Old 16th September 2017, 16:31   #2281
A M
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But in the videos on the Nexon micro-site, it does not look so:

Attachment 1676622
If you look closely, the seat partition is apparent in the photo.
Old 16th September 2017, 16:47   #2282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Has anyone who Test drove the cars checked if the rear seat base tumbles forward or is it just the seat back folding option that is available ?
From what I have observed (not in person), the seat base doesn't seem to tumble forward - it is only the seat back that folds down, in any configuration (40/60/full).

Here's an image for reference:
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_20170916163822.png

Source

Last edited by spindoc : 16th September 2017 at 16:50. Reason: Removed YouTube embed
Old 16th September 2017, 17:26   #2283
Distinguished - BHPian

The upcoming Nexon's XZA variant (XZ variant equipped with the AMT transmission) was spotted testing on the streets of Pune by my good friend Autospy.

He observed that the Nexon XZA was equipped with alloys, front fog lamps, shark-fin antenna, roof rails, body-coloured door handles, reversing sensors and a reverse parking camera.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image3.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th September 2017 at 17:29. Reason: added more.
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 17:36   #2284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Has anyone who Test drove the cars checked if the rear seat base tumbles forward or is it just the seat back folding option that is available ?
As per my limited knowledge it works something like Maruti Brezza.

Please check this image from cardekho -

https://img2.gaadicdn.com/images/car...0562/tata0.jpg

Site Link- https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...exon-20562.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The upcoming Nexon's XZA variant (XZ variant equipped with the AMT transmission) was spotted testing on the streets of Pune by my good friend Autospy.

He observed that the Nexon XZA was equipped with alloys, front fog lamps, shark-fin antenna, roof rails, body-coloured door handles, reversing sensors and a reverse parking camera.
Are the Rear Defogger and Rear Wipers missing in this variant?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th September 2017 at 17:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
RideRanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 17:53   #2285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
From what I have observed (not in person), the seat base doesn't seem to tumble forward - it is only the seat back that folds down, in any configuration (40/60/full).
Nexon e-brochure mentions 'flip and fold flat' for seat cushion in XZ+. No mention of the word tumble forward. But if you see in the pic you just posted, under the left elbow of that gentleman, between the driver seat back and rear parcel tray, there is an object shaped similar to seat base. So, may be it is there.

Nevertheless, I will be getting the first hand feel of the Nexon tomorrow and will confirm the exact mechanism with pics here if there is no clarity till then.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_0186.jpg

Edit: Did not see the above post by Rideranger. So it is tumble forward then.

Last edited by drnilswap : 16th September 2017 at 18:05.
drnilswap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 18:00   #2286
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilswap View Post
Nexon e-brochure mentions 'flip and fold flat' for seat cushion in XZ+. No mention of the word tumble forward.

I will be getting the first hand feel of the Nexon tomorrow and will confirm the exact mechanism with pics here if there is no clarity till then.

Attachment 1676642
A previous post clearly shows that the seat base flips forward in the 60:40 split config too. but not flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Attachment 1676398

What is also evident is, the seat-base has proper lining under it. Good job! In my car, its bare foam on the bottom .
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 18:44   #2287
BHPian

Test Drive Nexon Diesel today.
Showroom had a display vehicle, sales guy was courteous to immediate attend to me and explained all the features. Strange, how good the sales guy was with all the feature unlike all my experiences before. Got a test drive on a blue shade Nexon, I would not prefer this colour at all, too gaudy for my liking. Interior quality is top notch. No rattles at all. Insulation is good. Firstly I drive a Hyundai i20 Diesel, I would say it is still not that silent engine as Hyundai's diesel.
Torque is available along the curve with no lag at all and turbo kicks in at a very low level. Gear ratios are very good. I could easily drive at 40 in 5th gear. Even the third gear easily took off from 30 in cry traffic when I had to slow down.
Handling was excellent for a vehicle with 209mm GC. Body roll insignificant. City mode should be the normal mode one would drive. Didnot drive on eco mode. Sports mode did make a little difference by the change in engine maps.
Engine is well insulated but not quite when compared to Hyundai. I am very sorry for Honda who came up with a very crude, tractor like Diesel engine with high NVH and vibrations. Nexon felt way better that WRV diesel and even Brezza. Brezza's interior quality don't stand anywhere in front of Tata Nexon's premium interior quality.
If I was in the market and wanted another vehicle keeping the i20 with me I would go for Tata Nexon diesel
shravan2k2 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 21:35   #2288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilswap View Post
Nexon e-brochure mentions 'flip and fold flat' for seat cushion in XZ+.
Ah ! the key word would be ZX+. Looks like this feature is there in the ZX+ but not in ZX and lower.
Old 16th September 2017, 22:41   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ah ! the key word would be ZX+. Looks like this feature is there in the ZX+ but not in ZX and lower.
Just realised, my post was factually incorrect. Flip fold seats are there in all variants of Nexon. XZ+ gets 60:40 split in addition.
drnilswap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 23:26   #2290
BHPian

Found this video from the Tata Nexon Skill Arena at Kolkata. Interesting!

Credits: Soumitro on YouTube

Last edited by spindoc : 16th September 2017 at 23:30.
spindoc is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 00:11   #2291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Found this video from the Tata Nexon Skill Arena at Kolkata. Interesting!
Did anybody noticed the front right headlamp going off at 01:41 and then coming back to life after few seconds.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 17th September 2017 at 00:18.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 05:21   #2292
Senior - BHPian

Few pictures from Kolkata skill arena venue shared by TML on twitter
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1505605771969.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1505605784047.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1505605799127.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1505605811571.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 08:13   #2293
BHPian

After reading a report in the website Rushlane, I found a few similarities between Maruti Brezza and Tata Nexon.
One is about the floating roof design- the roof starting point in C pillar which looks very similar in both vehicles Brezza. The second one is about the wheels sizes which are very similar to both vehicles on top trims.
Which brings me to a silly question did Brezza get inspired by Nexon concept or Nexon got inspiration from Brezza? Or were both designs just coincidental?

Image: https://www.rushlane.com/wp-content/...a-brezza-2.jpg
Source- https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12248079.html
Old 17th September 2017, 10:05   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
Which brings me to a silly question did Brezza get inspired by Nexon concept or Nexon got inspiration from Brezza? Or were both designs just coincidental?

Image: https://www.rushlane.com/wp-content/...a-brezza-2.jpg
Source- https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12248079.html
I think these similarities are fairly common across many cars to say who got inspired by whom. That's my silly answer to the silly question. 😀. Having said which, I have to say that in house design skills is something which Maruti lags behind Tata big time.
narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 14:33   #2295
BHPian

So, I finally had a chance to see the car in person; at the Gachibowli showroom, from where I'd taken my Storme. The SA (Sadhgun) was courteous enough to inform me earlier, about the arrival of the car. Although, there're no immediate plans for another car, I just couldn't keep myself from looking at this in person. Even the HEXA hadn't generated this much curiosity!!

Anyway, few quick observations/comments in no specific order; I saw a Blue XZ+ (diesel) at the showroom:

1) The overall feel of the interiors was wonderful! Maybe since I am directly comparing to my Storme!
2) The car appears bigger than the Brezza, just my take.
3) The NVH (at stationary) felt definitely better than my Storme.
4) Did not like the placement of the push button starter, completely blocked by the steering wheel.
5) Gear shifts (even at standstill) felt much more positive and smooth.
6) Finally, they gave a safety collar for engaging the reverse gear on the gear lever! .
7) The floating screen looks nice; but I found the ICE to be ok. Not sure if it was due to some settings but FM channels sound better in my Storme (stock ICE).
8) I tripped a bit, on the running board, while entering the rear seat; the height may cause some discomfort for few. The front however was no issue.
9) The drive mode selector is a touch too large for it's purpose and location; but full marks for the tactile feel!
10) Nicely sized boot; seemed good enough for even airport pickups and drops.
11) Rear seat felt nice; specifically the back rest angle felt just right.
12) Dealers' confident of a on-road (hyd) price around 11L for XZ+ diesel.
13) The ceramic white material, although looked cool, already had some dust patches which did not seem like they can just be brushed away!? Not sure if that may need frequent detailing to get rid of.
14) Decent head room; although I'd have preferred a couple of inches more.

This is one car from TATA which really is making all the right noises, and for good reason! I just wish they get their problem areas sorted sooner than later.

Last edited by avinash_m : 17th September 2017 at 14:34. Reason: edit
avinash_m is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed