Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 17:36   #2131
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Offtrack,
Nowadays its really easy to create a website using platforms like WordPress and claim to be an "expert". That doesn't mean We should take them seriously.

There is a reasons why team-bhp reviews are always last, and We still read full review.
Hi, sorry , but had to say this. We might not agree with their views - I don't entirely either - and yes, WRT to quality, the Team-Bhp review is without a doubt the benchmark. That having being said, lets not dismiss everyone else out there as a fly by night operator. This isn't a blog that's just come up because someone had nothing better to do, but rather a nationally circulated publication - is it a magazine that I would buy and read - probably not, but to summarily dismiss their views as drivel from a source with no credibility, is - in my opinion - a little uncalled for.

Last edited by da_lowrider : 10th September 2017 at 17:45. Reason: punctuation
da_lowrider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 17:57   #2132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Visited Prerna Motors to check out the Nexon today morning ..
procrj, Lots of nice pics showing the details !

Quote:
[*]Small slot for toll tickets etc just above the 3 stage cabin lights
cabin lights + ticket slot
This is not a ticket holder. More like a place for sun-glasses.
A typical ticket holder would look more like this:
( from Swedespeed )
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-ticketholderswedespeed.jpg

Quote:
[*]Clean and easy to view HUD.
Not HUD, but just the console. HUD = Head UP display: where information is projected up in front of the driver.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-hudhudway.jpg
(from HUDway)

Last edited by condor : 10th September 2017 at 17:58.
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 19:22   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
[*]Bonnet support - the strut to support the bonnet is fixed to the bonnet and dangles in air. You need to slot it into a circular hole to fix it and stablizie it. The worrying part is that when you shut the bonnet, there is not place to lock the strut - Or I should say that I did not find any and that was a worry as I ha dto close the bonnet with the strut not locked in place to anything. Hope I missed a trick and tata has provided a mechanism to lock the strut in place while shutting the bonnet
Attachment 1674625[/list]
There is a slot on the bonnet to lock in that strut. Don't worry I have personally used it
akhil994 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 19:49   #2134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
There is a slot on the bonnet to lock in that strut. Don't worry I have personally used it
Since Zest they have been using up side down bonnet stay. A grommet holds the stay under side of bonnet.
This is an opposite of conventional stay..

I dont have an idea how the bonnet in the Nexon stays, but I vouch for the system in the Zest.
Old 10th September 2017, 19:59   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post

The car hunt which started with Zest in 2014, to Jazz and Baleno in 2015 and will end with Nexon in 2017. I have to say, I am lucky that some or the other reason kept putting the car purchase on hold.

[/url]
Exactly in the same bus. Test drove Zest AMT a few times. Also Jazz and Baleno. Then read about the Nexon and decided to wait. A makeshift like showroom of Tata in Trivandrum and jerky lower gear shifts (in AMT) in Zest put me off it. Baleno was too light and Jazz overprized.

Wish they launch in choclate brown colour in AMT.
Old 10th September 2017, 20:33   #2136
BHPian

Everyday, or rather every few hours I am going through this thread as I am seriously thinking of booking one after a thorough test drive to replace my 5 yr old trust worthy Ritz. Now, here is what I am going through. I've subscribed to the zest thread also, and after every few posts, someone puts up a bad experience with the vehicle. Even as I type, someone has written about ECU having issues, suspension going kaput, electricals not working.

Thankfully, Ritz has never ever had any problems with any of its electricals and the car has been driven across the western part of our country from Gujarat to Karnataka and through all types of roads. Yes it rattles, but nothing stopped working ever, and I'm used to such reliability.

Now I know this can be an ever ending topic with no conclusions, but then I don't want to step away from reliability. I don't want to take the car to the workshop other than regular service.

Just makes me wonder should I take the leap of faith and buy it? Or just follow something that has had a comparatively better reliability record, say the EcoSport or SCross or Brezza!

Dear Mods, pls do strike this topic when you'll get to review the car with Tata. Show them the various threads on our forum, and do try to get something specific on what they've done to improve the quality within that engine bay.
Old 10th September 2017, 20:52   #2137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Here's the variant wise feature list:
No floating display for the XT variant.
The lower variants need to be priced competitively if Tata wants some sales. The mid variants of the Ecosport are better value IMHO.
Thanks for compiling the list, vishy! I am aghast to see that manual day/night mirror is offered only on XZ+ This is something which I am unable to come to terms with. Even Alto offers this feature. It should have been standard from XM onwards at least, if not XE. I just cannot imagine XT variant without day night mirror

The variant lineup begs for an XZ variant slotted between XT and XZ+ having the following features from XZ+:

Projector headlamps with daytime running lamps
215/60 tyres with 16-inch alloy wheels
Rear centre armrest with cup holders
Rear seat 60:40 split and fold
Eight speakers instead of 4
Day/night inside rearview mirror
Front and rear fog lamps
Rear defogger
Driver’s seat height adjust
Height adjustable seatbelts

This would make the variants like ZDI & ZDI+ of Brezza. The team who comes up with variants at Tata seriously needs to be reviewed. Almost every recent launch (Hexa, Tigor, Nexon) has sub-optimal spread of features amongst variants.

Thanks to everyone who has posted photos from showroom. The car looks great!

Last edited by AkMar : 10th September 2017 at 20:57.
AkMar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 23:04   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Everyday, or rather every few hours I am going through this thread as I am seriously thinking of booking one after a thorough test drive to replace my 5 yr old trust worthy Ritz. Now, here is what I am going through. I've subscribed to the zest thread also, and after every few posts, someone puts up a bad experience with the vehicle.
Every vehicle has its own share of issues and Tata is no different .I had 3 maruti (m800 , swift and wagonr) and 3 Tata vehicles (indica, xeta and nano) in my family and all marutis except 800 had loads of issues.Tata on the other hand has been fairly reliable .We still have nano with us.We have never faced any "quality" issues.If you like the nexon , go for it.
praveen_n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 01:21   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 2 cents
[*]The size of the car from the outside might be a deterant for a lot of people. If the common man walks in and expects to see a compact SUV like the Brezza or Ecosports and he sees the Nexon with its car like stance, he will think twice. The interrior space and feel is a different sotry but if I have an SUV in mind and am willing to pay 10+L for it, I expect it to have some presence from the outside.
The outward appearance of sizsizeable be the only sizeable chink in the Nexon's (otherwise brillian) armour. It could sell well (of course if it's priced well in the first place) if people saw it as a hatchback with high ground clearance, rather than a compact SUV. Because when the manufacturer sets a perhaps incorrect precedence of calling it an SUV, the buying market already does comparisons with other SUVs and compact SUVS (and as mentioned above, the size is one of the first).
Old 11th September 2017, 08:01   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
I've subscribed to the zest thread also, and after every few posts, someone puts up a bad experience with the vehicle. Even as I type, someone has written about ECU having issues, suspension going kaput, electricals not working.

Thankfully, Ritz has never ever had any problems with any of its electricals and the car has been driven across the western part of our country from Gujarat to Karnataka and through all types of roads. Yes it rattles, but nothing stopped working ever, and I'm used to such reliability.

Just makes me wonder should I take the leap of faith and buy it? Or just follow something that has had a comparatively better reliability record, say the EcoSport or SCross or Brezza!
I am sure many like you could be in such a predicament. This is true with many decisions in life when you want to try out something new that the larger herd is not going for. You have to buy new products with an open mind. If you are the type who worries a lot every time something small goes wrong and then broods over your past decisions - AVOID THE NEXON - it will NEVER keep you happy and you will want to keep going back to a Brezza or whatever else everyone buys. In fact, the brooding type of people will scrutinize the Nexon more than a Maruti. Hence avoid unnecessary stress for yourself.

But, if you want to try something new and willing to appreciate what it offers but at the same time mentally ready to bear with some basic "possible" inconveniences which "could" happen WITH ANY NEW CAR, then check out the NEXON. ( check Innova threads - new car leaking in its first outing in the rains ! ).

You have subscribed to the Zest and Nexon threads. So maybe you are the 2nd type. But figure that out YOURSELF and then take a decision.

Of course, you can objectively go by what other owners like Praveen have reported below. I myself have driven my Storme extensively across various terrain and have come out very happy. Have owned a Bolt and a Vista too. No complains.

But if a squeak in a seat belt mount gives you sleepless nights - pls rush to a Maruti or Hyundai showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_n View Post
Every vehicle has its own share of issues and Tata is no different .I had 3 maruti (m800 , swift and wagonr) and 3 Tata vehicles (indica, xeta and nano) in my family and all marutis except 800 had loads of issues.Tata on the other hand has been fairly reliable .We still have nano with us.We have never faced any "quality" issues.If you like the nexon , go for it.

Last edited by narayan : 11th September 2017 at 08:03.
narayan is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 08:54   #2141
BHPian

Yeah I get your point, I also own a 5 yr old Punto diesel, so I can safely say that I'm not much of a herd mentality type of a person. Nevertheless, I would really like our mods to get some specific info on what steps they've taken with regards to the quality of engineering and parts that go into Nexon.
Old 11th September 2017, 09:43   #2142
BHPian

I can't understand why some people are saying that it looks like hatchback with high ground clearance. It's akin to comparing it to the W-RV ,i20 cross etc which I don't feel is justified. To me it looks as big or small as the Ecosport. Agreed it does not have boxy lines of brezza but the Nexon looks every bit the organically shaped compact SUV it's meant to be. Even the Autocar India report says that Nexon plays the mini SUV part well.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 10:33   #2143
Distinguished - BHPian

Official Tata Nexon website is now comprehensively updated, with
features,
specifications,
colours,
variants,
reviews,
gallery, (images & videos)
Nexon skill arena venues,
brochure & wallpapers section, and
you can also book your Nexon online.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-5.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-6.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-7.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-8.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-9.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3.jpg

Official Brochure Download Link
RavenAvi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 12:37   #2144
Senior - BHPian

If the Tata Nexon were to be priced close to the Active/Elite i20, would you put your money on the i20 or Nexon. Added the ex-S prices for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-active-i20-prices.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-elite-i20-prices.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 11th September 2017 at 12:53.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 14:18   #2145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

But if a squeak in a seat belt mount gives you sleepless nights - pls rush to a Maruti or Hyundai showroom.
And what if a Maruti or Hyundai part squeaks too? It's not like these two cars have no niggles. If one searches here, he will come across many issues relating to Maruti/Hyundai cars, too. I think, certain cars and peace of mind etc. are too too over-stated. People need to move past this cliche. All cars are almost equally reliable these days.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks