Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 04:56   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Didn't it open long long back?

RavenAvi booked his Nexon way back in July paying this booking amount of 11,000/-

His post here (The "I Booked my Car" Thread).

Edit -

Members mrbaddy and Enobarbus also booked their cars on 25th July and 11th August respectively. Both bookings announced here (The "I Booked my Car" Thread).
All the bookings so far are unofficial. Even my brother has booked his Nexon at Concorde Motors Hosur Road.
He is told he will get delivery by end September.
Since I have an EcoSport, he is not interested in the launch of Facelift EcoSport.
Old 7th September 2017, 09:48   #2072
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
OTT : Who is designing these delicious alloy wheels for Tata?

see below Zest - Tigor - Hexa - Nexon ..

Attachment 1673261

Even transforms the looks of a base variant (black ORVM+grab-handles) Zest!
That is a base model Zest with wheel covers on silver steel wheels. But Tata has a history of designing good wheel covers and this one looks like an alloy. Now Tata is making a trend of designing beautiful alloys.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 13:05   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Few pictures of XM variant-Nexon shared by Akash @TAI

that wheel cap looks really nice
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon1.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon2.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon3.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 7th September 2017 at 13:07.
Latheesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 13:29   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that wheel cover is awesome. I daresay one of the best ones around. Initially I was a bit disappointed with the features on offer in lower variants. But on second thoughts it isn't looking that bad either. I just hope they price it well, and the floating screen is offered at least in XZ and XZ+. It would be bad strategy to keep it reserved for XZ+ only.

Last edited by AkMar : 7th September 2017 at 13:30.
Old 7th September 2017, 13:48   #2075
BHPian

Just got a call from the Mailik Motors Banjara hills showroom.
They have the Nexon on display there. Do check it out if you have the time.
bigben is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 14:36   #2076
Distinguished - BHPian

An assortment of Nexon images.

In plain single-tone Red (no black roof):

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image2.jpg

Minimum/maximum leg space at rear:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image3.jpg

Spare wheel is not an alloy:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image4.jpg

Tyres on the XZ+ are Bridgestone Turanzas:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image5.jpg

The shark-fin antenna on the grey roof:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image6.jpg

Close look at the rear-view camera and it's exact placement:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image7.jpg

Pics courtesy Abhinav and Miraj on WhatsApp.
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 21:32   #2077

This is my first post in this Forum so please ignore any of my mistakes in the post. I was in Pune over the last weekend and had spotted Nexon - XZ+ near Shivar Garden Chowk in Pune. I took a small video of the same and based on it here are my views.

I saw the vehicle from the back and sides only, couldn't see it from the front, so all my views are based on this. The styling of the Nexon made it stand out on the road (I spotted it within a second), further it looked wide with chunky tyres. Nexon had good road presence however in my humble opinion the Nexon did feel more like an overgrown hatch and did not give the same feeling of an SUV like the Ecosport does. I feel the reason for the same is that in Ecosport the spare wheel mounted on the tail gate which makes it look longer as compared to both Brezza and Nexon. If one looks at the Ecosport without the spare wheel (I have seen it at Ford Service station and also in some of the photographs) it looks much smaller and that makes a lot of difference. However, I feel the overall styling of Nexon along with all the features it comes with it will look a better package than the Brezza.

How many numbers can the Nexon bring to Tata is anyone's guess. I feel it will not hurt Ecosport in any manner but will compete with a lot of other cars from different segments including Brezza, TUV 300, KUV 100, and also hatches and compact sedans in the same price bracket. I think the pricing will be the key here.

Please note that above are my personal views and I may be wrong in the same.

FORD_100horses is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 22:48   #2078
Distinguished - BHPian

From a Tata dealership in Calicut.

Pics courtesy my good friend DJ Bro.
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 09:22   #2079
BHPian

I had a good long viewing experience of XM & XZ+, both parked next to other (in sunlight)at Hartron Gurgaon and here are my thoughts:

0. The moment I (5'7") sat in the driver's seat, I gave the ergonomics 10/10. It's that comfortable and simply perfect, not felt in any sub 20 L car (including the one I own)
1. XM feels more spacious inside than XZ+ perhaps due to absence of floating touch screen?
2. The wheel covers on XM doesn't give a nice look to the car (unlike the opinion here)
3. XM is without arm rest both in front and back
4. XM plastics aren't of good quality and gives a crude feeling
5. It seems the designers first made XZ+ and then started ripping off the chrome, armrests etc to make XM, for example the front armrest
is absent in XM but there's an unfinished looking storage space. This looked really odd.
6. The layered 3 tone dash is well designed, finished & really appealing in XM & XZ+
7. The GC at 200+mm is another great positive to call out
8. Interiors of XZ+ are very refined & deeply thought of. Take for instance the door opening chrome lever on Tiago is so weird and ugly where as in XZ+ its dimensions and fitment is top class. This was the first check I did such was my aversion to it in Tiago.
9. There's no "thud" of doors when closing much to my displeasure. The sound is so like an entry level hatch
10. The drive mode controller and the overall assembly (with sliding tambour) gives the inside top notch looks.
11. The ceramic finish on XZ+ is a bit flashy while the silverish on the XM looks more in place.

The sales guy mentioned that they've received some 50 bookings so far and wait is 3-4 months.

If I were to buy I would buy just for ergonomics & comfort which will quite easily outweigh most negatives. I might seriously consider the trim without floating touch screen but the flat sound on closing the doors is still a dampener for me, i hope the pricing isn't.

Overall and considering the turbocharged performance, I think the car will appeal much to unconventional thinking crowd esp the younger lot.It has a strong potential (stronger than Hexa) to pull in the crowds due to practical design for city, plush interiors, and that amazing, flawless seating ergonomics for the driver.

But the reputation/perceptions of "TATA" vs others may precede people's opinion though (i hope not) like that's (unfortunately) riding on Hexa. The new TATA cars although with top class work on 'em are coming in the world inheriting curses given to their forefathers. But I place my bets that Nexon will do its share for redemption.

cheers!

Last edited by wangdu : 8th September 2017 at 09:24. Reason: Typos
wangdu is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 18:21   #2080
BANNED

Have been following the developments intently; whereas we deal with a trickle of information regarding this much awaited launch, I had an opportunity to discuss the variants in detail. Some good bits, some not so. Here are a gist of what was discussed;
  • Dual coloured roof exteriors only available on two colours - Vermont Red and Moroccon Blue. The poor colours left out in the lurch are Silver, Grey and White.
  • None of the other versions get the fabled floating screen. The XT and XM make do with Harman powered non-floating display screens on the dash.
  • Similarly the 8 speaker system is sent as partiality to the top version only.
  • Steering mounted controls make an appearance from XM version.
  • Parking sensors are bestowed from XM variant onwards; and the XZ+ gets parking guidelines too.
  • Auto climate control comes in from XT, with the top end getting voice commands for it too.
  • Electrically adjustable ORVMs from XM, but foldable from XT.
  • Rear AC vents provided from XT variants.
  • Instrument panel and MID information, airbags and ABS/ EBD are standard features across the range.
  • Sorry guys but the sought after tambour console and rear arm rest are reserved for the top end only.
  • So are 60:40 split for the rest seats.
  • Boot is a magnanimous 350L And the unladen GC stands at 209 mm.
  • Alloys only on the top end, the rest of them get either a dual tone cover or the lower one gets a standard wheel cover.

I have been told that right now it's just the manual transmission that'll be doing duty; however an AMT is coming soon. More information may come in closer to launch. With the aforementioned, it's deja vu like Hexa; either it's the top end or the car just stops making much sense.

Is my intent still on? You bet.
methecupid is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 18:35   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi@8689 View Post
I know that it has been done before but couldn't resist myself from posting the below pic with modded headlight design. It looks much better than the current design, especially in white; almost like a 'baby storme' from the front
I prefer the existing design. I think the Tata signature smiley grills generally give a soft face to their cars. The indicator above the head lamp cluster, together with the character lines on the hood makes it a wicked face with an impish grin. That is the impression I got from the pictures (I haven't seen it in the flesh yet). I like it.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 18:38   #2082
Distinguished - BHPian

To me the car makes sense XT onwards very well. The XT is very well spec-ed.

1. power folding mirrors
2. rear AC
3. Non-touch Harman system that can be easily mated to the 8 speaker setup as 4 of them are tweeters
4. ABS, Airbags
5. Parking sensors
6. Auto climate control
7. Steering mounted controls
8. Not to forget - a 1.5L TD with 6 speed transmission!

This is a well loaded version! That floating screen while a really cool gadget and something to brag about, might not be that much of a leap of technology really. To the enthusiast, if the car is wonderful to drive, the interface of the ICE is hardly a deal breaker really. Ask any German car makers / owners.

Right from the beginning once the detailed pictures from driver position have started coming up - I have personally always felt that the floating screen is floating a bit too high and might end up being a bit of a distraction especially for field of vision towards the left while looking straight. Obviously this will not be the case and they must have done all the studies while designing. But thats what I feel.

Yes the XT will basically end up losing out on navigation perhaps due to lack of the tab display & thats a downer. But if the XT is priced correctly - it still is a good package.

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th September 2017 at 18:40.
Reinhard is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 19:00   #2083
BHPian

It's so shocking to know that nexon is still not arrived in Concorde Motors, near dairy circle. Bangalore.

Yesterday i was talking to my sa regarding my recent service & i just asked about Nexon on display. He said that the vehicle is yet to arrive here, it was suppose to come by end of Aug/First week Sep but no sign of it till yesterday.

Tata Motors have placed the car in so many cities but still no car in their own showroom?

Very Surprising!!
Old 8th September 2017, 20:36   #2084
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics courtesy Amith & Manjunath on WhatsApp.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image5.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image10.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image6.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image12.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image9.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image8.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image11.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 21:40   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
It's so shocking to know that nexon is still not arrived in Concorde Motors, near dairy circle. Bangalore.

Yesterday i was talking to my sa regarding my recent service & i just asked about Nexon on display. He said that the vehicle is yet to arrive here, it was suppose to come by end of Aug/First week Sep but no sign of it till yesterday.

Tata Motors have placed the car in so many cities but still no car in their own showroom?

Very Surprising!!
I had called Concorde yesterday and they confirmed that Nexon is available (for test drive). Looks like she thought I was asking about Hexa.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks