Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 11:25   #2551
BHPian

Take a chill pill guys. It's just a damn car. Let everyone share their opinion, if you like it, hit the thanks button, if u don't, use the scroller. Some on our forums are experts, some are not but love cars, let everyone feel happy to be a part of this community. Let us not let our Egos come in between.

Coming to Nexon: saw a brilliant full 2 pages Ad in TOI. Extremely eye catching. Good work Tata. Focus equally on your people and see how you'll retain and grow your customer base.
Dieselritzer is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 11:38   #2552
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Coming to Nexon: saw a brilliant full 2 pages Ad in TOI. Extremely eye catching. Good work Tata.
Absolutely. Was just seeing the same. Good marketing effort to make people sit up and take notice.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170926_113458.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170926_113523.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 12:10   #2553
Senior - BHPian

On one hand we do not even trust auto magazines to form our opinions and on the other hand, we take "birdie"'s word for gospel truth? And S-Cross 1.6 DDiS? Is it fair to expect Nexon to beat or match a car which costs almost twice? Why all high expectations only with Tata / Mahindra cars? Others may over-price and under-spec their cars. No problem there. We have a competent product here priced excellently for what it offers and we just go on and on trying our best to put that car down even before it hits the road.

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2017 at 18:09. Reason: typo
pgsagar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 12:10   #2554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My guess: He drove the diesel, but couldn't shoot it then. He made his observations, but used the petrol for the video.
You have now given him a very good way out!
Even if he had driven it before, it goes on to prove how "average joe" reviewer he is. He definitely should have mentioned that "Please note I am driving petrol now and this observation is of diesel is from the drive I had xx minutes before". The ultimate goal of the video/writeup is to ensure your viewers are fully informed of everything that you do. Why leave some part ambiguous. Goes on to prove why they are losing eyeballs these days!

Maybe Team-Bhp should start a workshop to train these guys to do a better work!
RaghuVis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 12:57   #2555
BHPian

I visited Tata showroom, Trivandrum motors, TVM, yesterday. They have got two TD cars, but not yet registered. TD will be available from 29th. About the car - The pics doesnt give justice to the car. From pics I had a feeling that the front resembles Indica. But in reality, there no such resemblance. The car is definitely worth the price. I dont know if it can be called as a mini SUV, but if someone is looking for a bigger car than i20 elite, definitely he can try Nexon. I went to their Thakaraparambu showroom, near Eastfort and it was a pleasant experience.
Old 26th September 2017, 13:30   #2556
BHPian

Checked out the Nexon demo car at Hyson, Thrissur. Sadly, they didn't have a TD car.

Starting off with the looks, I was never a fan of the Nexon when I saw the pics. It had that age old Indica vibe to it. And the rear was looking way out of proportion too. But see it in person, and it looks really nice and fresh. The one on display didn't have the dual tone scheme and there's a nice chic attribute to the car. Yet another instance of the car looking much better in person than in pics. Paint quality looked good. Shut lines are almost uniform. (I say 'almost' because there was a small mismatch between the left front and rear waistline) The DRLs in the headlight are a bit of a let down. Looks after market-ish. The rear light had a simple LED pattern which adds to the chic appearance. The proportions are good. Although the tyres fill up the wheel well, I would've liked even wider ones. The wheel arches are really flared up. All in all, I never expected a hatch on steroids to look this good.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170926_112324_hdr1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170926_112338_hdr2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170926_1123483.jpg

Coming to the interiors, Tata has got that right too. Design is eye-catchy. You sit reasonably up. There's good visibility all around. Steering feels good to hold. The driver arm-rest is non adjustable. I had to lift up my forearm to change gear. The gearshifts are not as smooth as I'd have liked. Should wait till a proper TD to confirm the same. The steering cannot be adjusted for reach. I first thought there was no dead pedal. But there's an elevated space provided for resting your left foot. The ORVMs should've been a bit bigger. IRVMs are chunky. Seats are well contoured, but on the smaller side for well built people. The MID screen between the dials looked small. The touchscreen AVN looks good. It lacks navigation,but makes up for it via Android Auto. Sound quality from the Harman system is excellent. The overall plastics in the cabin feels good, but not as good as say a Hyundai. The glovebox was spacious, but I have my doubts on the closing mechanism.
Tata never disappoints when it comes to space. The rear seats are spacious. There's ample support. In spite of the dark interiors, the car doesn't compromise on the sense of space. Rear seats can be folded 60:40, but they don't fold flat.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170926_112550_hdr4.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170926_112637_hdr5.jpg

I think Tata has done a good job with the Nexon. There are some rough edges in the product but they're not real deal breakers. Will update as soon as I get a test drive.
GKR9900 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 13:44   #2557
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a top of the line variant in the image above - as always with the show car. I wonder how much money was saved by not giving seat-back pockets on this trim level?

I see this happening even in cars costing upwards of 15L ex-showroom, so TML isn't doing something unique. But Why?
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 15:15   #2558
BHPian

Here's the accessories list shared by Concorde, Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_2017092615164001.jpg  

Last edited by aman9393 : 26th September 2017 at 15:17.
aman9393 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 15:20   #2559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Absolutely. Was just seeing the same. Good marketing effort to make people sit up and take notice.
yeah it IS neat!

just for kicks, I went the extra mile and downloaded their Nexon App too

The Augmented Reality bit is nice too; did a thorough walk-around of the 3D (1:6) scale Nexon at my office desk!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.png

i like where Tata is heading
Moto$apien is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 15:22   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Its a top of the line variant in the image above - as always with the show car. I wonder how much money was saved by not giving seat-back pockets on this trim level?

I see this happening even in cars costing upwards of 15L ex-showroom, so TML isn't doing something unique. But Why?
Unless seat covers are being offered with back pockets, it doesn't make sense to give seat back pockets as lot of people will go for seat covers which makes seat back pockets not usable anyhow. Personally for me, Nexon should have come with seat covers in the top trim even at extra cost. I would have paid some premium for it.
Old 26th September 2017, 15:43   #2561
BHPian

A look at how the Augmented reality works.

Looks like an industry first and a great idea for people who don't have time to check out the car at the showroom.
damodar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 15:57   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post

Looks like an industry first and a great idea for people who don't have time to check out the car at the showroom.
Very cool advertisement by TATA IMO, they are surely targeting the youth. Many people who have an idea about AR will be flaunting this app/feature to their colleagues, directly or indirectly creating a hype about Nexon.
Good show TATA.

As someone has mentioned earlier somebody's mind is working at TATA.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th September 2017 at 16:03. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability
itsmb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 16:00   #2563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Unless seat covers are being offered with back pockets, it doesn't make sense to give seat back pockets as lot of people will go for seat covers which makes seat back pockets not usable anyhow. Personally for me, Nexon should have come with seat covers in the top trim even at extra cost. I would have paid some premium for it.
Not at all. This isn't a justification at all. My car came with excellent fabric seats with both seat back pockets. So good that for 7 years I have used them without seat covers. Tata generally have very good quality stock upholstery & don't need seat covers.

With this reason, the car makers should stop giving MRF tires, stock horns, headlamp bulbs, music systems. People can select what they want aftermarket. Maybe even the ECU .

Its just cost cutting. Perhaps 50rs per car makes a big number if they sell in thousands.
Old 26th September 2017, 16:19   #2564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=P5OOPU_mz5Y
Reminds me of 2010, when I did India's first ever ColorCode (color QR) campaign for Indica. Tata Motors has traditionally been open to such innovations in print. Good job, everybody!
Vish_Janu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 16:48   #2565
Senior - BHPian

No trace of the petrol as yet, or even in the near future for test drives. Even in Diesel, delivery dates are fuzzy. RTO approvals not obtained in Bengaluru.

C'mon Tata, give us some clarity. We're cheering for you! This thread has really hit the hot spot!

Anyone seen the silver NEXON? No spy shots to be seen anywhere.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed