Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 17:56   #2761
BHPian

I have made an unofficial booking for nexon on 30th Sept and confirmed the colour and variant (XZ+ diesel white color) on official booking date (Sept 11th) with dealer Prerana Motors in Bangalore.
However after multiple chase ups SA is stating unavailability of white color nexon. He promised delivery only by oct month end.
Now I'm thinking weather to cancel the booking as it's too long..
Anyone have any idea why white color nexon will take such a long time for delivery..
Old 4th October 2017, 18:08   #2762
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharu945 View Post
I have made an unofficial booking for nexon on 30th Sept and confirmed the colour and variant (XZ+ diesel white color) on official booking date (Sept 11th) with dealer Prerana Motors in Bangalore.
However after multiple chase ups SA is stating unavailability of white color nexon. He promised delivery only by oct month end.
Now I'm thinking weather to cancel the booking as it's too long..
Anyone have any idea why white color nexon will take such a long time for delivery..
Thats about 4 weeks at max for waiting. Not very surprising given the number of bookings that Tata must have received for the Nexon. You might get one a lot earlier depending on cancellations etc. But people wait for 2-3 months for their cars. 1 Month is not that bad I'd say.
Old 4th October 2017, 18:10   #2763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Today's spyshot of the Nexon XZA, courtesy Ron.

What's more interesting to note in this pic - notice the partly-camouflaged Safari Storme in the lead with red TC plates? A facelift in the offing, or a future AT variant?
Thanks RavenAvi for that pic. Looks like the XZA is the only AMT variant spied testing, wish they come up with an AMT in the top of the line variant as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
An AT wont need camo like that. More like a small facelift ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Exactly, I too noticed the Storme, NOT the Nexon
The camouflaged Storme seen in the pic is apparently the Army spec variant as per an article on Cartoq & IAB. Looks like changes have been made to the bumper, but would that alone warrant a camouflaged test vehicle? or is there something more to it than meets the eye?

Source : http://www.cartoq.com/exclusive-tata...ting-in-india/ & https://indianautosblog.com/2017/10/...y-spied-285611

Cheers
Uday

Last edited by uday.ere : 4th October 2017 at 18:14.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 18:11   #2764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharu945 View Post
You would be one of the early-birds here. So why give up your position in the booking list ?

I suggest just keep it, but keep following up. Deliveries have started slowly. Let the vehicles come in.
Old 4th October 2017, 18:15   #2765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Good to hear that. I will have to check and let you know as I haven't had the time to do that. So, going by your advise, if it's Assurance will stick with it. Thanks man.
By the way Sebring, would you be so kind to voluntarily contact Aditya/GTO/Jaggu/TSK or any of the Mods, loan them your Nexon for a week? People are dying out here for a TBHP official review

A similar thing happened for the Tigor as well. If TML hasn't provided a test car for the duration that TBHP needs, it will be a sin on their part! The one place where they can hope to get a review that does not end like "So Tata has a good product. It ticks all the boxes. We could not find any drawbacks in it. It kicked butt of all the competition. Still, we'll recommend the Brezza always for the peace of mind and because Tata and Nexon is 'just not there yet'."
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 18:26   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Could you share the same? It might be helpful for people who can use that as reference during the discussions with dealers.
Like MrBaddy has suggested people here could use this attached price list to try and negotiate on the Handling and Logistics charges.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-concorde-pune2.jpg  

SneakyFunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 19:40   #2767
Senior - BHPian

It would be an honour to lend my car for such endeavours. Seriously guys! I'm putting together few bits but am sure wont be a patch on these veterans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
By the way Sebring, would you be so kind to voluntarily contact Aditya/GTO/Jaggu/TSK or any of the Mods, loan them your Nexon for a week? People are dying out here for a TBHP official review

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2017 at 20:55. Reason: Quote fixed.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 20:03   #2768
Senior - BHPian

I do not think availability of test drive vehicle for longer duration was a problem this time. Mods already driven it during media drive in Kochi. I remember reading somewhere about test driving it in Mumbai as well. Normally mods post about tentative date of official review publishing date.In this case we really do not know the reason for delay. May be nonavailability of petrol version for longer test drive could be a reason, but not sure. People in hurry can test drive it on their own and take decision.

Many new cars are launched during last couple of months. Each review requires lot of effort, let us wait for mods update.

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th October 2017 at 20:09.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 20:10   #2769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
May be nonavailability of petrol version for longer test drive could be a reason, but not sure.
Most likely the case, I fully agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
People in hurry can test drive it on their own and take decision.
Absolutely. But people like me who aren't really going to buy it, still crave for the mod review about the engine's capabilities and the most important and unique section of TBHP reviews - "The small but significant things"
Old 4th October 2017, 20:15   #2770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I checked out the Nexon and like the car.I'm in the market for a petrol car and when i was firm with this intent i haven't heard from the dealer ever since. Maybe they want me to make a deposit on a petrol Nexon without experiencing it's performance on the road. I will not do that and i insist on a test drive before purchasing a car.
The petrol vehicle wasn't available till today for a test drive. Since I'd gone to check out a side bumper protection for my Diesel, the friendly SE over there asked me if I'd like to test drive the petrol.

Went for one and I was really impressed with what Tata have achieved here. It's a 3 pot so doesn't feel very powerful, but the power delivery is linear and puts it in the league of Honda and Hyundai. Trust me, it's that good.

Gear shifts and clutch were easy both in thick traffic as well as empty roads. Suspension absorbed all the bumps on Bengaluru's infamous roads. Couldn't feel a thing.

Just make sure you go to a good dealership (very few to choose from) as that's the only missing link in an otherwise great story. However, I'd still choose Diesel over Petrol and that's been their strength for decades now.

Last edited by ampere : 4th October 2017 at 20:38.
Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 20:47   #2771
BHPian

It is less than 2 weeks since the Tata Nexon was launched in India, and already the crossover is having long waiting periods. A report says that the waiting period for the Nexon is between 6 to 8 weeks. Even the Maruti Brezza, which is Nexon’s chief competitor, has a similar waiting period.

http://www.cartoq.com/tata-nexon-wai...-hit-2-months/
Old 4th October 2017, 20:50   #2772
BHPian

For people in Hyderabad, if you are looking to Test Drive the Petrol, Venkataramana Motors, Gachibowli are having the car. I believe most of the other dealers do not yet have the petrol one for Test Drive.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 21:24   #2773
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
It is less than 2 weeks since the Tata Nexon was launched in India, and already the crossover is having long waiting periods. A report says that the waiting period for the Nexon is between 6 to 8 weeks. Even the Maruti Brezza, which is Nexon’s chief competitor, has a similar waiting period.

http://www.cartoq.com/tata-nexon-wai...-hit-2-months/
While the article tries to paint a very positive picture that Nexon is off to a great start rivaling Brezza - the reality strikes differently. Same article says that bookings might reach 10k within the first month of launch. That's a very lukewarm response for the segment.

Brezza, for example - had crossed 20k bookings within the first two weeks, and 40k bookings within the first month of launch.

Ecosport had 17k bookings within the first week and 30k bookings in 17 days post which they suspended bookings as the demand exceeded their planned capacity.

Agreed that the above two had limited competition. However, even the recently launched and rather underwhelming Honda WRV had received 12k bookings within a month of launch.

TATA had set a very ambitious target of 5.5k units a month, IIRC.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th October 2017 at 21:26.
Old 4th October 2017, 22:15   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
While the article tries to paint a very positive picture that Nexon is off to a great start rivaling Brezza - the reality strikes differently. Same article says that bookings might reach 10k within the first month of launch. That's a very lukewarm response for the segment.

Brezza, for example - had crossed 20k bookings within the first two weeks, and 40k bookings within the first month of launch.

Ecosport had 17k bookings within the first week and 30k bookings in 17 days post which they suspended bookings as the demand exceeded their planned capacity.

Agreed that the above two had limited competition. However, even the recently launched and rather underwhelming Honda WRV had received 12k bookings within a month of launch.

TATA had set a very ambitious target of 5.5k units a month, IIRC.
The numbers quoted are at best a rumor. If that is true then I would say 10K bookings in less than two weeks is a great start for a tata product. Cannot compare it to Brezza. Maruti always has advantage over Tata. Honda WRV is an apt comparison. 10K in less than two weeks is better than 12K in less than a month.
Old 4th October 2017, 22:29   #2775
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Honda WRV is an apt comparison. 10K in less than two weeks is better than 12K in less than a month.
Article says the sources reveal that 10k might happen in a month, not two weeks.

Quote:
Unofficial sources from Tata state that the company is looking at 10,000 bookings for the Nexon within the first month of launch.
Anyways, yes - it's still a rumour based article and hope the confirmation from TATA comes in soon enough.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks