Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 22:38   #2776
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
TATA had set a very ambitious target of 5.5k units a month, IIRC.
3500 units, if I recall correctly. I had mentioned each showroom would have to sell 2 a week or so to achieve that target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
3500 units of the Nexon is a healthy target for Tata. That's 10 cars per showroom on average per month, or 1 car every three days. Here's to the Nexon and to Tata.

Last edited by discoverwild : 4th October 2017 at 23:08. Reason: Found my quote and added it.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 23:52   #2777
BHPian

Today visited the showroom to have a look at Nexon. Looked stylish to me. Sound system was awesome. No need to upgrade. Quality & space inside was quite appreciable. Did a TD inside the showroom premises only, thus could not judge any thing except the NVH ( was a diesel). The engine sound was quite audible, much more than my Verna. What I remember from my Honda WRV TD, engine sound inside was almost the same.
For some strange reason, while entering into the driver's seat , invariably I brushed my head to the upper window seal of the car. Nobody​ else has probably experienced this. Then I lowered the seat height & felt little better but never felt normal. I am 5'8" . Six footers should have a harder time. But ingress & egress to rear was ok for me.
Overall felt that it is a nice product from TATA. Blue color top end diesel was ready for immediate delivery. Was expecting a long waiting period but I was wrong. Tyres were Bridgetone Touranza, quite impressive as stock. No Tyre upgrades required too. Am waiting for a proper TD.
Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 05:05   #2778
Senior - BHPian

I chose the Nexon not because I could not get the Brezza and there were long queues. I bought one because I rejected the build quality, the spartan cabin and the engine of the Brezza. Nexon is superior in these respects. My car is still to prove itself, and only time will tell - but I sincerely hope it performs.

Being a Tata it is put under intense scrutiny at every stage of the buying process, which would escape a Brezza as Maruti stands for peace of mind. This is firmly entrenched in our minds. It's also a fact that if we do not give other brands a chance, however competent it may be, they have no options but to go the GM way - and this is not good. Nexon's chink in the armour are few of the uncaring dealers like Concorde, who looks posh from outside but from inside are really hollow, and I'll keep Tata informed about any shortcomings on the product - doing my small bit.
Sebring is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 07:09   #2779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
It's also a fact that if we do not give other brands a chance, however competent it may be, they have no options but to go the GM way - and this is not good.
Well said, I too believe in this and every manufacturer should get a fair chance. Autoportal recently did a highly biassed comparison of Nexon v/s Brezza and later disabled the comments. Except for my experience with Renault Duster, all my other vehicles from different brands were equally competitive. Good luck on your new car and please share your ownership experience.

Last edited by deehunk : 5th October 2017 at 07:10.
Old 5th October 2017, 09:25   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Agree with Reinhard, that ceramic strip is going to get very dirty each time you drive, wash, or give car for service. I mentioned this in my post few days back
Whoever getting Nexon - please wrap that strip with a transparent film from 3M.
Here is the close picture of ceramic strip. We can clearly see average finish of bottom portion.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon6.jpg  

Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 09:26   #2781
BHPian

Ok, after my wait of nearly more than 1.5 years, after sacrificing my true lovers - Skoda Rapid DSG Tdi, VW Ameo DSG Tdi and Brezza zdi+ and my crushes - TUV 300 and Ecosport 1.5 tcdi, ended up in engagement last night with Nexon Diesel XZ+ Moracan Blue (dual tone). Marriage is proposed with Nexon in 6 to 9 weeks.

I was surprised that the SA and his team lead was waiting for me last night till 8:30 pm, then had my 2 nd test drive with my wife and kid, and completed the booking at 9:15pm and walked out of showroom (Concorde, Guindy - Chennai) at 9:35.

And here is their price list.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1507175959562.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th October 2017 at 14:54. Reason: back to back posts merged
satish_tns is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 09:44   #2782
Senior - BHPian

Have seen the Nexon on the road for 3 days in a row now (in Gurgaon area).

The car does have a striking presence on the road. Even with models like Baleno, Brezza, Ecosport, Creta around it, the Nexon does manage to stand out and in fact look better than the other models.

If this won't be a game changer for Tata Motors, then I don't know what would be. The car would generate the initial numbers, from there it would be the After Sales Service Experience which would determine the fate of the car.

But I somehow get this feeling that "All Izz Well" from here on for Tata.

Last edited by payeng : 5th October 2017 at 09:46.
payeng is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 13:37   #2783
BHPian

Took a test drive of Nexon last weekend in Bangalore and apart from what people have mentioned here in terms of styling, finish, interiors, back seat etc.

Following are 2 observations from my side
i) The centre console is too overwhelming for 6'2" profile drivers and the bulge near the pedals make it claustrophobic. It is not a deal breaker but couldn't find it airy
ii) Due to the massive centre console, seat belt fixing was becoming difficult as there is just no space
iii) Quite a few places where rattling can creep in e.g. the pull handle on passenger seat was rattling when the co-passenger pulled it above. In normal state it was working fine. The railing channel in centre console should also be prone to rattling in due course.

Apart from these, we found front seats little harder for our comfort but rear seats were adequately cushioned and comfortable
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 14:19   #2784
BHPian

Come on boss. When can we expect team-bhp review of Nexon? Please give us a vision atleast when we can expect? I know this is running on the minds of so many people here.
satish_tns is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 14:40   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Come on boss. When can we expect team-bhp review of Nexon? Please give us a vision atleast when we can expect? I know this is running on the minds of so many people here.
The Nexon is the car which has totally messed up my equation. I have been contemplating on upgrading my car (race chip'd Ford Figo TDci) for a while now. The car has served me well for close to 7 years now. Now I was contemplating on moving over to a Sedan like City or Verna. This got complicated by Creta and the last disruptor was Jeep Compass (would have to stretch a fair bit for the Diesel Longitude model). Wasn’t considering the Nexon all this while but then why not save some money and get a good car. This vehicle has all the characteristics I would want in my car. Priority being drivability, handling, suspension and creature comforts (need this as I have been devoid of all this till now, not a deal breaker though).

I think Nexon comes close all my requirements and it’s a good drivers car as well. This will also help me save a lot of money in comparison to the car’s I mentioned above. Its just a bad time for a consumer like me in the market, who hasn’t got a clue on which car to go for – Sedan or crossover, premium or basic. Also with my budget ranging from 10 lakhs, all the way to 20 lakhs (thanks to the Compass), I am all lost. Add second hand vehicles to this equation and I am totally lost.

Just stating what I feel as a consumer in the market now. I hope the Official review helps me make up my mind or possibly confusing me further. I only wish it was easier to choose the car I would want to go for.
mail.jaiswal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 15:35   #2786
Senior - BHPian

The market has moved from sedans to SUVs and Crossovers. Next big shift will be towards electric vehicles. You thoughts were playing in my mind as well, and I'm pretty happy with the buy so far. But, Tata motors is no Maruti or Hyundai whjen it comes to CUSTOMER. Mails are never acknowledged. And everything is forwarded to the dealer to handle. The other companies move heaven and earth to resolve any minor irritant, and someone always call from the regional office. Not here. There is no contact point, so this gets little getting used to. Hope somebody at Tata Motors is reading, and corrects this! At least with the first customers who have voted with their wallets and taken the plunge. Wonder if they ever take feedback or do their own bit! It's a mystery to me, how they work.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 17:01   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
The Nexon is the car which has totally messed up my equation.
I think Nexon comes close all my requirements and it’s a good drivers car as well. This will also help me save a lot of money in comparison to the car’s I mentioned above.
Not only you but I know a lot of people in the same boat, but it all boils down to what you want to be in and how much much hard earned money you want to spend on.

The problem Nexon has created is confusing one, its a brilliant product which has very few flaws which are not much of deal breakers. It is better than others or on par than the cars in same segments (I do not which to talk about the features or XYZ things these are already mentioned on the group). But the main problem is people are not booking this product despite liking is the Brand Image, if this was a Maruti or Hyundai it would have been a different story.

People who want a good product, don't care about the brand image,can live with few things which are missing or not a priority and liked Nexon,you guys should go for it. If you sit and analyze the bad tit bits, I am sure you will find it in the most expensive cars also or rather dare I say in Maruti and Hyundai's too.

Its up to you, are you ready to make a change then make it with an open mind, if you are scared about the brand image or doubtful making the purchase, you will always have that 10% of doubt in your mind saying "Did I make a right move by purchasing XYZ car? " this will be present even after your happy with the purchase.

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 5th October 2017 at 17:08.
Old 5th October 2017, 17:15   #2788
BHPian

Here is the accessories list given by Concorde Motors, Guindy - Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1507203893338.jpg  

satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 17:31   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
For some strange reason, while entering into the driver's seat , invariably I brushed my head to the upper window seal of the car. Nobody​ else has probably experienced this. Then I lowered the seat height & felt little better but never felt normal. I am 5'8" . Six footers should have a harder time. But ingress & egress to rear was ok for me.
I could relate to you. I faced this issue yesterday while getting out of the car after a test drive. I have been in the display car about 6-7 times and taken three test drives and I faced this issue once at the end of third test drive. I'm 6'1" and am so used to walking in and out of WagonR for 11 years. I think the issue for me in Nexon was the ceiling seemed to be high when I sit in the car and I could see a decent gap between my head and the roof, but the window seal is relatively down from the roof which caused the hit.

Still confused whether to go ahead with the buy or not. I liked everything about the car except that it is not giving me that upgrade feeling in terms of space/airiness. Bolt and Zest are far more spacious than Nexon or atleast seem to be. I'm spoiled too with the airiness offered in WagonR. With the short side windows, very minimal rear window and that large black design sticker on the front window, Tata should have offered Sunroof with increased price for Nexon.

And seriously waiting for the Official Review. At least that should make my decision easy.

And Maruti put a spanner in my other options by withdrawing the 1.6 on S Cross.
Old 5th October 2017, 19:28   #2790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I could relate to you. I faced this issue yesterday while getting out of the car after a test drive. I have been in the display car about 6-7 times and taken three test drives and I faced this issue once at the end of third test drive. I'm 6'1" and am so used to walking in and out of WagonR for 11 years. I think the issue for me in Nexon was the ceiling seemed to be high when I sit in the car and I could see a decent gap between my head and the roof, but the window seal is relatively down from the roof which caused the hit.
I'm 6'3" and didn't face any issue at all. Although I drive a Vista. You can never get the feel of a WagonR in a car that is not a tall boy. Any car that has an aerodynamically sloped windshield with a swooping roof, will have a low window sill.
WagonR has very vertical front windshield which gives a more vertical A pillar that connects at a more acute angle with the roof compared to cars with swooping roofs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Tata should have offered Sunroof with increased price for Nexon.
Maybe a sunroof, cruise control, auto-dimming IRVM will be the top 3 in the product refresh after 1.5-2 years .

Last edited by Reinhard : 5th October 2017 at 19:37.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks