Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 13:06   #2476
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

My two cents about this car after having a first hand look. Great looker, super features, welcoming interiors far superiorly styled as compared to Brezza. The materials are as bad or as good (for Hyundai lovers) as my Grand i10. The problem is the Tata badge. It loses desirability after a look at the TATA badge. This was tailormade to be a Renault car. They desperately need to create a new brand with new logo like TAMO / Nexa.
Carma2017 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 13:38   #2477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
AutoPortal compares the Nexon with the Brezza.
I am bit confused here. He is comparing Brezza Diesel with Nexon Diesel right? But the car he is driving (as per the numbering system followed in Kochi media drive) is a Petrol Nexon

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.png

Now it is more evident that it is a paid exercise from Maruti

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 14:01   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I am bit confused here. He is comparing Brezza Diesel with Nexon Diesel right? But the car he is driving (as per the numbering system followed in Kochi media drive) is a Petrol Nexon

Attachment 1679345

Cheers!

Vinu

Nice catch. Your finding seems right because as per the reports petrol Nexons were RED and diesels were BLUE in the media drives. He is driving a red car. You can see the red colour in the window area near his head.

So has something badly shaken up the market leader Maruti? I find this as a more positive thing towards Nexon. Congratulations Tata! And please dont hike the prices too soon.
RideRanger is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 14:04   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Well well well what do we have here
Such a blunder from sub-par auto journalist.

To me I think Maruti is still using the old mantra they used for earlier cars, "Kitna deti hai ?" In this process they forget to make a better car, puny tires, tin-can built, plonking old small engines in bigger cars and sub-standard driving manners.Indian manufactures are taking up the fight by making brilliant products lately.

Nexon will certainly shake the current market, but people will still continue to buy the Brezza. I feel it will trouble Ford, till the they launch the new updated Ecosport.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 14:09   #2480
BHPian

Went to see Nexon yesterday. Spotted this on rear windshield

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1506242305.412885.jpg
500ContyCruiser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 14:25   #2481
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Attaching OTR prices from Hyderabad. Also attaching Brezza and EcoSport prices for reference.

Had visited three cars yesterday with wife. She was impressed with Nexon interiors and seat comfort. She did not like brezza for anyrhing. Only negative for Nexon for her was the look from rear three qauarters.

About asked for accesories on offer (as mentioned as 50k in the sheet), the SR told they will be revealed next week. The car in itself looked complete, I did not feel any need for adding any accessory. One of the SR told that wearable key is part of the accessory to be bought seperate. Not sure on how much to believe him on this.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170924_142034.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170924_142117.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170924_142142.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th September 2017 at 16:50. Reason: Brazza > Brezza
ottocycle is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 14:32   #2482
BHPian

Went for a test drive yesterday. Nexon is not available with all the tata dealers and was not available in my city. Drove 90 kms for a test drive. The sales rep was courteous I had called him before launch and had assured me of a test drive as soon as possible. They had just got the car yesterday afternoon and I was there in the evening at 6 p.m. . I had limited time so was more interested in the drive and feel rather than features which many of the members have already explained. I was the first person to test drive at their showroom as they had just displayed inside and were not giving test drives currently but since I had traveled just for test drive the promise was kept.
I am desperately looking to upgrade my 6.5 years old figo diesel which has 105000 km on the odo. Priorities are solid feel, good handling, low engine noise and ICE (I have rainbow soundline components C6.2.+beats 4 ch amp+pioneer 1890 touchscreen HU+HIFONICS sub in figo).
Already test driven Brezza, S cross (booked and then cancelled , had planned for ICE upgrade for it), Creta (Test drove 1.6 but was out of budget and was waiting for a test drive for 1.4), Ecosport (ride was too firm). So had all these in my while test driving Nexon.
Nexon Impression : Wide grin as reported by a lot of other members who are not biased towards brand.
-Excellently well insulated cabin, engine is barely audible till 2000 rpm. I was in 5th at 1000 and it was very well planted and minimal sound. You can mistake it for a petrol it is that good. It is as silent as a Hyundai (I have driven my father's I20 diesel extensively)
-ergonomics are great everything is well in place. Front arm rest if sliding like S cross would have been great but still better than in creta and brezza. The visibilty is also good from front and the external rear view mirrors are quite big which aid visibilty.
-Handling is good and I would not miss my figo's hydraulic steering. Brezza and s cross were not bad but the steering in scross doesn't self center after a turn. Nexon feels more like a ford in this department despite the high ground clearance
-ICE is great , no need for an upgrade (My 1 year old set up would soon be in team-bhp classified section)
-Interiors are great and the Brezza's interior feels like a generation older. Build quality seems at par with Creta.

Overall very satisfied with the test drive and have already booked it XZ+Diesel. Colour is Glasgow Grey (99%), 1% for seattle silver for which the sales person will send me pics on monday as it is on the way.

If you go with an open mind there is no reason not to like this car. Brezza doesn't hold a candle to it and you can compare it to a Creta which costs a lot more. Maruti is more perception than facts. I had a Swift petrol before figo and my service expense was more than what I pay for Figo Diesel. We are a family with all converts from Maruti. From Zen, Swift and Esteem moved to Figo, I20 and City and all satisfied and now it is Tata's turn.
Eagerly waiting for delivery and will share the review.
If anyone has pics of Silver nexon please share
driftagain is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 14:33   #2483
BHPian

Saw the xz+ diesel in the flesh and it's an impressive car. Tata has got the premium feel right on this car. I like the front way more than the rear. A dark tone metal grill may have looked even better.

But I think they continue to make a mistake that will hurt the aspirational design of this Tata Motors car. Two related points-

1. They should have avoided the stripped down XE variant completely. You don't want to buy an 11-12 Lac car and be thought of it as a 6-7 Lac car. The price range is too wide.

2. Outer design elements like roof rails (important to this lower height baby 'SUV') should have been common on all variants.

I hope they launch a great AT with cruise control on this quickly without going too far above the xz+ price point.

50K should be fine (a good AMT is usually just about 35K and cruise control is basically an ECU feature that can be integrated into the AT software).
guptad42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 14:47   #2484
BHPian

can someone confirm that the Glasgow Grey colour is metallic?
Old 24th September 2017, 14:49   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Attaching OTR prices from Hyderabad. Also attaching Brazza and EcoSport prices for reference.

Had visited three cars yesterday with wife. She was impressed with Nexon interiors and seat comfort. She did not like brazza for anyrhing. Only negative for Nexon for her was the look from rear three qauarters.

Attachment 1679351
Man, why am I a getting a feeling as if they're doing a favour by just selling me the car? Just a quick glance at the quotations, and I could already see so many blood-sucking prices.

1) The life tax is should be calculated at 12% flat. Whereas, the life tax quoted is inflated by INR 4000 minimum.

2) A quick search on coverfox/policybazar for XZ diesel for the insurance at an IDV of 7,99,000 and I recd a quotation of mere 11000 compared to 27,769 from the dealer.

3) The very famous Handling charges- INR 5000

4) Basic Accessories- 16500 which includes just mud flaps and carpetsYou can easily get good quality mud flaps for 700-1000 in the market and extremely good quality carpets of your own choice for under 3k. So, another gimmick to pocket 12500 minimum.

5) Another accessories for INR 50,000 for God only knows what.

So all in all, we are looking at a premium of 4000+ 16000+ 5000+ 12500+ 50000 = 87500 from the dealer on a car which costs under 10L. Mind you, this comes out to be over 10% of the cost of the actual car.

PS- And they have the audacity to claim that the quotation offered for insurance is already at 20% discount
namanchaudhary is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 15:07   #2486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1679345

Cheers!

Vinu

The review had me stumped as well.. since ACI comparo between the Brezza and Nexon said the Nexon was more derivable in the City than the Brezza.

Even during my drive experience also I felt the Nexon engine had good poke in stop and go traffic. Also the above review mentioned the Steering of the Nexon as "Heavier" than the Nexon... well I found it feather light actually, can't imagine a lighter steering. By the way my Spark's steering fells like a truck's when compared with what I felt in the Nexon. Driving the Nexon in slow traffic was a breeze was for me.

Honestly the review was like a preintentional cricket shot. Would avoid AutoPortal YouTube Reviews from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
You have to be really dumb (or biased) to feel both interiors are at par. Expecting a lot more reviews like this given the money and clout the market leader has.

Actually, no such PR excercise is required as people in this country can't/won't take risks and continue flocking towards Maruti products, come what may

Yes that's true. Really Dumb to put both interiors at Par. The Nexon clearly looks and feels PREMIUM.

Last edited by payeng : 24th September 2017 at 15:14.
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 15:09   #2487
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post

1) The life tax is should be calculated at 12% flat. Whereas, the life tax quoted is inflated by INR 4000 minimum.

2) A quick search on coverfox/policybazar for XZ diesel for the insurance at an IDV of 7,99,000 and I recd a quotation of mere 11000 compared to 27,769 from the dealer.

3) The very famous Handling charges- INR 5000

4) Basic Accessories- 16500 which includes just mud flaps and carpetsYou can easily get good quality mud flaps for 700-1000 in the market and extremely good quality carpets of your own choice for under 3k. So, another gimmick to pocket 12500 minimum.
Actually Brazza insurance quotes are even higher by couple of thousands. And Maruti SA was stressing that first year insurance has to be taken from Maruti only. Did not discuss these things with Nexon SA.

Nexon SA told that accesories will be revealed by next week. He also mentioned that the car on display does not have any accessory. To it looked complete with no need of getting accessory.
Old 24th September 2017, 15:21   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
  • I was curious about the hidden key inside the smartkey for emergency purposes, they weren't able to pull anything out of the key, however they said (and I saw for myself) that there's a physical key provided extra, apart from the two smartkeys to open the doors (the key was brass color and was just the solid metal block of key, cuboid in shape. No handle to hold the key as such. Don't have a supporting picture, but if this is true that the smartkey doesn't house a physical key inside and a physical key block is the third key which is provided separately, may prove to be a nightmare in certain situations. Not immediately, but after a few years.
There is indeed a hidden physical key inside the smart key. Checked it during the test drive at Fortune Motors Thane. There are two Moroccan Blue Diesels available. One for test drive, one for display.
Fortune Motors also has the infamous handling charges. I enquired about the possibility of getting the spare as an alloy wheel. It seems I have to pay extra for that.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170924_130540.jpg  

Kommandogerät is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 15:24   #2489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Cheers!

Vinu
Shocking!

Just checked the videos again, and he is driving the petrol version while explaining the engine parameters of Nexon as well. Very much evident that it's a scripted comparison.

AutoPortal lost their credibility in my mind with this stunt.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 15:26   #2490
BHPian

Price list from Nagpur:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-67ef8cba532840a49ca84da0b2aa9226.jpeg

If earlier mentioned insurance quotes weren’t enough for outrage, just look at these.

Also, what is this Road safety tax?? Can anybody throw some light on this, please.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed