Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:07   #2461
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
The car simply glides and noise insulation within the cabin is excellent and may be better than the Creta. At this price point Tata has a clear winner and can easily beat Brezza, Ecosport, Duster and Creta in most departments. Kudos to the Nexon team again
I agree with you here. It's 90 per cent of Creta at 50 per cent price. I, too, feel it will eat into Creta's sales. TM is giving this big car (relatively) at hatchback money. What more can one want? Checked out the demo car here at local dealer and it was excellent for the amount it costs. Interior is soo good. Front is imposing. Couldn't take for a spin as there were others waiting. Too bad, AMT is still some months away.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:44   #2462
Distinguished - BHPian

Was at Concorde today, hoping to get a TD of the petrol. But I'll will have to wait another week at least.

The SA wanted to show me the engine bay, so I played along.,

But was a little surprised to find that the air-intake is placed quite low. Or so it looks like. Let's see if our Official review has caught this point ( if I am correct).
Old 23rd September 2017, 18:21   #2463
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was at Concorde today, hoping to get a TD of the petrol. But I'll will have to wait another week at least.

The SA wanted to show me the engine bay, so I played along.,

But was a little surprised to find that the air-intake is placed quite low. Or so it looks like. Let's see if our Official review has caught this point ( if I am correct).
Are we expecting a TBHP review based on the Kerala drive? Or is it that the duration/ terrain was deemed unsuitable for a full fledged review and we are now waiting for TaMo or a member to provide a test drive car?
Old 23rd September 2017, 18:25   #2464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Are we expecting a TBHP review based on the Kerala drive? Or is it that the duration/ terrain was deemed unsuitable for a full fledged review and we are now waiting for TaMo or a member to provide a test drive car?
We are waiting for the review from the media drive that happened in KL. The review will be coming out soon.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 19:43   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Well just like my last visit, came back from this one from the showroom even more impressed.
@Akhil - Nice review. Was this a petrol or diesel one which you test drove?

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2017 at 21:23. Reason: Please do not quote large posts entirely. Thank you!
Old 23rd September 2017, 20:20   #2466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpmeister View Post
@Akhil- Nice review. Was this a petrol or diesel one which you test drove?
It was the diesel. The petrol TD cars are not available everywhere at the moment!

But came away thoroughly impressed. And as I said earlier, If one enters the showroom with an open mind, it is impossible to not be impressed by the product!

Once my work locations are sorted, will go ahead with the XZ+ Glasgow Grey diesel!
akhil994 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 21:57   #2467
BHPian

Check out this Photoshoped Nexon XM with a matte black roof and side pillars and sweet wheels. Damm this is HOT
CREDITS: HARIS KARIM from fb group
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170923_215632.jpg  

Sam_GTR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 23:25   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
And what if a Maruti or Hyundai part squeaks too? It's not like these two cars have no niggles. If one searches here, he will come across these days.
So true, car buyers in India, treat Suzuki & Hyundai and other Japanese manufacturers like luxury car makers as if they cant do no mistake. Essentially, they sell us overpriced cars compared to the features on offer. As BHPians we all know, the kind of portfolio they have for their other markets and what they offer in India. We should be a little less critical of our own homegrown TATA. Every automobile right now has almost the same technology. Just my two cents.
thumpmeister is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 23:25   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of photo-manipulations :

1. Calgary White with a Seattle Silver top

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-calgarywhiteseattlesilvertop.jpg

2. Calgary White with a Glasgow Grey top

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-calgarywhiteglasgowgreytop.jpg
condor is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 10:00   #2470
BANNED

Quote:
So true, car buyers in India, treat Suzuki & Hyundai and other Japanese manufacturers like luxury car makers as if they cant do no mistake. Essentially, they sell us overpriced cars compared to the features on offer. As BHPians we all know, the kind of portfolio they have for their other markets and what they offer in India. We should be a little less critical of our own homegrown TATA. Every automobile right now has almost the same technology. Just my two cents.
+1 - Couldn't have put it better. The Japanese & Koreans have a different set of rules for India vis-a-vis their other markets. But I feel, not to worry! I can already sense (and I'm sure others can too) a glimmer of things the to come from our home-grown majors - TM & M&M - in the not very distant future.

The rate at which these two are acquiring overseas assets & the capacity TM has demonstrated in assimilating & presenting the newly acquired technology should give pause for thought to all concerned.
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 10:03   #2471
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am planning to book XM variant soon and upgrade it to suit my needs.

Few questions though

1> Are the tires from XZ+ variant direct fit on XM steel wheels or they need to be upgraded first?
2> Four speakers coming in variant, are they same speakers as in XZ+ variant minus the tweeters or with lower wattage?
3>Do we get AC vents chrome finish at local accessories shop?
4> What is the approx cost for 3M roof wrap ?

Thanks.

Last edited by shashant : 24th September 2017 at 10:06. Reason: added another question
shashant is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 10:10   #2472
BHPian

I feel the Glasglow Grey and the Calgary White colours look better on the Nexon than the Red/Blue which they have been parading. Maybe they should have also introduced the Arizona Blue
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 10:12   #2473
BANNED

Quote:
+1 - Couldn't have put it better. The Japanese & Koreans have a different set of rules for India vis-a-vis their other markets. But I feel, not to worry! I can already sense (and I'm sure others can too) a glimmer of things the to come from our home-grown majors - TM & M&M - in the not very distant future.

The rate at which these two are acquiring overseas assets & the capacity that TM has demonstrated in assimilating & presenting the newly acquired technology (in their current line-up) should give pause for thought to all concerned.
Old 24th September 2017, 11:28   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

AutoPortal compares the Nexon with the Brezza.
Very biased review (biased towards Maruti).

Last edited by theMAG : 24th September 2017 at 18:53. Reason: Trimming entire quoted post in the best interests of readability.
vharihar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 12:50   #2475
BHPian

You have to be really dumb (or biased) to feel both interiors are at par. Expecting a lot more reviews like this given the money and clout the market leader has.

Actually, no such PR excercise is required as people in this country can't/won't take risks and continue flocking towards Maruti products, come what may

Last edited by CoolFire : 24th September 2017 at 12:52.
CoolFire is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks