Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2017, 17:31   #2401
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Now that price is out, again went through official brochure from their website. Here's what it is.

XE the base variant without any bells and whistles (we were well used to some years back) with added safety features, 2 airbags and ABS with EBD is priced well at Rs 5.85L (P) and 6.85L (D).

XM gets following over XE for Rs 65K (P) and 55K (D) - Good value especially the diesel.
- Center Antenna
- Dual tone wheel covers
- ConnectNext infotainment system with 4 speakers, AM/FM, USB, Aux-in, iPod, smart phone integration with Connectnext app
- Rear parking sensors
- Remote central locking
- Rear power windows
- Electric adjustment for OVRM
- USB Charger

XT gets following over XM for Rs 80K (P) and 75K (D) – Looks very short feature list but few of these do have their value and are a must have but still doesn’t sound VFM.
- Roof rails
- Body color door handles and OVRM
- Shark fin antenna
- Fully automatic climate control
- Rear AC vents with adjustable flow
- Electric folding OVRM
- Rear 12V power outlet
- Cooled and illuminated glove box

XZ+ gets following over XT for Rs 1.15L (additional Rs 15K for dual tone) – Long list of features, easily justifies Rs 1.15L premium.
- Projector headlamps
- DRLs
- Shark fin antenna with GPS
- Alloy wheels
- Front armrest with sliding tambour door
- Rear seat armrest with cup holders
- Rear 40:60 split folding seat
- 6.5 inch floating touch screen
- 8 speaker system
- Android Auto, Text and whatsapp message read out, voice command for phone, media and navigation, image and video playback
- Voice alerts for door open, seatbelts, low fuel, parking brake release and service reminder
- Park assist with camera with dynamic guidelines
- Day and night IVRM (hope they mean auto)
- Front fog lamps with cornering assist
- Rear fog lamps and defogger
- Driver seat high adjustment and adjustable seat belts
- Smart key push button start

Lets see how the market plays out.
S.MJet is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 18:00   #2402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Now that price is out, again went through official brochure from their website. Here's what it is.

- Day and night IVRM (hope they mean auto)
No they don't. Its a manual prismatic IRVM. Something that should have now been available from XE. I mean...Come on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
- Rear fog lamps and defogger
- Driver seat high adjustment and adjustable seat belts
Rear fog lamp is a single unit in the bumper.

Defogger & driver seat height adjustment should have been available from XT. A slight miss by product development team there IMO.

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st September 2017 at 18:14.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 18:41   #2403
BHPian

Do we know the warranty coverage and AMC offers?
Old 21st September 2017, 18:44   #2404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
also noticeable is the 110 bhp output for Nexon Petrol 1.2L engine, against 111 bhp for Ecosport Petrol 1.5L engine.
That's because it has a turbocharger, like Ford's EcoBoost engine (1.0L / ~123 PS).
Old 21st September 2017, 18:58   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I guess pricing is on expected lines. Expect some disruption from premium hatches to compact SUVs and to some extent even Duster/Creta territory.
Great pricing by Tata. Come to think of it- the Nexon is cheaper than the Ignis, Brezza, Ecosport, WRV, BRV, KUV100, Etios, Baleno, Polo and TUV. If we look at what's on offer, there is no car below 10 lakhs which can even remotely offer the premium feel that the Nexon gives. Not even the City. I'm so glad that we're finally getting our money's worth in India.

Given the fact that Petrol is Rs. 79 in Mumbai and above 70 in all parts of India, Tata could have aced it with a factory fitted CNG version. A factory tuned version has no effect on the pickup. Not sure why no one offers this. If the mileage quoted by Autocar is true, driving this in the city will cost Rs. 7+ for the petrol version- that's extremely high for people who travel long distances (>100km) on a regular basis.
Nissan1180 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 19:27   #2406
Distinguished - BHPian

Now that the tire patch/profile is different in the variants, will they have calibrated the MID / FE calculation etc differently on variants? So will we have an error induced in it if someone changes to XZ spec from lower trim? Or the calibration will be for XZ and all other trims will have a tiny error always?

Or the two profiles are going to keep the wheel diameter same?

Also - the ARAI test FE numbers, which variant will they be? I'm sure wider tire of the XZ will have an effect on the FE. It has to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Great pricing by Tata. Come to think of it- the Nexon is cheaper than the Ignis, Brezza, Ecosport, WRV, BRV, KUV100, Etios, Baleno, Polo and TUV. If we look at what's on offer, there is no car below 10 lakhs which can even remotely offer the premium feel that the Nexon gives. Not even the City.
Spot on! Time for people to decide really..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Given the fact that Petrol is Rs. 79 in Mumbai and above 70 in all parts of India, Tata could have aced it with a factory fitted CNG version. A factory tuned version has no effect on the pickup. Not sure why no one offers this. If the mileage quoted by Autocar is true, driving this in the city will cost Rs. 7+ for the petrol version- that's extremely high for people who travel long distances (>100km) on a regular basis.
I don't think they are confident that the CNG with their 3Cylinder Turbo engine will work properly. In fact, I don't even think Tata really wants to sell the Petrol. They know all their customers are going to be diesel. The petrol variant is there only for those who don't really drive a lot, want a petrol at low cost & don't want to bother with CNG due to their low usage.

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st September 2017 at 19:28.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 19:28   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Reinhard,

Defogger & driver seat height adjustment should have been available from XT.
The rear defogger should have been at the XM level, then the wipe function at XT level.

Tata had a good opportunity to define feature list viz a viz variants. All round visibility specially in monsoon is of Paramount importance.

On a side note though, Indian car owners stuff the parcel tray right upto the roof leaving only the orvm's for a rear view.

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 19:33   #2408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Do we know the warranty coverage and AMC offers?
Received from a WhatsApp contact in Bangalore.

Extended Warranty packages:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1.jpeg

AMC packages:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image2.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 19:35   #2409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
All round visibility specially in monsoon is of Paramount importance.

On a side note though, Indian car owners stuff the parcel tray right upto the roof leaving only the orvm's for a rear view.

Nikhil
I'm getting a bit OT here. But I am of the opinion that it is high time that we have a mandate by RTO in India such that all hatchbacks / SUVs (cars without protruding boot) have a rear wiper regardless of trim level.
The amount of dust and soil that our roads have make it an absolute must. I will never have a car that doesn't have rear wash+wipe+defogger.

Previously Tata used to give defogger on Mid variants of their cars. Seem to have moved away over last 3-4 years as people didn't care.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 19:49   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Manufacturers usually disclose the ARAI fuel efficiency figures when car is launched, has Tata Motors forgotten to do so? Couldn't find a mention of it anywhere!
They forgot to do the same for Zest too. Somewhere I had seen, that too in fine print, that the figures are 22.7 kmpl for the QJD 90
Old 21st September 2017, 19:52   #2411

An excellent pricing by Tata. On road price of top end diesel version is 10.75 lakh (approximate value) in Chennai.

There are chances of more cross-shopping from prospective buyers of compact sedan and premium hatchback segment. There are high chances that Tata found success like/more Tiago in Nexon.
Old 21st September 2017, 20:05   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

AMC packages:

The difference in AMC price for 45000 KM between petrol and diesel is big. Does that mean long term ownership cost of the diesel over petrol is almost double post 45000 km?
Old 21st September 2017, 20:39   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
The difference in AMC price for 45000 KM between petrol and diesel is big. Does that mean long term ownership cost of the diesel over petrol is almost double post 45000 km?
I've uploaded the calculated service cost for the Ecosport from the Ford website. This is excluding probable failures of the Clutch etc.
Unlike other companies, Tata covers a lot of things in the warranty period and under the AMC. Even if you burn down your clutch due to inexperience etc., they might honor your request for a replacement under the AMC. The Tata warranty experience is perhaps the best in the market. The only bad thing is that you actually have to use it sometimes.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-ecosport.png

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 21st September 2017 at 20:41.
Nissan1180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 21:34   #2414
Senior - BHPian

The default AMC was Silver for the Zest. It was around Rs. 8800/-. Difference between Gold and Silver AMCs is negligible for the Nexon. What about the standard warranty and maintenance?

Vehicle cost doesn't bother me. Even if it were a couple of grand more expensive than the Brezza, I wouldn't mind. All I want is, how much does it cost to maintain down 4 years.

No, I am not in the market for a car. My Zest is fine for me.

It's a theoretical proposition ... the cost of maintenance. Of-course, I haven't gone through all the nitty gritty about the maintenance.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2017 at 09:13. Reason: Poorly typed posts.
simplyself is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd September 2017, 00:45   #2415
BHPian

Nexon at Trivandrum Motors, Trivandrum.

The vehicle is big. Not like the pictures. We had a misconception that Nexon will look smaller than Ecosport when viewed side by side. But no! This is almost of the same/large size and roomier on the inside too.

XZ+ Trim with no dual tone roof.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170921_153908157_hdr.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170921_154009177.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170921_154014715.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170921_154031654_hdr.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170921_154049405_hdr.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170921_154521597_hdr.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170921_154314281_burst000_cover_top.jpg  

jithudigitised is offline   (27) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks