Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 13:07   #2656
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Congratulations to all those lucky guys who got Nexon delivered!!. Congratulation to all those who have booked too!

Did a short test drive of diesel Nexon XZ+ yesterday with my friend. My experience also isn’t much different than our fellow TBHP members.

The vehicle is a looker. Good road presence. Nice view outside, not commanding but was higher than most others. What I liked more was nice ride with good ground clearance and interior space. Engine felt nice and smooth. I felt it was noisy outside but inside it was really comfortable. Lots of utility spaces. Superb ICE.

Engine felt nice and powerful. On one occasion though, when I tried to overtake a car the vehicle didn’t comply. I was in sport mode. My friend also said he had such a moment. Don’t know what happened. Was fine afterwards. Eco mode was pretty useless. Very dull response.

Tata messed with some areas though. Like rearward visibility is very poor. Was having trouble through IRVM. The problem multiplies when there are people seated behind. Will be a big problem for cars without reverse display. Accessing dead pedal was troublesome. Couldn’t freely move between clutch and dead pedal- always got caught with my shoes.

They missed auto dimming IRVM. Manual adjustment is there. Also Arm rest for driver is really small in length- should have been sliding. Armrest also locks magnetically. Only time will tell how long it will last.

Spare wheel was steel not alloy. I thought there would be an under seat tray on passenger side but didn’t find one.

I found the drive mode knob size good. Not too big or too small. Rear air blower was silent on speed 1 and noisy on 2.

Last edited by RideRanger : 29th September 2017 at 13:09.
RideRanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 13:38   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A friend took delivery of his TATA Nexon today - the first delivery from the Bangalore dealership as informed to him.
Below are the pictures -

Courtesy - RanaprathapRajkumarnaidu.
Sir, going through the delivery pictures, i found the headlamps showing a tinge of fogging.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-fogging2.jpg

Did the dealership give any reasons for the same, to your friend?

I believe, even Jeep compass is facing this fogging issue.
Moto$apien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 13:50   #2658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Sir, going through the delivery pictures, i found the headlamps showing a tinge of fogging.

I believe those are not fogging issue but the DRL's. Due to the camera angle probably you are seeing it as fogging issue.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:03   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I believe those are not fogging issue but the DRL's. Due to the camera angle probably you are seeing it as fogging issue.
hehe .. sir, your belief is wrong. With all due respect, i have been following the thread far too closely. the DRLs of nexon are like

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonheadlightdrlimages1.jpg

They (DRLs) are near the low beam projectors, not the high beam halogen bulbs. the fogging issue though is a common resultant of humid weather, but the headlamp assembly seals should've been checked.
Moto$apien is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:19   #2660
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1680855

Yes it is a fogging issue, this happens when the temperatures differ. This could have happened at the time of manufacturing of car.
I assume these were manufactured when it was raining helter-shelter in Maharashtra, the temperatures might be different inside the manufacturing factory while assembling the headlights and bulbs.

I believe both Compass and Nexon are made at Ranjangaon Plant in Pune. Hence both facing similar issues.
Some of you might have seen the picture of Nexons in background while showing off the Jeep Compass, somehow I am not able to find the picture.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:21   #2661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hehe .. sir, your belief is wrong. With all due respect, i have been following the thread far too closely. the DRLs of nexon are like

They (DRLs) are near the low beam projectors, not the high beam halogen bulbs. the fogging issue though is a common resultant of humid weather, but the headlamp assembly seals should've been checked.
Aah ok! My bad. I was thinking that it the DRL extends all the way (around the high beam bulbs as well) in the headlight assembly.

to your observation skills.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:35   #2662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Sharp eyes! I doubt even the owner might have noticed it yet. Will bring it to his attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
I assume these were manufactured when it was raining helter-shelter in Maharashtra, the temperatures might be different inside the manufacturing factory while assembling the headlights and bulbs.

I believe both Compass and Nexon are made at Ranjangaon Plant in Pune. Hence both facing similar issues.
True. Believe this could be the reason. Not a serious one. Will anyways point it out to the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Some of you might have seen the picture of Nexons in background while showing off the Jeep Compass, somehow I am not able to find the picture.
I believe it was the announcement of the start of production of the Nexon, where Compass was seen in the background.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:54   #2663
BHPian

Sharp eyes indeed, but this does not look like fogging. There is a metallic strip at the bottom which reflects light. This is more prominently on the headlight of the Elite i20, which looks like a pseudo DRL.

This strip is typically not very visible, but if you take pics with a flash, it reflects back creating that effect. You may want to check any pic with and without a flash to confirm.
Old 29th September 2017, 14:54   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sharp eyes! I doubt even the owner might have noticed it yet. Will bring it to his attention.

My 2 cents - allow the lamps to run for some time (30-45 mins?) and the fog should vanish. Happnes in most cars! It's basically got to do with inadequate allowance for the humidity to escape coupled with lower temperature outside and not enough heat inside the lamp to evaporate the humidity. In all lamps, the breather hole is inside the engine bay and hence... the phenomenon!
Old 29th September 2017, 15:24   #2665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Sharp eyes indeed, but this does not look like fogging. There is a metallic strip at the bottom which reflects light. This is more prominently on the headlight of the Elite i20, which looks like a pseudo DRL.
Its fogging beyond doubt. It does not resemble any design details of the headlamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingsman View Post
My 2 cents - allow the lamps to run for some time (30-45 mins?) and the fog should vanish. Happnes in most cars! It's basically got to do with inadequate allowance for the humidity to escape coupled with lower temperature outside and not enough heat inside the lamp to evaporate the humidity. In all lamps, the breather hole is inside the engine bay and hence... the phenomenon!
Ideally - it should not happen or should happen in a very tiny % of new cars which can be excused as a quality miss. The headlamp has to be sealed dry.

If moisture is already in it - it is either not sealed properly OR it has the moisture stuck in it. This will remain a recurring problem for that particular unit until replaced as far as I know. Or it might be a simple fix like properly fixing the rear seal cap if it is not done so.
Old 29th September 2017, 15:44   #2666
Senior - BHPian

Hey I got Goodyear with XZ+ and I'm mighty cross with Tata. Planning to change them to Yokos.

I had the transformer alloys on the previous car and they look and perform great. Go right ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I am planning for Neo transformer alloy and Yokohama Geolander AT tires.
Old 29th September 2017, 15:51   #2667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hey I got Goodyear with XZ+ and I'm mighty cross with Tata. Planning to change them to Yokos.

I had the transformer alloys on the previous car and they look and perform great. Go right ahead!
Which GoodYears have you got if I may ask?
Old 29th September 2017, 15:55   #2668
Senior - BHPian

Hi, this is the tyre I got; Goodyear 215 60R16. Dealer says half of them are fitted with these and I had major issues in the past with this brand. Going for Yokos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Which GoodYears have you got if I may ask?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 15:59   #2669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi, this is the tyre I got; Goodyear 215 60R16. Dealer says half of them are fitted with these and I had major issues in the past with this brand. Going for Yokos.
Yokos are always wonderful no doubt. But I was interested in the tire brand/model rather than the specs. They'll always be 215 60R16 on the XZ+

Are they Excellence by chance? If yes - they are pretty good all weather tires. Sufficiently hard to tackle our road conditions yet comfortable & grippy in dry and wet.
Old 29th September 2017, 16:08   #2670
BHPian

I'd recommend sticking to the OEM makes. They are tested, proven and tuned to the vehicle.

Also, you've paid for them. Why not use them off and then if you don't like them, move on!
cingsman is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks