Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 15:46   #2491
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilswap View Post
Price list from Nagpur
The dealers always push the insurance package/ company that is most profitable to them, but they eventually do match the outside quotes.

Himachal STA has been charging a "green/ environment tax" for a couple years now (2% above and over the normal road tax, IIRC). This Road Safety Tax must be something similar. Again revenue for the government, though I am unsure how it works within the GST framework, but that's an off topic issue.

Last edited by ampere : 24th September 2017 at 16:25.
mn2363 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 16:00   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
If this is the case, then Nexon might sit and fight with already over crowded segment of hatches/cross overs (Baleno, I20, I20 Active, Jazz/WR-V)
Why would that happen? If people are confusing Nexon in the same category as Baleno, i20, Jazz, its their bad...

Last edited by ampere : 24th September 2017 at 16:26. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 24th September 2017, 16:05   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I am bit confused here. He is comparing Brezza Diesel with Nexon Diesel right? But the car he is driving (as per the numbering system followed in Kochi media drive) is a Petrol Nexon

Whoa !
First the embargo breach, then ACI's TD before official media drives and now the paid reviews. Nexon has showed us all.

I don't understand why the reviewers forget that they have a large number of people following them and they are the ones who have made their channel worthy enough for a company to approach them for a paid review.

Nexon has surely sent some shock-waves in the Industry.

Last edited by ampere : 24th September 2017 at 16:25.
gk.93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 16:19   #2494
BHPian

Guys, I'm keen to buy an automatic sub-compact SUV next and the choices are clear to me.

Ecosport (refresh coming next month) or Nexon.

Do we have any update on Nexon Automatic? Thanks!
Old 24th September 2017, 16:40   #2495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpmeister View Post
Why would that happen? If people are confusing Nexon in the same category as Baleno, i20, Jazz, its their bad...
I think the lines that used to divide the segments before have significantly blurred now. Overlap is bound to happen and subcompact SUVs and hatches/sedans can definitely find space on the same list for many buyers if not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I am bit confused here. He is comparing Brezza Diesel with Nexon Diesel right? But the car he is driving (as per the numbering system followed in Kochi media drive) is a Petrol Nexon

Now it is more evident that it is a paid exercise from Maruti
Can it be due to an editing glitch? I mean he could have very well called the Nexon whatever he wants without having to drive the wrong variant. But this surely should be pointed out on Youtube too for letting him reply and also for viewers to see and decide for themselves.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th September 2017 at 16:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 17:03   #2496
BHPian

I've written a nasty comment on that YouTube video. I've also unsubscribed from their channel.
Dieselritzer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 17:22   #2497
BHPian

I believe there is going to be a lot of cross-shopping for the Nexon. Right from the premium sub-4m hatches to the 4.3m crossovers, they are all going to come and have a look at the Nexon, them shoppers! I think Nexon has been launched at a sweet sweet spot not just for the sub-4m crossover segment but across multiple segments. It's just right THERE!

I feel, you are going to see people who wanted to buy the Elite i20 end up with the Nexon, as also someone who started out buying a City or a Rapid end up with this piece of jewelry!

Last edited by cingsman : 24th September 2017 at 17:25. Reason: More comments to be added..
cingsman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 19:58   #2498
BHPian

Price Chart in Thane (Fortune Motors)
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-price-list.jpg  

Old 24th September 2017, 20:11   #2499
BHPian

I got time to visit the rather minuscule autoexpo being held at Coimbatore by The Hindu group and a chance to experience the Nexon in person, no test drive though. Seriously a step up for Tata, good quality throughout. Seat comfort is good, especially superb underthigh support in the back seats even! (one of those smaller things I am particular about). Its not so big when you see it in reality. A good view of the road too. Now waiting for the Ecosport facelift and then the real dilemma begins if Ford prices it right! (read right = light on my pocket :P). Anyway final decision boils down to the test drive experience and the ultimate reviews of all - Team-BHP official review!

Incidentally, I tried out the Elite i20 too at the same venue and I felt Nexon was more comfortable though not so premium looking inside as the i20. Rear seat legroom is also far better in the Nexon.

Last edited by cunnuvila : 24th September 2017 at 20:17. Reason: Adding a space/comfort comparo to i20.
Old 24th September 2017, 20:16   #2500
Senior - BHPian

Maruti will not be that pleasant with those following numbers

Name:  Nexon vs Brezza.png
Views: 9600
Size:  36.3 KB

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/car-comp...parison-405930

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 21:12   #2501
BHPian

A very biased review by Autoportal favouring guess whom? I think the Maruti guys are jittery considering the comparison review was posted a day after the Nexon launch. Considering when Autocar & Motoroctane and others did it much earlier. Who else to turn to for MS than the ever reliable Ashish?
thumpmeister is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 22:34   #2502
BANNED

I had a quick TD of the Nexon D and here are my quick impressions:

Exteriors:
Like or hate; either you like it or you find it too loud. I am somewhere in between but I like the boxy shapes a bit more. Rear is too loud for my taste at least.
Looks more of a mutated hatch on stilts
Still has some masculine bits and I guess it will be able to easily catch eyeballs in the company of Brezza or Ecosport or even Duster too.

Interiors:
  • Comfy and roomy
  • Decent quality, fit and finish. Definitely not Hyundai level but the plastics don't flex like in Brezza.
  • Doors do feel well built and shut with a satisfying thud, but the Ecosport doors are in just another league.
  • Driving seat is nice and so is steering. That interior feels very different inside, thanks to the floating screen.

Driving experience:
  • Clutch is light and so is the steering wheel.
  • The gear lever is still typical Tata, nowhere close to shift quality we get in Honda, VW etc. Same applies to the clutch, it still doesn't feel as progressive.
  • NVH is brilliant, the diesel engine is not only silent, but is having a sporty note too when revved.
  • Power delivery is only up to 4000 rpm, after which things get weakened. The 1.3 has a decent powerband I must say and this 1.5 is still narrow.
  • There is enough of the grunt and one will actually enjoy the third gear in this car. It feels very quick there.
  • Suspension and dynamics are brilliant. Although it has a bit of body roll but handling is still predictable and ride quality is simply the class leading. I really don;t know if I must say this but if it isn't better than Duster than it isn't even a point lesser than the ride of Duster.

Coming to Autoportal review, well, he has to say that Brezza has a better chassis and is the car of the people who call themselves 'keen drivers' (he said exactly this). I completely disagree, Brezza handles better, yes it does. Nothing else it offers over the Nexon except space and a better handling. Ride quality and high speed stability of Nexon is better, city driveability is better, power delivery is more linear and once on boil, the Nexon is a smashing performer.

Going by the sad state of auto journalism in this country, I am really thankful to GTO for giving us Team-BHP.
VKumar is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 22:39   #2503
BHPian

Apart from Teambhp reviews all other reviews will have to be taken with a pinch of salt, best way is to go test drive the car yourself as i did and experience the transformation that Tata is doing to its cars. Lets not get carried away by these biased and paid reviews. I would like to see lot more bhpians test driving this mini SUV and providing their feedback. If only Tata had launched this as originally planned it would have been in my garage, however have my Ecosport AT which is fine except for the stiff ride which can be annoying at times.
Old 24th September 2017, 23:37   #2504
AYP
Senior - BHPian

This is not the first time Autoportal has done something like this. In this video-

They are comparing the diesel Jetta and the Corolla, though you can clearly see that the Jetta they are driving is the petrol version. Inspite of their growing popularity, I was never a fan of Autoportal. I am glad to see that atleast the BHPians are realising the folly exhibited by their channel.
AYP is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 04:21   #2505
Senior - BHPian

All these comparisons aside, to be honest I will not be putting my family in any new Maruti Suzuki simple because of the fact that they are so flimsy and I cannot trust their safety credentials. Safety is a feeling and a fact both and although NCAP tests may say they are reasonably secure, I would not trust them with accidents in real life. Rememeber for all its worth, Euro NCAP crash tests are conducted in extremely controlled conditions in exactly the same way every time. The real world is different and given the conditions we have in India and the toll that they have on machinery, I would much rather be in a heavier car feeling safe than in a flimsy car rated safe for controlled crash tests.
extreme_torque is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks