Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 15:28   #2626
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Took delivery of TATA NEXON XZ+ SEATTLE SILVER color yesterday.
Thanks to all the members who did TDs before me (I did it on saturday) and posted unbiased views. That made me cancel my s-cross booking and wait for NEXON. Was very impressed with TD and had booked Grey colour. The sales person had told me that Silver will come by monday and if I like it I can take immediate delivery.
Went yesterday evening, liked it
Here is a short video with Delivery pics and drive video at night.
Cruises smoothly at 90 @1700 rpm in 6th gear with very limited engine noise and tyre noise creeping into the cabin.
The steering feels very well weighted at high speed. The car picks up nicely in 3rd and 4th and there is no need to downshift for overtaking.

White and silver were delivered together and we were the first ones to get delivery at KOSMO Jalandhar. Both of us not from JALANDHAR
Will soon post a review thread
driftagain is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 16:55   #2627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
Thanks to all the members who did TDs before me (I did it on saturday) and posted unbiased views. That made me cancel my s-cross booking and wait for NEXON. Was very impressed with TD and had booked Grey colour.
White and silver were delivered together and we were the first ones to get delivery at KOSMO Jalandhar. Both of us not from JALANDHAR
Will soon post a review thread
Congrats man.

How is the projector lamps throw and the visibility at night ?

If possible, can u compare it with your existing car ?

Last edited by theMAG : 28th September 2017 at 22:49. Reason: Trimming entire quoted post in the best interests of readability.
Old 28th September 2017, 17:15   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Congrats man.

How is the projector lamps throw and the visibility at night ?

If possible, can u compare it with your existing car ?
The projector lamps throw is good and it was stress free driving at night. The figo headlamps were not good at all and driving at night was a pain.
Figo does score well in ride and handling and good build and Nexon is more like a ford than any other cars I considered which were S-Cross, Brezza and Creta 1.4. The ecosport is great but ride was a bit too firm and visibility not that good (especially if you have to drive in narrow lanes at times).

Had been waiting for long for a change.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th September 2017 at 08:13. Reason: Typo
driftagain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 17:19   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty congratulations buddy. Yours is probably the first Nexon in the forum. Wish you many miles of merry motoring.
Old 28th September 2017, 18:45   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats and enjoy your ride . I am sure you'll be getting a lot of questions from fellow BHP'ians regarding Nexon. Try to answer most of them when you're free as Team-BHP review not out yet and the 1st buyer experience will be most helpful for people making or thinking of purchasing Nexon.

Saw this marketing from Tata on twitter today, I am impressed Tata's are going all guns blazing: from AR to this.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg

Last edited by theMAG : 28th September 2017 at 22:53. Reason: Typo corrected.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 19:10   #2631
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cruises smoothly at 90 @1700 rpm in 6th gear with very limited engine noise and tyre noise creeping into the cabin.
Congratulations.

A very relaxed engine at 90kmph. If you don't mind - can you please update the corresponding rpms for 100 and 120kmph as well? (After run-in if it exceeds the initial manufacturer recommendations).
Old 28th September 2017, 19:16   #2632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, @Driftagain ! And double congrats for being among the very first. Wishing you a long happy ownership of the Nexon.

On another note, on my 3 visits to the showroom, noticed quite a few owners of Maruti cars taking TD and being (quite) impressed with the Nexon.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 19:47   #2633
Senior - BHPian

Lot of conversions to grey from red and blue, after seeing in person I hear. It's sold out now! White is also popular and is not available among the initial lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
After an overdose Blue and Red people who started associating NEXON with funky looks will change their opinion after seeing this video.
Old 28th September 2017, 19:53   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to all the members who did TDs before me (I did it on saturday) and posted unbiased views. That made me cancel my s-cross booking and wait for NEXON. Was very impressed with TD and had booked Grey colour.
Congrats and wish you lots of happy miles with your Nexon. Do get it detailed soon. I have a silver Tiago more than an year old now and it's still shiny and very metallic under sunlight so good colour selection

Few questions, did you get the Active Key band thingy? And which all accessories did you get?

Last edited by theMAG : 28th September 2017 at 22:51. Reason: Trimming entire quoted post in the best interests of readability.
Sam_GTR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 19:56   #2635
BHPian

Driftagain, congrats!!! Thanks for showing us the first glimpse of Nexon in Seattle Grey color. I request you to share some photos of the same. May be the ones you used in the video would also do. We'll wait for your owner's review.
Old 28th September 2017, 20:04   #2636
Team-BHP Support

A friend took delivery of his TATA Nexon today - the first delivery from the Bangalore dealership as informed to him. As per his initial impressions - "Car is very refined and gives a huge benchmark for tata".

Below are the pictures -

Courtesy - RanaprathapRajkumarnaidu.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170928wa0028.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170928wa0029.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170928wa0030.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th September 2017 at 20:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 21:40   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of Nexon diesel today (@ KVR Dream Vehicles - Kannur). It was a short test drive as test drive (and launch) is not officially started in our city yet.

Few Negatives
- Ceramic strip is going to be tough to maintain. It is better to do transparent protective wrap from 3M or similar vendors
- Rear seat split (60 side) need bit more force to lock it back in position. Needs to double check every time (I checked 2 vehicles to confirm)
- Black plastic strip above front fog lamp housing felt bit flimsy

Overall interior bottom plastics felt a notch below Hyundai, but it is almost there.

Positives/Comments
+ It looks bigger in real than in pictures
+ Single tone looks better than dual tone
+ Design is very eye catching - During the test drive we could see many people checking the vehicle. Very unique exterior design.
+ Interior is spacious - Rear floor hump is almost flat and is reasonably good for medium sized adults. Under thigh and back support is average due to bench design and rear arm rest. Very comfortable for two.
+ If you install a reasonably sized child seat at the rear, accommodating two more passengers at rear is going to be tough.
+ Economy mode is OK for normal driving conditions. I started my test drive in eco mode + 2 passengers + AC on : It did reasonably well climbing typical uphill curvy road (in Kerala) near showroom.
+ City and Sport mode difference is noticeable - It was fun to drive in sport mode on a typical Kerala highway.
+ Ride quality is good (I think test drive vehicle tire pressure was high - asked dealer person to check it)
+ Sliding cover and centre console looks really nice (could have offered better quality sliding cover though)
+ Arm rest good but is bit short
+ Front seat is above average but could have been better

Everything else about the vehicle I found it really good. I saw few customers checking and taking test drive during my short stay at the dealership. I saw a prospective Hexa customer checking Nexon in detail.

According to dealer they already have around 25 bookings. Petrol test drive vehicles have not arrived yet.

I made it clear to the dealer persons that I am not there to book or buy Nexon, but was there just to check it out. Their sales team Mr. Gijesh and Mr. Vipin were very co-operative and were with me till I walked out of the showroom. I forgot name of the gentleman who accompanied me during test drive, kudos to him as well. Very enthusiastic and eager to serve customers. People who are looking for Nexon in Kannur can reach out to them. Dealer experience is very very good (It was very good when I went to check Tiago and Hexa during their launch as well).

My friend booked diesel and I shared my test drive details with him. Most likely he is going to go ahead with his booking (XZ+ diesel grey color) and expected delivery is towards the end of Oct.

Here are few pictures I clicked (single tone red and dual tone blue - both XZ+ variants)
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon1.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon2.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon3.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon4.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon5.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th September 2017 at 21:53.
Latheesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 22:32   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Took a test drive of Nexon diesel today (@ KVR Dream Vehicles - Kannur).
Yes, KVR kannur has very good customer service and also after sales service. I bought my Tiago from them.
I had enquired about Nexon and they had promised to call me back when TD starts, wonder why they haven't yet.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th September 2017 at 23:41. Reason: Post edited. Please do not quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Sam_GTR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 22:39   #2639
Senior - BHPian

Here is a short video I shot using my cell phone

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th September 2017 at 22:40.
Latheesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 05:32   #2640
Senior - BHPian

Here comes THE NEXON in all its 50 shades! Couple of mis-steps with Tata dealers and Concorde especially, but finally booked with Adhya Motors, who went out of their way to accommodate me.

Will detail out the buy and ownership in a carefully worded review soon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 29th September 2017 at 05:38. Reason: pic not attaching
Sebring is offline   (30) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks