata has a history of providing decent looking steel wheels in their Safari line-up and this one looks quite good. It looks like those ceramic touches will be exclusive to the XT and the XZ variants.

Last edited by AYP : 5th September 2017 at 20:56.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 20:57   #2034
BHPian

Judging by the pictures of the interiors posted over the recent days, the lower variants (XE, XM and XT) won't get the floating screen and the engine start/stop button.

It is also clear that the other variant (apart from XE) that Autocar India was talking about is indeed XT variant as the same is having automatic climate control in contrast to the manual air conditioner controls in the XM variant.

It seems that TATA has taken a leaf out of Honda Jazz's book with that blank for the absent engine start/stop button in the lower variants.

With the main dish (the fab interiors) being compromised in the lower variants, I hope that TATA backs it up with a killer pricing.
Old 5th September 2017, 22:00   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Judging by the pictures of the interiors posted over the recent days, the lower variants (XE, XM and XT) won't get the floating screen and the engine start/stop button.

It seems that TATA has taken a leaf out of Honda Jazz's book with that blank for the absent engine start/stop button in the lower variants.

.... I hope that TATA backs it up with a killer pricing.
Lol going by this TATA should have kept just one variant.

A standard start stop button?

A standard touch screen?

The jeep compass has blanks on top variants.

Whatever happens to peoples expectations when it comes to TATA cars.
400notout is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 22:04   #2036
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not a fair comparison because Jazz had a blank Start Stop button even on its highest trim.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 22:08   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Lol going by this TATA should have kept just one variant.

A standard start stop button?

A standard touch screen?

The jeep compass has blanks on top variants.

Whatever happens to peoples expectations when it comes to TATA cars.
Don't get me wrong brother. I feel that at least XT variant should have got the touch screen and start/stop button, for lower variants they could gone for a treatment similar to the Ignis.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 22:35   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Don't get me wrong brother. I feel that at least XT variant should have got the touch screen and start/stop button, for lower variants they could gone for a treatment similar to the Ignis.
Thanks for clarifying. My heart skipped a beat since you mentioned XE as well. Going by what we have, I see XE, XM, XT, XZ and XZ+ variants as of now. That makes XT kind of a middle variant. So it would come down to pricing. For me since safety features are standard I'm sure variant spread will look much better than the Tigor. I'm not a fan of optional safety packs, be it TATA or Maruti. The sales guys usually push you away from it by citing long waiting period. Optional safety packs are a PR gimmick and you have to really put your foot down to get kit in lower variants.

Now since engine, gearbox and ride quality are prime. Add to that Safety features and you get most of the car. The Harmon system would be most welcome. Rest if you can afford it no harm in spending more right?

With many comparisons to Ignis lower variants will need to check that. I request if any member posseses one, a comparo will be helpful. Thanks.

Edit: found the Ignis image

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-16640611_1644621655554612_7551582173677007473_n768x432.jpg

Lol my vote goes for TATAs treatment of the console space.

Last edited by 400notout : 5th September 2017 at 22:51. Reason: Added pic and comment
400notout is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 00:14   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
With many comparisons to Ignis lower variants will need to check that. I request if any member posseses one, a comparo will be helpful. Thanks.

Edit: found the Ignis image

Attachment 1672903

Sir the one you have posted belongs to basic (sigma) variant of Ignis and compared to this, even a hardcore Maruti fan (TATA hater) would prefer the treatment on Nexon XT.

I was referring to the one in DELTA variant of Ignis like the one attached below.

Perhaps Tata could have provided the same free standing setup with maybe a smaller color screen without touch enabled input, or a black and white touch screen of same size etc.

My point is that the design for the lower variants should be such that while saving money, the buyers of lower variants don't feel lacking for example, the interiors of TATA zest XMS vs XT.

I feel that in case of the lower variants for Nexon, the interior designers could have done a better job without any major cost escalation.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2017marutiignis02.jpg  

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 6th September 2017 at 00:22.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 08:55   #2040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Sir the one you have posted belongs to basic (sigma) variant of Ignis and compared to this, even a hardcore Maruti fan (TATA hater) would prefer the treatment on Nexon XT.
Issue with the Nexon implementation is that it leaves you with zero after-market customisations options, which is common among buyers of low end variants.

That said, it's much more aesthetically pleasing than the Ignis, for those who prefer to keep things stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
They should have kept the defining styling elements same in all variants, similar to the approach Honda adopted with their BRV and WRV. The XM looks nothing more than a big hatchback - without the dual colour scheme, ceramic inserts, alloy wheels, projector headlamps etc. Anyways, was expecting this blunder long back itself!

Love the rear though - which looks a lot better now without the ceramic bar dividing the glass and paint portions!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th September 2017 at 09:03.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks